• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Goal - Destroy all Sweepers! [RMT - Stall]

Years
    Just to throw in an idea, you could use a Tentacruel somewhere. Aside from Tox Spikes and an alternative spinner, Liquid Ooze means death for SubSeeders (coughplumecough).
    You had one on a previous Stall Team, no, Anti?

Last edited:

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    hey Azelf, I run one of those Orb'd Salamences ^^ Only with Crunch + Wish support (although it's VERY troublesome to get in Salamence to take the Wish)

Anyway, Archer has a great idea; Liquid Ooze Tenta will scare off sub-seeders when they keep on losing health each turn. It'll also keep em at bay until Tenta dies.

Years
    hey Azelf, I run one of those Orb'd Salamences ^^ Only with Crunch + Wish support (although it's VERY troublesome to get in Salamence to take the Wish)

Anyway, Archer has a great idea; Liquid Ooze Tenta will scare off sub-seeders when they keep on losing health each turn. It'll also keep em at bay until Tenta dies.

Lol, by pure coincidence, I pulled out my old stall team today and had problems with the exact Mixmence that Azelf mentioned.

Anyway,

Tentacruel @ Lefties
    Calm | Liquid Ooze
    < 204 HP, 96 SAtk, 208 SDef >
    ~ Toxic Spikes
    ~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Surf
    ~ Giga Drain

Toxic Spikes is yummy. Giga Impact Drain is stops Swampert and Hippowdon from quaking you to death. HP EVs for Max Lefties Recovery, SAtk allows a 2HKO on Swampert with Toxic Support.
    I suggest taking out Forry for this. Tenta has the Tox immunity like forry, but also removes tox spikes automatically, it can spin and says hi to SubSeeders. Plus, your team is physically sturdy enough, I've found Forry to be overshadowed by Hippo as a Phys wall.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'm not too worried about Mixape, Gyara is EVed in SDef and has more HP EVs than standard Bulky Gyarados.

As for Vileplume, you guys obviously don't get what I'm trying to say. Gyarados outstalls Vileplume (since it outstalls Venusaur...) Not to say Vileplume isn't a problem, because it is, but I just don't think it's as huge as you're acting like it is, because it really isn't. I know Gyarados can't hurt it, but it CAN stall it, much more than you'd think. Sleep Powder actually HELPS since I can PP stall you while I'm not using any attacks.

As for replacing Hippowdon for Tyranitar, my team would go from defensively strong to "run for your life! My only physical wall left is a utility pokemon!" kind of thing. Hippowdon isn't to set sandstorm (though it's VERY convenient), it's for a physical wall. Heracross would run me over with CB attacks if I can't outpredict it, and Tyranitar...gg. Stone Edge KOs everything without a rock resist.

As for MixMence ("As for" = win!), I've known that's been a problem for awhile now...Yeah, let's pick on the minor weaknesses instead of the major one! <--Yes, that was a joke. The awesome thing about MixMence is that it's very easy to wear out. The minute it sees Hippowdon (since that's usually my switch into Salamence), it thinks "DRACO METEOR" and Snorlax comes in, then Gyarados can come in and take Brick Break...it's pretty easy to outpredict. Again, I'm not saying it isn't a problem, since it's probably the biggest problem this team faces, but it can be defeated with the current crew.

Now, I think we've indentified our problems, to review:

- Subseeders that beat Celebi
    - MixMence
    - Stat-Uppers

And that's really it; I don't think MixApe is any problem. Gyarados is very easy to keep healthy. It would become a problem if I replaced Forretress though.

Speaking of Forretress, it sounds like everybody is yapping to replace it. Um, okay? Tentacruel looks good on paper, but it really does take a beating physical attackers, and Hippowdon cannot wall it all! I was thinking Cresselia...it would give me backup on MixApe, would toast MixMence, and would make a fool of our friend Vileplume. I lose much-needed resistances though...which is why I really don't want to replace it.

I'm going to make clear what I'm NOT replacing:

Hippowdon
    Snorlax
    Spiritomb
    Gyarados

The other two are up for grabs.

EDIT: BTW, this doesn't have problems with other stall teams really...

...and I've never actually used Tentacruel :0

Anyways, I was thinking o replacing Celebi AND Forretress for Cresselia and something to stop Weavile and stat-uppers...

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm not too worried about Mixape, Gyara is EVed in SDef and has more HP EVs than standard Bulky Gyarados.

As for Vileplume, you guys obviously don't get what I'm trying to say. Gyarados outstalls Vileplume (since it outstalls Venusaur...) Not to say Vileplume isn't a problem, because it is, but I just don't think it's as huge as you're acting like it is, because it really isn't. I know Gyarados can't hurt it, but it CAN stall it, much more than you'd think. Sleep Powder actually HELPS since I can PP stall you while I'm not using any attacks.

