• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen muti-region game again?

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    They have enough room for Johto, Kanto and something else to lengthen the game a little more. They've been working on this since D/P so I highly doubt they'll disappoint.

I hope it's kanto again but the way they had so many references in the d/p game they might possibly make us go to sinnoh instead and that'll be a disappoint but as long as I can train my pokes to lvl 80 I'm happy
    No, it's impossible. They have a Sinnoh region in DS. And remember that 2nd and 4th gen are in the same time, so if you go to Sinnoh... It would be EXACTLY the same! Only a few weeks/months before Lucas starts his journey.

I thinkthey SHOULD keep Kanto. That's what made G/S/C so special. If they put it out, then Johto would be bigger and a major plot for sure, but some places wouldn't have a use:
    -Magnet Train: Where are we supossed to go now?
    -SS. Aqua: Same as Magnet Train.
    -Johto's electric system: The power plant was in Kanto. Now where? All regions have a power plant.
    -Miltank Ranch: If they quit Kanto, it wouldn't such a great job don't you think?
    -Whirl Islands: How can we get Lugia now? The old man in Pewter was suposse to give you the Silver Wing.
    -What would be next to New Bark Town? A lake of water? Or maybe nothing?

Also, remember the Tohjo falls are part of Johto and Kanto(well, it's supossed to, but it's part of Kanto in the Map). Then so many places would be forgotten.

I'm 100% sure they'll add Kanto. Johto needs Kanto and Kanto needs Johto. They're like a big region, they don't seem like two separated regions.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    No, it's impossible. They have a Sinnoh region in DS. And remember that 2nd and 4th gen are in the same time, so if you go to Sinnoh... It would be EXACTLY the same! Only a few weeks/months before Lucas starts his journey.
    Going by that, if GF were to cram in a third region it would be Hoenn, since it took place in the same timeline as Kanto.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Wait, if they were to cram a third region into the remake? I think that would be a little too much in my opinion. Although if they did I guess it could be the Hoenn, but I don't see how they connect.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Yes, it would be a tad overkill. But if they were to do it (and I know they won't) I'm just saying it would have to be Hoenn by default unless they decided to come up with another new region which is even less likely.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they crammed a third region in the remake, then yes it would be a little over done for my part. I mean it'll sure be fun, but still too much. Hoenn would be the best choice for it, and I would picture getting there by ship, since it isn't connected like the Kanto and Johto are.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I doubt I would like the game if they added in three regions, that is more than this remake would need. Just, no. I like Kanto, but it just needs more "subsent" as mention before. That would make the game even more exciting to play.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I highly doubt they would even think to add three regions. It would be a loss of money because it'll come like a GSC, FRLG, and RSE remake in one, when eventually they can remake the other two later on.

Though, yes, they will definitely need to give some attention to Kanto in the remake.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    It'd be nice if the Team Rocket plot extended to Kanto and they wreaked some havoc there. Maybe then Kanto wouldn't feel as dead as it did in GSC. As far as I know, Kanto shouldn't be a deserted wasteland.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They need to keep Kanto, and definitely make a plot for it. The game needs to stay a multi-regional game, because it makes it what it is.

Years
    They need to keep Kanto, and definitely make a plot for it. The game needs to stay a multi-regional game, because it makes it what it is.

I agree. Also, I recently restarted my Gold version. Without Kanto, half the gameplay would be lost. You have to remember that the Elite Four in this game is the halfway mark. Otherwise, I could easily complete the game in less than 8 hours.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    THe game would be short without it being multi-regional, so that brings up a good point too.

Years
    THe game would be short without it being multi-regional, so that brings up a good point too.

There is no reason to remove Kanto, period. They are remaking the games, not making reVISED games. You couldn't catch the Kanto legends anyways, so it isn't like there would be more powerful pokemon in this game. I DO hope they revise the Kanto music from FireRed and LeafGreen like they did in the old Gold and Silver versions.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If they don't add the Kanto region what region would they add? The Hoenn and Sinnoh regions are nothing similar to the Johto region like the Kanto region is.

Years
    If they don't add the Kanto region what region would they add? The Hoenn and Sinnoh regions are nothing similar to the Johto region like the Kanto region is.

Honestly one day I hope they connect all four regions. I have actually developed the perfect plot for this situation, however it still needs work and Nintendo would never develop fan-based ideas :|.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    I think that they'll have Kanto in it. I mean the originals did so the remakes should too. Maybe something like the Sevii islands to add to the story...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If they do happen to add both the Kanto region and the Sevii Islands (which I hope they do), where do you guys think they'll add the other generation pokemon? I am thinking it would be in the Safari Zone.

Anyways, I think the Kanto region has a higher chance than both the Sinnoh and Hoenn region to be put in the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    If they do happen to add both the Kanto region and the Sevii Islands (which I hope they do), where do you guys think they'll add the other generation pokemon? I am thinking it would be in the Safari Zone.
    In-game swarms. I registered Billy over near Violet so he'd tell me when those freaking Buneary started stormed in, not every time he failed at catching his stupid little Pidgey. "Stop wasting my minutes, boy!"
    Also, Safari Zone. But we wouldn't wanna cram too many species in, as not all of them are really fit for a safari environment, so to speak.

"Hey Bob, you know why Ralts is so rare in the Safari Zone?"
    "Why?"
    "Because they're always being raped and eaten by Nidoking. LOL!"
    "...I hate you. ;-;"

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Speaking of swarms and multi-regional, there would be a lot of new places to have swarms in. They would have a lot more places for new wild Pokémon, and new trainers too (maybe). So, I'm hoping they keep the game with double regions like before.

Back