• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New opening and new ending!

Hydross

wrOOOm
Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2010
    I found this on PokeAni.

These new songs will premiere on Octobor 2, along with the
    Spoiler:

Opening:
    For the first time in history, the opening is a duet! The name of it is "High Touch".
    Sung by Satoshi's VA: Rica Matsumoto and by Hikari's VA: Megumi Toyoguti.

Ending:
    Called "I'm Sure Tomorrow". Sung by some random person. (google can't translate the person's name.)

Soooo.. what do ya people think about this? :)

Years
  • How about simply this: it's about damned time. Together, let alone Together2007, was severely overused - we've put up with it for more than a year and a half! And Kaze no Message is... alright, but change is good.

Besides, Rika's back! A duet sounds interesting, too, given that I'm starting to get sick on the Hikari focus in the intros and endings. Now all it needs to be perfect is to be accompanied with awesome animation. (Jorah and Charaxes can guess what I mean by that. :x)

Finally, something new to look at. I love Together, but come on. The same theme is why I hate Western shows. Heh.

Yes, honey, we all know about your animation woes. Patpat. At least, the OPs and endings are well animated, for the most part.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    HOORAY! I've recently started to love Kaze no Message (not Pokapoka, I hate that) but hooray, anyway! Although, I wanted Rica Matsumoto to sing by herself...a duet opening should be interesting!!

Kanako is the person who sings the ending.

What I've been wondering is why Megumi Toyoguti did not sing Kimi no Soba de. But then I watched some of her sogs on YouTube and Kimi no Soba de doesn't seem her style...

Now all it needs to be perfect is to be accompanied with awesome animation. (Jorah and Charaxes can guess what I mean by that. :x)

It's the grass, right?

XD

Last edited:

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
    Years
  • My response, copied and pasted from the Bulbagarden thread. xD

OMG. OMG. OMG!

KYAHHHH NEW RICA MATSUMOTO SONG! *w* ::runs around::

Even though it's a duet, I don't mind! I'm just happy we get to hear Rica's voice in a song again! X3

I think Hikari's VA is a good singer, but I've only heard her character songs from FMA. Yeah I wonder why they didn't have Hikari's VA sing "By Your Side"...they should have a Hikari VA version.

Plus Rica's working on another duet, but not for Pokemon. :D

Years
  • Why, you… XD

Well personally, I think Together is the only intro that's actually stuck with poor animation. (The cloudsm and the radioactive grass and trees.)

I'd say Pokémon Symphonic Medley had the best animation, and Spurt! was alright even with the clouds (because they weren't shaded so horribly).

SO THIS INTRO BETTER STEP UP.

I thought you hated the clouds. Now, you hate the grass, too? Oh, I'm so disillusioned! Major EMO! mode! Oh, woe is me. Oh....

Alright, enough of that. Together had good visuals, but everyone was so... static -- no one hardly moved. Symphonic was the best animation of the AG ones, yes, until you listen to that cacophony of a song. Bah. I actually liked the BF one, as that was high-charged, both in song and animation.

Of the old ones, Master 2001 had the best animation for me, with Rivals as tie.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • What is this I read? A new song for DP? That's not Together by Akiyoshi Fumie!? I can't wait! Plus, it's Rica singing again, with another voice actor. Like "Farenheit 451" would say, double plus good. *shot for earlier rhyme**

Fumie was good but so is change... sometimes.

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    CD will be released 26th November https://www.pocketmonsters.net/cddvd.php?action=viewcd&cdid=172

No full version of Together2008, no release AT ALL of Kimi no Soba de (Winter version) and no BGM :( Although, Ash and Dawn versions of the song wil be cool

1 1 ハイタッチ!
    Japanese (Trans) : High Five!

