• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Never trusting a Ditto from the GTS again...

DeeJayFusion

My ROFLcopter goes Soi
Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    So I just got a level 100 Diagla, knowing Growl.

Growl

Growl

Growl.

FTW

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
    Years
  • I traded a lv4 Magikarp for a lv40-something Gyrados. It was caught with a masterball and holding one too.

I also lost my Riolu when the stupid place glitched up.

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
  • I haven't had any bad stories, but when people in D/P used to try to clone Pokemon in the GTS like a Dialga, I would put in a lvl 100 shiny Abra named Mr. Oreo, therefore trading a Dialga with a teleporting Abra. =P

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Reading these makes me scared of using the GTS now.....

The only thing that I think was hacked was a lvl 30 Shuckle, whose defense and special defense were over 150........

I'm tempted to get another cartridge just for trading stuff over the gts, because I don't want my Diamond (The one i'm trying to fill my pokedex on.) or my Platinum (The one I use for training competitive pokemons) to get messed up and or deleted.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I personally have never traded in the GTS because of this reason, and I prefer to trade over Wi-fi due to having access to look at the pokémon's stats and all. That way I can see if the pokémon is hacked or not.

Not only does the GTS have these hacked pokémon in which I don't trust, but they also ask for ridiculous offers too. For example, they'd want to trade a LV. 60 Dialga for a LV. 100 Dialga and I find that quite unbeliavable because if one had Pokémon Pearl and couldn't recieve a Dialga for many reasons, how would they be able to make the offer?
    This is some of the many reasons why I usually don't go there too much but on some occasions, rarely, I take my chances.

mic000899

Amateur Trainer
    Years
  • Huh... I've always wondered what faraway place means when i get my pokemon from the GTS. Great now my pokemon are hacked i guess. I have alot of pokemon that are from the faraway place... =/

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Huh... I've always wondered what faraway place means when i get my pokemon from the GTS. Great now my pokemon are hacked i guess. I have alot of pokemon that are from the faraway place... =/

No, it doesn't mean that necessarily. It just means it came from a location that doesn't exist in your game. So a Platinum Giratina caught in the Distortion World for example, would say it came from a faraway place in DP.

Years
  • I've never actually gotten a hacked pokemon in a trade, but I've seen quite a few....strange things. Such as seeing a Pokemon with a picture that doesn't match (edited species name = hack) and millions of "like that'll happen" trades such as offering a Bibarel for a Celebi.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Obviously, it was imported from Pal Park from moonspeak FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald, to moonspeak Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, and then traded over GTS to English DPPt

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    i actually got a manaphy for a squirtle.

i saw someone wanted a machoke for a voltorb i really needed but couldn't wait for the swarm, so i figured out she wanted a machamp. just to be an ass i gave the machoke an everstone.

Benzee

I got your number, on the wall
    Years
  • Just got a mad good trade.

Okay, so I want to start a new game on my FireRed version, so I migrate all the good Pokemon to my Platinum. That includes a level 77 Mewtwo with a crappy moveset. So, I put it up for a level 40+ Darkrai for lulz. Oddly enough, someone actually does the trade. I got a legit level 100 Darkrai with a Relaxed nature. Its moves are Dark Pulse, Dark Void, Dream Eater, and Nightmare. =D

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I've never actually gotten a hacked pokemon in a trade, but I've seen quite a few....strange things. 1) Such as seeing a Pokemon with a picture that doesn't match (edited species name = hack) and 2) millions of "like that'll happen" trades such as offering a Bibarel for a Celebi.

1. That's actually a glitch that sometimes occurs. Actually, there are two. One where it goes to a random species and one where it goes to the Pokemon it's suppose to be traded for. It's fixed when withdrawn. I don't know about if the trade was successful though.

2. They're probably just trying to clone it.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Also , I was looking through Rayquazas yesterday (I went to Rayquaza just for fun ; I already own one ) and found a Lv. 99 one that requested a Prinplup any Level .

I had one (HM Slave ) in my box and gave it right away for curiosity . It was met at Lv. 99 in Rt. 201 ...

craZ pokefan

BEST POKEMON FAN EVER!
    Years
  • in my diamond i traded a magmar lv 100 for a giratina lv 100 but it had no picture so when i got it i found it that
    it wuz only a magicarp with the nickname giratina i hate that ....... guy

Years
  • Hmm. You know, that's actually a rather interesting story- I got a japanese Pikachu and it said it's from Faraway place as well.

Back