• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Myspace

Legacy

The Living Legend
Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Myspace should have more security, to ensure their real age or something. Myspace is /dangerous/. That's it. People can easily fall in love on the internet. I've experienced it.
    How can they possibly ensure people give their real ages? Other than requiring a birth certificate, passport, driving license etc, how can they prove that people are the age that they say they are?

If someone wants to trust strangers they meet through a social networking site then they need to not be dumb enough to realise that it is easy to lie on the internet and a lot of people do it.
    No, I've never had a Myspace. I said I've experienced love over the internet, believe it or not, yeah I know, I'm such a crab it's liek impossible for me to have a bf! lolololol!!!

It is not completely that person's fault. It is Myspace's, because that's how them two met, and it is the other person's, because they chose to live that kind of life. And besides, it is not easy to control who you love. :/
    How is it Myspace's fault? Myspace doesn't force you to join. Myspace doesn't force you to add people to your network. Myspace doesn't force you to talk to people. Myspace doesn't force you to go and meet somebody in person. It makes no difference if they met through that site.

That's like saying that if two people met on this site and one of them got raped that this site should be shut down because they met here. Or if a young girl on her own meets an older guy at the park, who ends up raping her, then the park should be destroyed because they met there.

If someone meets a person in real life that they met off a site like Myspace and it turns out that the other person was lying completely and is actually a dangerous sex offender then that person has nobody to blame but themselves. And that's the simple fact. Anyone blaming the site where they met are just as bad as the obese people that sue McDonald's for making them greedy lumps of fat. Nobody forced them to do anything, it was entirely their choice and more fool them for being so stupid, naive and gullible.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    I never got a Myspace, it was at first because of sex offenders but then I got over it and decided not to make one.

Sal Kar

B.F.S. [Big Friendly Slav]
    Years
  • legacy, pipe down, thats what ive been saying the whole time, your just summing up what ive said, so can it. (please.)

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    legacy, pipe down, thats what ive been saying the whole time, your just summing up what ive said, so can it. (please.)
    So just because you said something before me, I'm not entitled to offer my opinion? Because you basically just "summed up" what other people said, if that's the case. Only difference is I did it in one post with much, much better grammar.

So next time you decided to tell me to shut up, don't. Good day.

Sal Kar

Years
  • oh wow, i can't spell right, i can't spell right on a website ZOMG lets all shun him because he cant spell. face it, i told you to can it, so can it.

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Haha. As if I'm going to take orders from a whiny, self obsessed kid like you. Face it, I proved your point better than you did. Don't like it? Tough. I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are, I just don't get pissy when someone does it better than I do.

Sal Kar

Years
  • i didn't overreact >:| i was just eatin mah cookies and then this yellah fellah comes along and whacks meh cross mah face with some yellah wood.

Kimimaro

Beast of Bones
    Years
  • Can anyone say spam ten times fast? Zasz? Maybe even Legacy, whos bossing kids around like there dirt, wadda loser.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    I don't think these pedophiles will want to molest a 96 year old male with a private profile. I have my ways.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • wow, this thread sure is flamed.....
    Can anyone say spam ten times fast? Zasz? Maybe even Legacy, whos bossing kids around like there dirt, wadda loser.
    Congratulations on your first warning. You make eight posts community-wide and two of them are completely irrelevant to the thread topic, and you didn't even report the thread itself.

You shall receive a PM accordingly with your warning. Also, please check up on the Community Rules as well as the Other Chat rules to ensure you don't receive another warning in the future.
    same here................ -.-
    DO NOT bypass the character limit. It is clear that you, also, should check up on the PokéCommunity rules before posting again.
    No, I've never had a Myspace. I said I've experienced love over the internet, believe it or not, yeah I know, I'm such a crab it's liek impossible for me to have a bf! lolololol!!!

It is not completely that person's fault. It is Myspace's, because that's how them two met, and it is the other person's, because they chose to live that kind of life. And besides, it is not easy to control who you love. :/
    well, ill just agree with you, seeing as Kimimaro is right, xD you think your a crab, trust me, i dont have a life at all.....
    Zasz, Memory, there's nothing wrong with your posts, just calm down a little. ^^;
    legacy, pipe down, thats what ive been saying the whole time, your just summing up what ive said, so can it. (please.)
    oh wow, i can't spell right, i can't spell right on a website ZOMG lets all shun him because he cant spell. face it, i told you to can it, so can it.
    i didn't overreact >:| i was just eatin mah cookies and then this yellah fellah comes along and whacks meh cross mah face with some yellah wood.
    Dude, shut up, your just spamming this thread even more by posting your nonsense.
    I think it would be best if, in future, you didn't start flaming members, telling them to shut up, accusing others of spamming when you are, and then continuing an argument with another person with no relevance to the actual topic of the thread.

Legacy had no reason to pipe down in his first post. He was expressing his opinion and the whole point of this thread is so that people can give their pinions about Myspace. Obviously people are going to think the same as someone else, so someone expressing the same point of view as you is to be expected.

You will be receiving a warning for spamming and flaming.

So just because you said something before me, I'm not entitled to offer my opinion? Because you basically just "summed up" what other people said, if that's the case. Only difference is I did it in one post with much, much better grammar.

So next time you decided to tell me to shut up, don't. Good day.
    Haha. As if I'm going to take orders from a whiny, self obsessed kid like you. Face it, I proved your point better than you did. Don't like it? Tough. I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are, I just don't get pissy when someone does it better than I do.
    That wasn't needed, was it? I'm sure it would have been much easier for you to have just left the thread after he'd told you to pipe down and simply report it. Posting back and telling him to shut up is nothing but pure flame bait. As is your personal remarks about him being a "self obsessed kid". For that you will receive a warning in due course.
    I love how people overreact on this forums, it just makes me want to leave ^.^
    settle down guys... im not trying to make anyone mad x.x
    You're also quite new, but should know the rules by now. You've posted two SPAM posts so you will also receive a warning. If you had read the rules you would have realised that you should report posts that go against the rules instead of responding or commenting back to them.

Anymore flaming or spamming in this thread will result in its closure.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • Myspace is a useful site but it's not one to obsess over.

Nearly everyone has one so you can plan things and send notifications easily.

It's especially good for indie musicians (like me) so they can get their stuff heard. Nowhere around here would take a noise poetry visual arts act.

Sure, there's predators on Myspace, but I'm sure there's predators on PC too, and any other website you go on. Worrying about them and avoiding the internet isn't gonna make them go away. Just don't be stupid and meet up with some guy in a mall somewhere, you'll be fine.

Btw: My Myspace page
    My music Myspace.

That_oneguyxx

Brennan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    ((thanks for doing that drummerstuff))

and starfsih- I agree with you on all your points :]

also i enjoyed your music

Kimimaro

Beast of Bones
    Years
  • Well this thread practically screwed me. Myspace is too big to shut down, so lets all just agree its fine. I mean who doesn't have one.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • Well this thread practically screwed me. Myspace is too big to shut down, so lets all just agree its fine. I mean who doesn't have one.
    I don't? My mum doesn't? One of my cousins doesn't?

This thread is to discus Myspace, if you don't want to post, don't. It's simple, huh?

Kimimaro

Beast of Bones
    Years
  • Ok, well you have my sincere apologies Mr.Drummershuff, i can see i already have a warning so ill be laeving now, G'day mate.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    yes myspace is dangerous! There are sex offenders, password stealers, spammers.. Oh drat! people just be on the safe side there. Dont give ur passwords or ur contact details to anyone there. Not even ur friend..

Back