1 2 あしたはきっと -1 -
    Japanese (Romanized) : Ashita wa Kitto
    Japanese (Trans) : Surely Tomorrow

1 3 ハイタッチ!(カラオケ・サトシとデュエットバージョン) -1 -
    Japanese (Trans) : High Five! (Karaoke - Duet with Satoshi Version)

1 4 ハイタッチ!(カラオケ・ヒカリとデュエットバージョン) -1 -
    Japanese (Trans) : High Five! (Karaoke - Duet with Hikari Version)

1 5 あしたはきっと (カラオケ) -1 -
    Japanese (Romanized) : Ashita wa Kitto (Karaoke)
    Japanese (Trans) : Surely Tomorrow (Karaoke)

1 6 Together2008 (TVサイズ) -1 -
    Japanese (Trans) : Together2008 (TV Version)

1 7 ハイタッチ!(インストバージョン) -1 -
    Japanese (Trans) : High Five! (Instrumental Version)

Bly DX

Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • All finally, a brand new opening and ending, no more Together or Kaze no Message OR their stupid remixes.:pirate:

It's about time, they gotta include Giratina plus Team Galactic.:sleeping:

I CAN'T WAIT!!!:shocked:

Dr. Ookido

オーキド博士
    Years
  • No full version of Together2008, no release AT ALL of Kimi no Soba de (Winter version) and no BGM :( Although, Ash and Dawn versions of the song will be cool
    Well Kimi no Soba de, even the winter version was a long time ago...

Yeah, I suppose Ash and Dawn versions will be kinda cool, but then again, that does mean four tracks of the same song, and that could go either way [could be good or bad]...

Well, the main thing is whether the opening and ending songs are good in the first place... they better not blow.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Together's a pretty decent song, but it's been around waaaay too long. I look forward to next week to see the new opening and ending, but I wouldn't have minded Kaze no Message staying around for another 10 episodes or so. Anyway, hope they're good.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I actually really don't like the combo of Together and Kaze no Message. They're both really happy. I mean, I like them (especially Kaze no Message) and it's not like the other openings are emoish or anything...but if you compare them to Spurt and Battle Frontier, they too "hooray" kind of thing. I'm hoping High Five won't be as happy jumpy as Together, but the name kinda says it will be.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Did you actually see Shinji-kun smiling? Erk, that gave me so much goosebumps. (Whenever I wanted to see this, I had to look away when that part came...) HE WAS SO SCARY!!!! I want Together back!

Why can't Sato-kun sing in the anime? It would sound so good... But then, I don't think he'll sing good...

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • I REALLY HATED IT!
    I mean, what's the point of having that epic Regigigas Vs. Darkrai scene if you gonna ruin it with girly music.
    Seriously, the series are becoming TOO GIRLY for me...

Dr. Ookido

オーキド博士
    Years
  • The opening was alright/so-so, not that great the first time I heard it.
    Haruki Hanai said:
    Eh? Really? In my opinion, Megumi Toyoguchi can't sing for peanuts. Her effort to sing was rather poor. At least when she's trying to sing with a Hikari voice.
    QFT, particularly at the end of her first part, when she sings "arigato." Well, it doesn't really sound like Hikari, it's a bit too...dunno how to describe it.
    Satoshi's voice is still lovely to hear though - Rika isn't bad at singing at all.
    I can't say I enjoyed Satoshi singing very much, especially when I heard the opening the first time. I like when Rica sings in her Rica voice, but singing as Satoshi just kinda sounds awkward.

The worst part was the "go go go!" at the ending.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I REALLY HATED IT!
    I mean, what's the point of having that epic Regigigas Vs. Darkrai scene if you gonna ruin it with girly music.
    Seriously, the series are becoming TOO GIRLY for me...

Thanks for the sexist comments and calling it "gay" in the other thread. Seriously. Up your describing skills.

1. This opening is not "girly" (why do you think so!?)
    2. Things aimed at girls aren't bad (which Pokemon isn't, anyway)

It isn't bad because it's "girly", it's bad because Hikari's singing wasn't good

Last edited:

Bly DX

Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • Wow........ok, I've just seen the opening on youtube and the song is worser than the others except for 'Together', which sucked really!
    :disappoin

The Animation sucked along with everything else, but the Team Galactic bit was intresting and the Regigigas vs Darkrai, which should have have been atleast Darkrai vs Crussailla.:(

And don't even get me started with Hunter J, ahhh, she's just like the interfearing Jessie, James, Meouth. (100% Fuller Characters=100% Fuller Rubbish):pirate:

Back