• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New pokémon game to be announced next month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • You think they can pump out revised version of Black and White with less than a year to listen to feedback and develop new features and content for the game (whilst finishing off whatever elements were previously scrapped for time), let alone develop this game for a brand-new system (one that would involve almost a complete remake of all the graphical assets) that quick?
    Why would they have to remake all the graphical assets...? They already have 95% of the game done, they'll just recycle the assets from Black and White just like Platinum recycled the assets from Diamond and Pearl--like Emerald recycled from Ruby and Sapphire. They'll probably just port Black/White to the 3DS and use the system's 3D capabilities to add depth to the game's existing graphics. Or maybe Black and White are DS ports of 3DS software! Game Freak was one of the first to get their hands on a 3DS dev kit, back when Black and White were in development (maybe before, I'm not sure). For all we know, they might have built the Black and White software using the 3DS kit with Gray in mind. Why else would they have wanted it so soon? You never know.

Regardless, my guess is that the game being announced is the next Wii battle game. Though I definitely wouldn't rule Gray out.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Do you realise the 3DS renders at a higher resolution than the DS, not to mention a massive boost in the horizontal aspect ratio?

this is a rough comparison of the resolution of the 3DS and DS's top screens:

The resolution boost is much greater than the boost from the GBA to the DS, and that prompted a complete graphical update of the games. Not to mention the 3DS can pull out far greater polygonal graphics than a DS can, and has about 24 times as much memory as the DS.

What you're suggesting is the laziest thing I've ever heard and even I don't believe Nintendo and Game Freak would stoop so low as to repackage a DS game. Hell, the Zelda remake gets enough ire for looking kinda sub-par in the face of what other companies are producing for the 3DS, and development of that one was outsourced (and still looks noticeably better than the N64 original).

(I'm also pretty sure that Game Freak wants to get to grips with the 3DS as soon as possible so they can come out with as polished a game as possible roughly 2 years into the lifespan of the 3DS, like DP was to the DS)

Last edited:

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • Noob

actually, we are right. first off, it hasnt even been one year (where the hell do people get these retarded figures from?) since the release of bw in japan. so on the basis of previous third games, we can see that it is too early. plus with the transistion from ds to 3ds, it is expected to even take longer.
    secondly, iwata has stated that a pokemon wii game is in development which will be released this year so naturally, we expect to see an announcement soon so naturally we'd assume that this announcement will be for that game.

Actually your wrong. >:( Iwata did say he had a pokemon game for wii in the works, BUT he also stated that he also had a game in the works for 3DS read the link :) https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Iwata_affirms_Pokémon_on_3DS also, it hasn't been a year for AMERICA but not for JAPAN for japan, it's been almost a year and a half. EAT THAT!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Gamestop have already announced that the DSlite will be removed from all stores. That is a sign that the DSlite is being removed. You can't say that DSlites are being sold everyone just because one TRU still sells them. The TRU I go to only has DSi,DSiXL and 3DS. They stopped the original DS when the DSi came out and now due to the 3DS the DSlite will die out just like the original.

None of the ones near me are doing that. They still sell the original DS's that they have. They just recently posted that they aren't accepting Gameboy Advance games anymore because that system was just announced that they weren't producing or covering them anymore.

"Nintendo said that "Nintendo DS Lite is still available at most retail locations. Consumers will be able to find Nintendo DS Lite without much trouble." The company did not reveal the system's immediate future beyond that it is currently still available at "most retail locations.""

Quote taken from: https://www.gamepro.com/article/news/219038/nintendo-on-ds-lite-discontinuing/

So Nintendo is still making them. Gamestop just doesn't want to sell them. No DS Lite aren't discontinued as of yet and may be a bit later when they do so.

Years
  • Do you realise the 3DS renders at a higher resolution than the DS, not to mention a massive boost in the horizontal aspect ratio?

this is a rough comparison of the resolution of the 3DS and DS's top screens:

The resolution boost is much greater than the boost from the GBA to the DS, and that prompted a complete graphical update of the games. Not to mention the 3DS can pull out far greater polygonal graphics than a DS can, and has about 24 times as much memory as the DS.

Instead of stretching the graphics to fit the new resolution (which I agree, that would be ugly), couldn't they just enlarge the viewing area? In other words, you'd be able to see Zoroark's feet and the tip of its ponytail in the 3DS version of that screenshot? I wouldn't know, I'm not a programmer.

What you're suggesting is the laziest thing I've ever heard and even I don't believe Nintendo and Game Freak would stoop so low as to repackage a DS game. Hell, the Zelda remake gets enough ire for looking kinda sub-par in the face of what other companies are producing for the 3DS, and development of that one was outsourced (and still looks noticeably better than the N64 original).

Sir, the Pokémon franchise is famous for being lazy. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and the Japanese Blue were all built with pre-existing software. However, the idea of Gray being for the 3DS sounds less lazy to me than any of the other third versions. Before, they were releasing basically the same game on the same console twice (thrice if you take into consideration that the first release was split into two versions). In this case, they would be releasing the same game onto two different consoles, which is the fate of most video games once you think about it. Take Madden '07 for example: it was released on PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Xbox 360, Windows, DS, Game Boy Advance, Wii, and Nintendo GameCube. It's not lazy, it's smart.

