• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Goal - Destroy all Sweepers! [RMT - Stall]

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well, D-E is in the works. Stillm I need help on that last slot more than anything. If I can get the right pokemon in there, this team should be solid. I was thinking Regirock - MixMence isn't a problem with boosted SDef, it can hammer Weavile, and it's an overall good pokemon.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Regirock also sorta makes Gyarados and Infernape tremble, barring the grass knot, but a quake back finishes the job.

Regirock@Leftovers
    Careful
    252HP/252sp.def/6atk

Stone Edge
    Earthquake
    Thunderwave/Toxic
    Ice Punch/T-Punch/Explosion

Last two moves are just there. Rest/Sleep Talk if you want much of survivability, or just go BOOM!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well, Regirock really doesn't fold to Weavile - even Brick Break does lol damage.

In case I didn't make things clear, the current lineup is:

Snorlax
    Spiritomb
    Hippowdon
    Gyarados
    Deoxys-E
    Regirock?

And if you think Gyarados counter Weavile...I'm pretty uncomfortable with that as my counter.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I would suggest Bold nature because Waterfalling Gyarados needs to be owned. Your best bet is a 2hko without investing sp.atk as it does...

Damage: 267 - 314
    Damage: 69.53% - 81.77% to Bulkdos....Expert Belt, if you were desperate enough...

Damage: 319 - 375
    Damage: 83.07% - 97.66% to Bulkdos. Mind the fact that this almost guarantees OHKOs on all quick Gyarados.

Deoxys-E@Leftovers
    Bold
    252HP/168sp.def/88def (this set would give you 304HP, 258def, and 257sp.def I believe, plenty to let you take something like a non-boosted waterfall.)

Psychic
    T-bolt
    Spikes
    Recover

I sorta BS'd that by going by max wild stats and making them look even. Hopefully it's a good suggestion. However, those stats only give you 396 max top speed without EVs, so you might wanna work off the EVs above if you wanna be quicker.

Deoxys@leftovers
    Modest Nature
    220 HP / 252 Sp.A / 36 Speed
    Same set

Try that ;)

flamehaze94

Jeste!
    Years
    I'm liking the notion of switching Snorlax < defensively oriented Porygon2. Well, you're trading the aspect of instant recovery with Trace with overall better defensive capabilities of Snorlax sporting Thick Fat. Personally, I find the trade-off for Porygon2 more worthwhile imo.

Every else looks all fine and dandy.

Edit: nvrmind...just read this

Anti-Pop said:
    I'm going to make clear what I'm NOT replacing:

Hippowdon
    Snorlax
    Spiritomb
    Gyarados

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    It isn't just narrow-mindedness, but more of my fear of not haveing a special wall. My safe switch into Heatran and other pokemon will be gone. There's also the random CMers that break Blissey, Porygon-2, and other stuff.

Quite frankly, I think change has hindered this team more than it has helped it. Despite a few problems, it never lost in the 15 or so battles I used it in while the other one just got clobbered.

Ack, once I get some free time I can figure it out...like the torurous field trip we're going to embarck on tomorrow. *Groan*

EDIT: not that I was implying you said I was being narrow-minded ;) I word my posts so badly...

Last edited:
    Years
    It isn't just narrow-mindedness, but more of my fear of not haveing a special wall. My safe switch into Heatran and other pokemon will be gone. There's also the random CMers that break Blissey, Porygon-2, and other stuff.

Quite frankly, I think change has hindered this team more than it has helped it. Despite a few problems, it never lost in the 15 or so battles I used it in while the other one just got clobbered.

Ack, once I get some free time I can figure it out...like the torurous field trip we're going to embarck on tomorrow. *Groan*

EDIT: not that I was implying you said I was being narrow-minded ;) I word my posts so badly...

I liked the original team (minus Forry) better than the current one. Snorlax should definitely not be replaced by Pory2. It is one of the sturdiest things the team has and regardless of how much of a decent counter P2 could be for a few things, it just doesn't have that huge special sponging ability that Snorlax does. One thing to consider, though, Anti, is that Trace is actually a better Heatran counter, by Tracing Flash Fire, it loses its STAB attack and has nothing to hit P2 for Super-Effective... This still doesn't mean I support the change...

Totally and Utterly Off-Topic: When is Chomp's ban trial over?

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    I believe May 15th Archie...something around there.

Anyway, it's going to be pretty much impossible to counter EVERY pokemon out there, even as simple as it looks. It's just...not possible. Counter what majorly gives you trouble (instant threats), then work your way down.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    You can counter everything. You just have to know how to make a team...and it is definitely a challenge.

I would...let this die. I'm making a few adjustments and I'll probably post a new thread.

Back