• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: New (and currently unnamed) Hack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GARGLE!

Dopeymon Master
Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    I'm unsure of what telefang is. I have seen that Osie pokemon in diamond.

That's because Diamond was a hack of Telefang which was re-packaged and passed off as a Pok?mon game by some Chinese pirates. They didn't change much of anything in-game (all of the critters were 100% unchanged), just the title screen... and they did a very crappy translation, too.

OSIE!! How many other Telefang critters do you have?

Hmm.. ::checks:: Looks like about 68 of them, unless I miscounted. So far, there's also 3 all-new critters...

New (and currently unnamed) Hack!

...and one from the R/S series.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • Sweet 68, but about the Traded Evolutions, that will be useless, because you can't trade on ROMs with proper players (as far as I know), and even if you do Flash Cart them, you won't have someone else to trade with o__o

And about the name, what did you think of Diamond Reloaded?

I have some more too:
    Telefang Revolution
    Johto Telefied
    Diamond Revolution
    T-Power/Speed (the original Telefang games had Speed and Power versions) Reloaded

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • Meh, not as fun as the real thing. I played a real Telefang, just knowing what and what to do using walkthroughs, I was thouroughly dissapointed to see the fake Diamond and Jade come out, even as a copy, but with crap of a translation. But thats all IMO.

..now, lets let the Gargling dude get back to his work. ^_^;

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
  • I've never heard of Telefang but I played Diamond & thought it was an absolutely crap pass off as a Pokemon game with all the electric mosters world & getting the pokemons's phone numbers.

e-MeR

<html>LONG STORY</html>
    Years
  • Well Fake Diamond was cool though it had nothing to do with Pok?mon...
    Telefang???Just heard of it...That's why the monster art in Diamond were kinda too good for a priate version...

GARGLE!

Dopeymon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    And about the name, what did you think of Diamond Reloaded?

I have some more too:
    Telefang Revolution
    Johto Telefied
    Diamond Revolution
    T-Power/Speed (the original Telefang games had Speed and Power versions) Reloaded

Hmm.. I was actually thinking of going with something related to Diamond or Jade, though I'm a bit eh about using Diamond since that's going to be the name of a REAL game when D/P come out on the DS...
    Jade seems to fit, though, especially since the New UberLegendary Of The Game (replacing Lugia) is a big green guy, and Jade=Green.. hmm.

EDIT: Just added in the first of the unreleased Pok?mon, and...

...guess what comes out of the formerly near-useless Togepi egg now? Since this takes place in a far-south region, ice-types aren't very common... unless, of course, the eggs of their baby form are imported by some crazy guy who collects rare stuff. Heh...

Last edited:

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • Ice types yay! Now thats a lack of Pokemon well worth filling. Good one.

Pokemon Jade? Hm.... All the color/metal/element/stone names are pretty common, why not add something to the Jade ... like Jade Masters, or Jade Destiny?

GARGLE!

Dopeymon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013

Some random blank-Pok?dex screenshots.

Also, a random thing... the word "people" will no longer be used when talking about humans, unless no other species is mentioned in the same sentence.
    So you won't ever see "people and Pok?mon" (unless it's said by someone who's specifically meant to sound like a moron). Instead, you'll see "humans and Pok?mon", which (unlike the previous version) is not racist against Pok?mon.

Because, after all, the Pok?mon world is ALREADY much more advanced in their attitude toward other species than we are, so why should their way of talking about them be just like our way of talking about other species?

EDIT: Gah... somehow, I've managed to screw up the ROM and now it can't be played whatsoever. It gets some weird error (or crashes, depending on the emulator I use) as soon as I pick Continue (and as soon as the Prof. Oak part from New Game ends).

However, I can probably re-do most of the stuff, since all I've really changed is graphics (which don't seem to be damaged at all), attacks (which I don't THINK are messed up...) and stats (which hopefully aren't messed up, either).

Last edited:

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • Wow, the Danver and Naderoju's look cool, did you create them or did you get them from Jade? Because I don't remember seeing them on Diamond.

I can do some testings for you, I don't hack but I am good with playing too randomly so I know everything in the game. =] If you tell me the exact message or whatever it says on your machine, I can probably guess what's the problem with the rom as well.

GARGLE!

Dopeymon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    Wow, the Danver and Naderoju's look cool, did you create them or did you get them from Jade? Because I don't remember seeing them on Diamond.

