• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen name the shiny pokemon you have cought

Years
  • I caught a shiny blue Gulpin on... Route 110, I think. This was the only shiny Pokemon I ever caught in an advance generation game. I had the misfortune to run into a shiny Poochyena on Route 103, and was unable to catch it because I had not yet received my first five Poke Balls. I also ran into a shiny Xatu in the Safari Zone in Emerald, but it ran away before I could catch it.

BPM

No Pokédex entry found
    Years
  • The Shining Zigzagoon wasn't from any berry fix. It was only from a GameCube kiosk demo disc.

I did it 12 times so I'd have an army for both my Ruby and Sapphire... >_>;

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I only ever have seen/caught 1 or 2 Pokemon in the Advance Generation that were Shiny. Spinda and I swear I saw a Shiny something in the Battle Tower... Spinda was one of the few shinies I found before I actually completed the game, which in my opinion feels more worth it... so I usually just walk around and hope I find one because... I don't know maybe it was GSC that made me feel that way about shinies... They're fun to have around since they're so rare... Diamond and Pearl made up for my lack of shinies and the number of them I've lost. XD.

nguyende

Student
    Years
  • I've seen 4 shiny pokémon, but've only caught two of the four I've seen.
    Shiny Poochyena (now a Shiny Mightyena)
    Shiny Voltorb (missed)
    Shiny Zubat (missed)
    and a Shiny Rayquaza

darkvoider

Director of Voider BP
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2008
    2 Shinies

Shiny Zigzagoon Met at Route 102 *Sapphire*
    Shiny Kyogre met at Cave of Origin *Sapphire*

When D/P came out i had tons of shinies

noah73x

Noah
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    shiny Megickarp -> Gayredos
    shiny Oddish -> Gloom -> Wileplume
    Shiny Gloom [another one cought yesterday ^^] -> Blossom
    Shiny Zubat -> Golbat -> Crobat
    Shiny Eevee -> Umbreon
    Shiny Linoone
    shiny Cabuto -> Cabutos

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    On my FR I've encountered and caught
    name the shiny pokemon you have cought

and on Ruby a shiny Pochiena

I can't understand how I could encounter so many shinies on FR, even if I have more play time on Ruby.

Eevolution

Pokemon Collecter
    Years
  • i saw a jynx in silver about 5 years back but didnt get to catch it but i introduced my friend to pokemon half a year ago and hes caught a green golbat and a reddish linoone

Years
  • I saw a shiny Golbat in June/July 2005 when I was rushing through Victory Road with a Lv. 100 Charizard on Sapphire so I could transfer Jirachi from Channel, I walked away for 5 minutes and came back to find that green bat glaring at me. I did manage to catch it but I never touched it as I didn't know whether I wanted a Golbat or a Crobat. I decided to give cloning a try just a month ago and now I can have both. ^.^

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I got a shiny zubat (now crobat) but I didnt even see it shine. I was looking at something else and when I looked at my game, I was going to run but I realized that it was shiny. I also found a shiny rhyhorn (now rhyperior on Pearl) in the safari zone (the worst place to find one) and a sharpedo while training a breloom (although I was an idiot to attack it.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    I havent caught many shinies, but on gold I recieved a shiny eevee from bill... I took lots of care insuring it evolved into umbreon. On pearl I also got the riolu egg from riley and when it hatched riolu was yellow, another shiny. Now both are level 100 and fully evolved on pearl.

Heh, well that was lucky. Hunting down scyther on fire red in safari zone and a shiny chansey just popped up. Lemme try and catch it... I'll let you know how it went soon.

Last edited:
    Back