As for the graphics being under par, it wouldn't be the first time. Look at the generation 4 games. The halved frame rate along with the awkward pseudo-3D make it look worse than generation 3, in my opinion. And the aesthetics of the battle system didn't even change between the two generations!

(I'm also pretty sure that Game Freak wants to get to grips with the 3DS as soon as possible so they can come out with as polished a game as possible roughly 2 years into the lifespan of the 3DS, like DP was to the DS)
    I agree with this, though I still think Gray will come for the 3DS first unless the graphics don't transfer well to the heightened resolution as you suggested. As for the Ruby/Sapphire remakes everyone has been hyping, I don't see them coming out until after the third version of generation 6, if at all.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    also, it hasn't been a year for AMERICA but not for JAPAN for japan, it's been almost a year and a half. EAT THAT!

America: Released early March 2011. Been out almost 2 months.
    Japan: Released mid September 2010. Been out just over 7 months.

....How is 7 months a year and a half? O.o Before asking someone to eat something, make sure what you're serving isn't rotten.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • Actually your wrong. >:( Iwata did say he had a pokemon game for wii in the works, BUT he also stated that he also had a game in the works for 3DS read the link :) https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Iwata_affirms_Pokémon_on_3DS also, it hasn't been a year for AMERICA but not for JAPAN for japan, it's been almost a year and a half. EAT THAT!
    ..........not even senju kannon has enough hands for this facepalm.
    first off, do you know your months of the year? pokemon black and white came out in japan on september 19 2010. i bought it then. it is now april 28 2011. so it has been just over 7 months. and there are 12 months in a year which means, its been less than a year since bw has been released.
    next; no, i am not wrong. i said they weren't going to announce pokemon grey so early, not that they weren't going to release a 3ds game. releasing a 3ds game does not mean that they will release pokemon grey. it could be anything. so it still stands that your wrong about it being highly likely that grey will be announced next month.
    read what people say properly before shouting and calling them a noob.
    oh and yes i will eat it. and throw it up on your doorstep. good day sir.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
  • Change in plans people, it seems to be that the picture that was originally shown of "Pokemon Gray" is really Pokemon Colosseum (possibly) for the Nintendo 3DS! Could this really be possible? Well, it is. Now, I'm sorry for sort of copying here, but the game actually seems to feature the Agate's Village in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. The character shown also described the character in XD, and this could be a breakthrough. So it seems we got extremely opposite of what we hoped according to Kotaku, and instead there is a twist!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Those are not real, TheFuturePokemon. Some faker just took XD:GoD screenshots and imposed them on some 3DS pre-release pictures.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • ..........not even senju kannon has enough hands for this facepalm.
    first off, do you know your months of the year? pokemon black and white came out in japan on september 19 2010. i bought it then. it is now april 28 2011. so it has been just over 7 months. and there are 12 months in a year which means, its been less than a year since bw has been released.
    next; no, i am not wrong. i said they weren't going to announce pokemon grey so early, not that they weren't going to release a 3ds game. releasing a 3ds game does not mean that they will release pokemon grey. it could be anything. so it still stands that your wrong about it being highly likely that grey will be announced next month.
    read what people say properly before shouting and calling them a noob.
    oh and yes i will eat it. and throw it up on your doorstep. good day sir.

Wow........... I give up. Your completely right, sorry. :/

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I agree with this guy. ^

But also, I'm kind of hoping that it's another PMD game(s) if they are spin-offs. Those were always my favorite spin-offs considering everything and they've always had the greatest storylines ever in Pokémon games. I'm just wondering how a third set is going to bypass Explorers of Time and Darkness. ;-;
    I agree with this guy.
    I really hope it's a PMD game, as well. Those are the best Spinoffs. At least for me. With an awesome storyline for B/W, I bet they've got an even better one for PMD.

Years
  • Personally, I'm hoping for a new Pokemon Snap Game. I know there's only been one a long, long time ago for the Nintendo 64, but I think it could work really well with the 3DS. Using the camera to actually snap pictures, this time adding focus to the interface and point tallying. I mean, they have over 400 new Pokemon since the last one, I feel it's time they show them all in their natural habitat.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • I think it's too soon for the Gen III remakes. I'd much rather see another PMD game, with a better (and longer) storyline.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • Personally, I'm hoping for a new Pokemon Snap Game. I know there's only been one a long, long time ago for the Nintendo 64, but I think it could work really well with the 3DS. Using the camera to actually snap pictures, this time adding focus to the interface and point tallying. I mean, they have over 400 new Pokemon since the last one, I feel it's time they show them all in their natural habitat.
    holy, that would be awesome! i was always thinking about pokemon snap for the wii and how cool it will be to use the pointer to take photos but now that you mention it, it could work so well on the 3ds. :D
    though highly unlikely, it would be cool to have 2 pokemon snaps, one on wii and one 3ds and they could have half of all the pokemon on each of them.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • It's almost May 21st, and they canceled the date of it being revealed, sadly. It's now June 15th. Also, I think it'll be Pokémon Grey/Gray but I do hope for R/S remakes.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • I honestly hope that the new Pokemon game is a new Pokemon Stadium style game for the Wii, with generations IV and V supported. I also hope they don't screw it up this time. Pokemon Battle Revolution was the worst of the bunch.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    The wii one is probably the new Stadium game, with i hope is better than PBR :I

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back