• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New pokémon game to be announced next month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

razzbat

dancer
Years
  • no it wasnt, it was announced in may 2008, 20 months after the release of dp in japan. and at the end of may it will be 8 months after the release of bw. not only this, the jump from dp to pt wasnt that big. with the console change from ds to 3ds, we'll expect a huge improvement meaning it will take alot more time to develop than past 3rd game. so yes, it is too early.

All of you saying it can't be a pokemon rpg are WRONG!
    Considering that every game comes out a Year before the USA/UK/Aus get them, so The japanese have had pokemon black and white for almost 2 years. Also,considering this game is in the early stages of development, it could take until about late 2011- 2012 until the japanese get it, meaning that by then, we'll have had pokemon black and white ( and maybe a stupid spin-off game to be announced LATER ) for about 1 1/2 - 2 years. So either a remake of R/S/E or a third version is Highly Likely. Either it's a third version, a remake of R/S/E, or the PBR for Black and White ( hopefully it has a story :) )
    actually, we are right. first off, it hasnt even been one year (where the hell do people get these retarded figures from?) since the release of bw in japan. so on the basis of previous third games, we can see that it is too early. plus with the transistion from ds to 3ds, it is expected to even take longer.
    secondly, iwata has stated that a pokemon wii game is in development which will be released this year so naturally, we expect to see an announcement soon so naturally we'd assume that this announcement will be for that game.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Well based on the pic, it looks like a mainstream game. Perhaps the third "grey"? Well I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    I can't help but agree to this. I'm glad that Masuda denied the claim that the third version won't be made. It looks like Gray will be made in a few months' time. But then again, Mystery Dungeon or Ranger could be a possibility.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Hey I just received that on my Facebook page. I wonder if it's a fake or not.
    https://img819.imageshack.us/i/newpoke.png/

It's probably fake, considering Zekrom & Reshiram to be swarm pokémon. And wtf a new pokémon? Anyone who can't see it for some reason, I listed it beneath.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    If they make a new game, better be on the 3DS as that would drawn it pepole to the console. For the actual game itself, I would like it to be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3 as I <3 the past two and the 3DS would enhance the experience of a dungeon crawler.

If it would be a home console game, make it like revolution with tournament battles, Shadow Pokemon, much improved wi-fi capability, the ability to play b/w on a TV and being able to use the Global Link via the game.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I can see Ranger on the 3DS. I thought Guardian Signs should have waited for Gen V to come out before it was released, so a Ranger game with Unova Pokemon and being compatible with Black and White seems possible.

I do remember that they said a Wii game was in the works so this could be it.

Fiendly

Never let go.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012

It'd HAVE to be this.. Otherwise it was a pretty darn good Photoshop in my opinion.

Just a Kyurem on a Reshiram cover.
    Good attempt by them though -_-

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • I doubt this is a spin off game. The image I saw depicted a battle and it look like the traditional pokemon games we normally play. I think it's a bit too soon for a 3rd game for GEN 5, but who knows?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • I hope it's a totally new game with a new region and a new Pokedex of old Pokemon. The starters are the Kanto starters and the Pokecenters are wooden. That's my dream game.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I highly doubt its R/S remakes, there's absolutely no reason for them anyway.

It'd be interesting for a PBR 2, but I guess it be for B/W. I'd buy it , all I really want is a tournament-style Pokemon game anyway, like Stadium.
    Um Yes RSE remakes are needed. Both the original DS and the DSLite are no longer sold in stores which means Pal Park is useless now to future gamers. If HGSS could get a remake which they didn't need due to all the Johto Pokemon being avalible already on FRLG,Emerald and Col and XD then RSE can get a remake.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Um Yes RSE remakes are needed. Both the original DS and the DSLite are no longer sold in stores which means Pal Park is useless now to future gamers. If HGSS could get a remake which they didn't need due to all the Johto Pokemon being avalible already on FRLG,Emerald and Col and XD then RSE can get a remake.