Danver is from Telefang (essentially the same game as Diamond/Jade, but in Japanese and without the hacked-in Pok?mon title screen), though I'm not sure if it appeared in the Power version (which is what became Diamond) or the Speed one (Jade).
    I did the colors for it, though, because the page I got its picture from had a lot of them grayed-out (apparently that means the guy who did the page didn't actually run into one in-game). So they're probably pretty far off from what color it really is supposed to be...

Naderoju, on the other hand, is the middle-stage of the previously mentioned Dark/Ghost evolution line. It's 100% new.

I can do some testings for you, I don't hack but I am good with playing too randomly so I know everything in the game. =] If you tell me the exact message or whatever it says on your machine, I can probably guess what's the problem with the rom as well.

Well... here's a screenshot of exactly what happens the second you pick Continue (well, after the page showing your info pops up)..

So, do you know what makes that kind of an error? Heh...

GARGLE!

Dopeymon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    AGIXP probably...(Especialy when you edit the same graphic for 2 times.)

Yeah, I think that is how it happened... I know it didn't start doing that until I stuck Baikingrin's picture in over Slowbro, so that's probably it.

Just always keep a back up...

Yeah, I had one.. BUT, unfortunately, I thought it was safe to save over it since the new picture didn't come out garbled (like it did several other times when AGIXP ran into some problem)...

The good thing is, it probably won't be too hard to restart since the stats/moves/etc. should be undamaged and I still have the pictures stored as BMP's.

e-MeR

<html>LONG STORY</html>
    Years
  • Also just some advice if you gonna change a gfx for 2nd time with AGI just insert some first time gfx before it and then insert that one.This sometimes helps out.Also version 2.41 works better than 3.00 when it comes to poke graphics.
    Also these errors maybe caused cos of overwriting a filled memory part.Maybe searching rom for blank part with Hack-O-Matic and using them is better than using the default ones coming with AGIXP.

GARGLE!

Dopeymon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    Also version 2.41 works better than 3.00 when it comes to poke graphics.

Oh man.. I'm using 4.11. Is that good or bad? :confused:

Also these errors maybe caused cos of overwriting a filled memory part.Maybe searching rom for blank part with Hack-O-Matic and using them is better than using the default ones coming with AGIXP.

Actually, what I had done with a few of them (including Baikingrin/Slowbro) was finding a patch of 00's with Hexecute and putting it in there. But apparently the patch of 0's I'd picked for that last one wasn't quite big enough for what I was trying to put in...

Does Hack-O-Matic's blank-part-searcher specify how much stuff can fit in a space, or does it just tell where a big chunk of 00's are? I'm already using it for a load of other stuff (stats and types and breeding groups, etc.), so it'd be nice to find out YET ANOTHER use for that program which I hadn't found out about yet, heh...

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • O_O All I can say is yeah, your double imaging may have caused that. I'm not too much hackingish, but yeah.

Eh, HackOMatic shuold be able to do that, I believe you'll have to click around since I've never used that program.

e-MeR

<html>LONG STORY</html>
    Years
  • GARGLE! said:
    Oh man.. I'm using 4.11. Is that good or bad? :confused:

Actually, what I had done with a few of them (including Baikingrin/Slowbro) was finding a patch of 00's with Hexecute and putting it in there. But apparently the patch of 0's I'd picked for that last one wasn't quite big enough for what I was trying to put in...

Does Hack-O-Matic's blank-part-searcher specify how much stuff can fit in a space, or does it just tell where a big chunk of 00's are? I'm already using it for a load of other stuff (stats and types and breeding groups, etc.), so it'd be nice to find out YET ANOTHER use for that program which I hadn't found out about yet, heh...
    4.11:Not tested it yet..I dunno...I still use my old tools...
    Blank Part Searcher:Only teling where a big chunck of 00s are.
    Umm then take my first advice inserting into default sprites some other new monsters before overwriting the already inserted sprite to turn it into a new one.-That's what I did in Pok?mon Mafia while inserting Mewthree for the second time. XD

Last edited:

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
  • Eh.. *clueless* Well that's no good, because the best thing to do would be filling up very 00s in the lines right? Or thats at least how ended up in my first hack.

But careful, I did that, and for some reason, it never saved properly. You may have to keep space for save data, or thats at least how I think.

GARGLE!

Dopeymon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    Umm then take my first advice inserting into default sprites some other new monsters before overwriting the already inserted sprite to turn it into a new one.-That's what I did in Pok?mon Mafia while inserting Mewthree for the second time. XD

I think I get it now... so it glitches when you try to insert something into the same place twice in a row? And if you insert something else into a different place THEN go back to the one you've already done once, it won't?

OK, I'll have to remember that... especially once I restart with the Pok?mon graphics, since I'm over halfway done with the trainer sprites already.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back