As for replacing Hippowdon for Tyranitar, my team would go from defensively strong to "run for your life! My only physical wall left is a utility pokemon!" kind of thing. Hippowdon isn't to set sandstorm (though it's VERY convenient), it's for a physical wall. Heracross would run me over with CB attacks if I can't outpredict it, and Tyranitar...gg. Stone Edge KOs everything without a rock resist.

As for MixMence ("As for" = win!), I've known that's been a problem for awhile now...Yeah, let's pick on the minor weaknesses instead of the major one! <--Yes, that was a joke. The awesome thing about MixMence is that it's very easy to wear out. The minute it sees Hippowdon (since that's usually my switch into Salamence), it thinks "DRACO METEOR" and Snorlax comes in, then Gyarados can come in and take Brick Break...it's pretty easy to outpredict. Again, I'm not saying it isn't a problem, since it's probably the biggest problem this team faces, but it can be defeated with the current crew.

Now, I think we've indentified our problems, to review:

- Subseeders that beat Celebi
    - MixMence
    - Stat-Uppers

And that's really it; I don't think MixApe is any problem. Gyarados is very easy to keep healthy. It would become a problem if I replaced Forretress though.

Speaking of Forretress, it sounds like everybody is yapping to replace it. Um, okay? Tentacruel looks good on paper, but it really does take a beating physical attackers, and Hippowdon cannot wall it all! I was thinking Cresselia...it would give me backup on MixApe, would toast MixMence, and would make a fool of our friend Vileplume. I lose much-needed resistances though...which is why I really don't want to replace it.

I'm going to make clear what I'm NOT replacing:

Hippowdon
    Snorlax
    Spiritomb
    Gyarados

The other two are up for grabs.

Cress is cool, It sets Reflect for you which can be nice and also provides some t-wave action to slow down threats. Thing is here its STUCK to sleep talking/Charge Beam/Ice Beam so the support moves go out the window due to SS. Also you probably dont want it on the same team as Celebi, thanks to common shared weaks namely pursuit so you loose your Cleric, Meh =[

Also Mixmence users can predict aswell, say you send in Hippow, and you know they will use DM, then go to Lax, say they expect that and use BB, . Or a double backward prediction, for example you keep in Hippow as you expect a BB as they used BB last time, however they use DM, your gonna get smoked. Its a fine line with such predictions, so just be careful.

Still WAY too many Resters for my liking, i think some Wish support may help. It will help along in the long run and against stat uppers, they will most likely come in when you are resting so it will help in that aspect.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Rest is never a problem :)

Yeah, I figured Celebi would go is Cresselia came in (especially considering my Weavile counter would be gone). I was thinking of a stat-up stopper steel...if there is one.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Rest is never a problem :)

Yeah, I figured Celebi would go is Cresselia came in (especially considering my Weavile counter would be gone). I was thinking of a stat-up stopper steel...if there is one.

My Goal - Destroy all Sweepers! [RMT - Stall]

Pretty much him lol ^^^

Or i think a suitable method is going through all the steel types that gets Roar / Whirlwind.

Steelix can get Roar can it not ?

Ive actually run a support heatran aswell...

Heatran@Leftovers / Shed Shell
    244 HP / 136 Sp.A / 128 Speed
    Modest Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar
    - Earth Power / Hidden power {Electric/Grass/Ice]

Whilst heatran is mainly a sweeper, one cannot forget about its great 108 base defenses.

Rest can go >> one of the utility moves, it also covers Celebis weaknesses and works great with Gyardos to cover heatrans weaks. Dont forget about its plethora of resistances aswell, 2nd most in the game ;)

Feel to play with nature and evs to make it more defensive. Bold, Calm are all options.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Remember though, Hippowdon can Roar just as well as Skarmory, and probably better. Would that be enough? The main problem is special attackers...0_o

I refuse to use Skarmory. you guys have said how useless Forretress has been to this team...that's pretty much what Skarmory has been every time I've used it this generation. Forretress is a better wall (a firm belief of mine), as is Hippowdon, easily.

Out of curiosity, will that mega-defensive Gyarados of mine be able to beat Weavile?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Remember though, Hippowdon can Roar just as well as Skarmory, and probably better. Would that be enough? The main problem is special attackers...0_o

I refuse to use Skarmory. you guys have said how useless Forretress has been to this team...that's pretty much what Skarmory has been every time I've used it this generation. Forretress is a better wall (a firm belief of mine), as is Hippowdon, easily.

Out of curiosity, will that mega-defensive Gyarados of mine be able to beat Weavile?

I should think so, its defensive enough.

You could but Roar on Hippow and add a steel and put SR on that.

Snorlax learns Whirlwind btw if sp.stat uppers are a problem Rest/Sleep Talk/Body Slam/Whirlwind blowing stuff away when your asleep is fun lol

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well, I saw Lax could Whirlwind, I just need something beyond Body Slam. I'll take my chances and see how it goes.

Cress/Registeel together flat out pwn, so I might use it. I want to avoid Curselax and CalmCune crushing me as well, and nothing says "Sup?" like a BOOM.