DS Lite are still sold in stores. Toys R Us gets regular shipments of DS lights when stores run low on product. The one I work at still has 8 of the Crimsons, 3 of the Blues, and 3 of the Pinks. We are getting a shipment of Pinks and more Crimsons with in the week. They are also bought more than the DSi and DSiXL at our store.

As for timing. B/W seems to be further along the time line. If they remake Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, they have to remake Red, Blue, and Green again to keep the Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald time line even with Red, Blue and Green as the events are even. I don't think that there is a need or purpose for them to remake the GBA Generations "YET" Maybe once the DS systems as a whole finally die out enough that just the DSi's are close to being shut down then they would be seen as needed.

Black and White were officially released September 18th, 2010 so no they have barely been out a whole year. Its too early for them to pick up their pencils and start on the Third as they are still scoping what the rest of the world thinks of the new games. A Year after the PAL release seems to be the best time to start expecting due to past examples of game releases.

So we are roughly a Year and a half away from even needing information on the third title.

As for the person that questioned where the time basis is coming from.

Japanese Titles:
    Red/Green/Blue Released: Feb. 27th, 1996.
    Yellow Released: Sep. 12th, 1998. (Two year period)

Gold/Silver Released: Nov. 21, 1999 (Year after Yellow) (Same system)
    Crystal Released: Dec. 14th, 2000 (Year after G/S) (Changed to Color System)

Now keep this in mind, the Gameboy color while it was a different system on its own WAS to the Gameboy Series as the DSi is to the DS. It was basically an edited version so the coding was exactly the same with only variation to the coding was the addition of Separated color pigments. Gold and Silver were in fact Capable of having individual color pigmentation so they were in theory unless someone can prove this for a fact made for the Gameboy Color. They were produced early so they were put into Gameboy cartridges but are also Gameboy Color games.

Ruby/Sapphire Released: Nov. 21st, 2002 (Two years after Crystal)
    Fire Red/Leaf Green Released: Jan. 29th, 2004 (Roughly a Year and a half) (First remake)
    Emerald Released: Sep. 16th, 2004 (half a year from FR/LG) (I believe this one was also announced before the Remakes and was worked on at the same time as the remakes)

Diamond/Pearl Released: Sep. 28th, 2006 (Two years after Emerald)
    Platinum Released: Sep. 13th, 2008 (Two years after Diamond and Pearl) (Same System with updated graphics)
    Heart Gold/Soul Silver Released: Sep. 12th, 2009 (Year after Platinum) (Same system and graphics as Platinum)

Black/White Released Sep. 18th, 2010

So roughly its 3 and a half years average between each main game. 3 years for the early years and 4 for the later years. Secondary games...Rough Average is 3 years. Early set being 2 years apart and those after that seem to be 4 years apart. If we follow this "Grey/Gray" wouldn't be released until 2012...near...September to December....(Off Topic: SO Pokemon is going to end the world XD....Sorry wanted to get that out of my system now XD) And for the Remakes if any are needed as the main reason for them was to re invite the first and Second Generation games back into the inner circle of the Pokemon games (Can be freely traded). Oh...The remakes had a five year gap so depending on what they put priority on. We may not get Ruby/Sapphire remakes until 2014...We'll go 2013 for advancement in technology XD.

Wii Game was already hinted in being developed. And Ranger series ARE compatible with the Main series. Manaphy Egg, Almina's Darkrai, Manaphy Egg and Force Palm Riolu. (Hasn't played Guardian Signs so I never looked up their transfer possibilities.)

An RPG for the Wii is possible as we have seen with Colosseum. I am praying for a cross between That and Stadium. Not another Pokemon Battle Revolution. They can even produce something completely irregular like say new Pokemon Trozei, New Snap, New Storage Box seeing as how little storage we get on Black and White.

3DS game wise...I see Rangers and Mystery Dungeon as a possibility, but I also see a new Pokemon Racing Game (Dash) to better test out the limit to the 3D feature. (I am talking about the screen's 3D feature not the company's attempt like they did with Skyarrow Bridge)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • It's probably fake, considering Zekrom & Reshiram to be swarm pokémon. And wtf a new pokémon? Anyone who can't see it for some reason, I listed it beneath.
    -pic snip-

This is likley fake. I mean its completly possiple for Kyruem to have a new form.
    But if you look at it its having some jap lettering, and english titlescreens and what not.

Years
  • Those of you saying it is too early for Gray are apparently not considering the big picture. Ever since Red and Blue, the Pokémon franchise has maintained a pattern in which all three versions of each generation were released on the same console. In this pattern, the third version usually releases about two years after the other two versions. Two years is a smart strategy; anything less and releasing the same core software for the same system under a different title wouldn't be as profitable. However, by the time Black and White are two years old, the DS will likely be an obsolete dust-collector in most households; therefore, they would have to release Gray for the 3DS, which will by then be the dominant Nintendo handheld. But wait: if Gray is being released for a whole new platform, why wait two years? Previously, it was the best business strategy to wait, though the tides have changed; Nintendo needs to sell their new system, and they know a main series Pokémon game for said system will amplify demand. We all know Nintendo isn't going to pass up a chance to milk their cash cow.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Those of you saying it is too early for Gray are apparently not considering the big picture. Ever since Red and Blue, the Pokémon franchise has maintained a pattern in which all three versions of each generation were released on the same console. In this pattern, the third version usually releases about two years after the other two versions. Two years is a smart strategy; anything less and releasing the same core software for the same system under a different title wouldn't be as profitable. However, by the time Black and White are two years old, the DS will likely be an obsolete dust-collector in most households; therefore, they would have to release Gray for the 3DS, which will by then be the dominant Nintendo handheld. But wait: if Gray is being released for a whole new platform, why wait two years? Previously, it was the best business strategy to wait, though the tides have changed; Nintendo needs to sell their new system, and they know a main series Pokémon game for said system will amplify demand. We all know Nintendo isn't going to pass up a chance to milk their cash cow.

I agree with this guy. ^

But also, I'm kind of hoping that it's another PMD game(s) if they are spin-offs. Those were always my favorite spin-offs considering everything and they've always had the greatest storylines ever in Pokémon games. I'm just wondering how a third set is going to bypass Explorers of Time and Darkness. ;-;

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • DS Lite are still sold in stores. Toys R Us gets regular shipments of DS lights when stores run low on product. The one I work at still has 8 of the Crimsons, 3 of the Blues, and 3 of the Pinks. We are getting a shipment of Pinks and more Crimsons with in the week. They are also bought more than the DSi and DSiXL at our store.
    Gamestop have already announced that the DSlite will be removed from all stores. That is a sign that the DSlite is being removed. You can't say that DSlites are being sold everyone just because one TRU still sells them. The TRU I go to only has DSi,DSiXL and 3DS. They stopped the original DS when the DSi came out and now due to the 3DS the DSlite will die out just like the original.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Those of you saying it is too early for Gray are apparently not considering the big picture. Ever since Red and Blue, the Pokémon franchise has maintained a pattern in which all three versions of each generation were released on the same console. In this pattern, the third version usually releases about two years after the other two versions. Two years is a smart strategy; anything less and releasing the same core software for the same system under a different title wouldn't be as profitable. However, by the time Black and White are two years old, the DS will likely be an obsolete dust-collector in most households; therefore, they would have to release Gray for the 3DS, which will by then be the dominant Nintendo handheld. But wait: if Gray is being released for a whole new platform, why wait two years? Previously, it was the best business strategy to wait, though the tides have changed; Nintendo needs to sell their new system, and they know a main series Pokémon game for said system will amplify demand. We all know Nintendo isn't going to pass up a chance to milk their cash cow.

You think they can pump out revised version of Black and White with less than a year to listen to feedback and develop new features and content for the game (whilst finishing off whatever elements were previously scrapped for time), let alone develop this game for a brand-new system (one that would involve almost a complete remake of all the graphical assets) that quick?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back