Jirachi also sound like a fun option. Wish support FTW, Weavile lol'd at, SR access, and it can almost wall like Bronzong (as you know :P)

Also, it's sad you8 retired from this monotonous metagame, though I really can't blame you...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, I saw Lax could Whirlwind, I just need something beyond Body Slam. I'll take my chances and see how it goes.

Cress/Registeel together flat out pwn, so I might use it. I want to avoid Curselax and CalmCune crushing me as well, and nothing says "Sup?" like a BOOM.

Jirachi also sound like a fun option. Wish support FTW, Weavile lol'd at, SR access, and it can almost wall like Bronzong (as you know :P)

Also, it's sad you8 retired from this monotonous metagame, though I really can't blame you...

Jirachi
    Gyarados
    Tenta
    Snorlax
    Hippow
    Celebi

Is it That currently? Id make Jirachi U-Turn/SR/ZenHeadbutt/Wish, alternately you can set up screens such as Reflect and Light Screen instead of SR <The latter may help as you said its sp.sweepers that cause probelms.

meh, yeah i would much rather play lower tier, uber matches or the randomness that Roulette grants. Ou is not as fun as it was once was for me.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Since when did I replace Spiritomb? lol

Cirrently it's:

Hippowdon
    Cresselia
    Snorlax
    Spiritomb
    Gyarados

I need one more slot, and it isn't Tentacruel. I can tell you that right now. Cress would carry Ice Beam/Psychic/Charge Beam/Reflect in all likelyhood.

Physical Jirachi...no. That simply will not happen ever, especially considering how much I've been egged about troubles with steel walls. Jir is probably going to be that last member though. I'm currently thinking Wish/HP Fire or Tbolt/Psychic/CM. It's a sweeper set, but I plan on bulky-tizing it up a bit. I also plan to put Pain Split on Tomb, as it will no longer have Cleric support to work with. I'll edit the first post.

Oh wait! On second thought. with a CM Jir, CM Tomb probably wouldn't be needed. I can compete with MissyD thanks to Jirachi, so yeah...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Since when did I replace Spiritomb? lol

Cirrently it's:

Hippowdon
    Cresselia
    Snorlax
    Spiritomb
    Gyarados

I need one more slot, and it isn't Tentacruel. I can tell you that right now. Cress would carry Ice Beam/Psychic/Charge Beam/Reflect in all likelyhood.

Physical Jirachi...no. That simply will not happen ever, especially considering how much I've been egged about troubles with steel walls. Jir is probably going to be that last member though. I'm currently thinking Wish/HP Fire or Tbolt/Psychic/CM. It's a sweeper set, but I plan on bulky-tizing it up a bit. I also plan to put Pain Split on Tomb, as it will no longer have Cleric support to work with. I'll edit the first post.

Oh wait! On second thought. with a CM Jir, CM Tomb probably wouldn't be needed. I can compete with MissyD thanks to Jirachi, so yeah...

For the Last slot a spinner me thinks, ?

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Are you still looking for something to help stop sp.sweepers and is steel type, as well as Roar? I was thinking...maybe Empoleon. Good sp.def, Roar, water/steel is a unique type, and some sp.atks of its own.

I might've missed the chance of opportunities for suggesting this, but meh..here it is.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I think our battle just proved you need a Phazer. Sweeps by Clefable suck. :D

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Now Loquacity gets to mock me...both Jir and Clefable had 6 CMs, and I start stalling with CM PP stalling, and BOOM! A ch! I forogt about that possibility! *sobs*

But yeah, CM Jir is the replacement...*more sobs*

EDIT: I do have a PHazer...you can't survive anything with 6 CM boosts though >:0

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Well, update your first post already. And the battle could of went either way: it all depended on who got that critical hit first.

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    If you listened to me and had an Encore Infernape, it would take no longer than 2 second to Close Combat that puff. =)

Just joshing! I don't support the idea of Clefable having CM that much, Encore is so much better on it. And Jirachi is truly a superior CM'er [in my eyes, at least].

Roar on Hippowdon is amazing, it doesn't need Ice Fang that much.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Hey, I'm just a poor sport (even though I'm joking!)

I don't know, I just find the idea of Infernape on a stall team hard to grasp :P Also my Jir is the CM variant: Thunderbolt/Psychic/Calm Mind/Wish.

But I realized that with Jirachi, CurseLax would pretty much run over my team if it was the last pokemon remaining (I guess...) so I'm all paranoid and yuck!

I think I'm going to go listen to some Soulja Boy and think this over...and that isn't a joke, I think better with a headache...not sure why. I'm a strange one :)

I'll probably study up on this tonight (if I'm not playing Super Paper Mario) and try and figure something out.

About updating the first post...it would pretty much blow up since changing the entire threat list would take more time than I have. I'll update the pokemon though.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I still find it funny how you don't have either a [set] phazer nor a sleep inducer on a stall team. Wasting a slot just to take out a threat which should me minor, which I keep repeating, yet feebly gets dismissed, isn't purty on any stall teams.

Back