• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

Years
    Central decisions about the early game may include:

1. Whether they opt to go with the 'cuter,' more straightforward direction of recent games when it comes to starters, or opt for something apparently less pronounced - like, as said, a dolphin - or indeed, more aggressive, as with the Charmander line and so on - less likely to be done correctly, as they have generally softened down the games so far as encouraging such things, substantially.
    2. Re-using previous types, or a completely new region. Without a follow-up to X/Y, there is a possibility of seeing some species from that return, in some manner; however, they might opt to go with a mostly new region, or reach even further back this time.
    3. Whether to continue with the archetypes of earlier games, as for instance the Taillow-Starly-etc. variants, or try to reconfigure the game a bit.
    4. How far the technological and dragon-esque design in legendaries goes after Magearna. Perhaps all of the new legendaries shall be technology? If so, perhaps science shall be the new discovery, as a form of evolution, and it shall be the real force behind Ash-Greninja form and so on. And maybe, whether or not all of the legendaries still look like D/P's, they shall initiate a plot where they are used to turn everything into technology and you must stop them before they alter all the Pikachu, Torchic, Chikorita, and so on.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    A new Digital Pokemon that was born from a Computer virus that eat/destroy/delete data ! Basically another pokemon like "Porygon" that will not be banned for Pikachu.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    A new Digital Pokemon that was born from a Computer virus that eat/destroy/delete data ! Basically another pokemon like "Porygon" that will not be banned for Pikachu.

That would be great, we need a few more man-made Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    That would be great, we need a few more man-made Pokémon.

We also need Pokemon who power level reach the creation trio !
    It feel like Sinnoh pokemon are stronger then all other Pokemon due to their Power scale and only only Hoopa unbound can match it .

Also , New Evolution of Hawlucha !
    It feels like Hawlucha can have better design as the first Fighting/flying pokemon after looking at some Bird Digimon-
    Spoiler:

I imagine , Hawlucha will become bigger and Bulkier like Wrestler ! It wing will often act like cape that hide its powerful arm . It also has fist attach to his wing.
    Its leg should also become more Bird-like. The Pokedex should mention his relationship with Blaziken as Training Buddy.
    I believe that Hawlucha need a extra pair of Arm to fight evenly in Sky ! It shown in Anime that Hawlucha can fight properly in Sky since he has to use his wing-arm to fly.
    Plus , I can get over my anger to Hawlucha if it gets a better evolution.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
    Well, we've got Magearna, so we'll definitely have SOME new Pokemon in this that have yet to be announced. Assuming this to be true, what sort of new Pokemon would you like to see? What do you think is most likely to appear?

I, for one, am expecting a lot of new Fairy types.

Yep, me too. Expecting some cute, new fairy types and some cool combinations of dark with other types, like dark fire, or dark water, or dark fighting, or even dark fairy. That would be cool, no??

Years
    Yep, me too. Expecting some cute, new fairy types and some cool combinations of dark with other types, like dark fire, or dark water, or dark fighting, or even dark fairy. That would be cool, no??

I think we'll definitely get a lot of new Fairy-types, especially with all the type combinations that we still have yet to get for the type. 6th Gen didn't have a lot due to being the type's debut but now that we have a new generation we need more expansion to the type, both movepool-wise and Pokemon-wise.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I am also betting there will be more fairy types, and I think it is possible that Popplio is one of them. I just hope they can make them more boyish. I mean I like what we have, but it would be nice for them to make some for boys. Most of the ones we have, you'd expect females to have them. Although I don't mind it much, I think it would just be nice.

I think I have said at an earlier point in the thread, but I kinda hope that the Psudeo Legendary line(s) are Fairy/Bug or at least Fairy. We got a Steel and Dark Psudeo when the types were released. (Tyranitar and Metagross)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I don't quite follow here...so do you want more manly-looking fairy-types? oO

I am saying that it would be nice to have some that doesn't look like a girl would be the only one to use them. They don't have to be totally boyish. Currently most of them are pink or flowery. It would be nice if they stepped away from them having to be pink. That was my mad for explaining it wrong. All I am trying to say, more purple, orange, red or blue fairy types would be nice.

A fairy type shouldn't have to look like a girl would love or like. It would be nice to have gender neutral ones. I guess it is really hard to explain.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I just hope they can make them more boyish.

Well, there is Granbull XD

I think I have said at an earlier point in the thread, but I kinda hope that the Psudeo Legendary line(s) are Fairy/Bug or at least Fairy. We got a Steel and Dark Psudeo when the types were released. (Tyranitar and Metagross)

I agree with you on this. The pseudo are generally dragons too so that will be cool.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I really fancy a tiki Pokemon. I mean it's Hawaii, and it can be Grass/Fire!

New Pokémon

I always thought that the best Grass/Fire mon would be something like a Jack-O-Lantern, but GF went with Ghost/Grass for that. Can't say no to tikis though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Kyogre is an orca and orcas are dolphins. We've had one since gen 3 yo. Jokes aside, another Shark Pokemon seems really likely to me as well.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Would love to see a hammer head shark.

What about fossils? I am really hoping for a Pteranodon and Parasaurolophus to a throwback for the Dinosaur Adventure 3D games. I am not sure when the game came out, but I think it would be a neat throwback for 90s kids who played the games.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    For fossils I looked up Paleontology in Hawaii and it's mostly fossils of marine animals and prehistoric birds.

I'm not really expecting dinosaurs again.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Would love to see a hammer head shark.

What about fossils? I am really hoping for a Pteranodon and Parasaurolophus to a throwback for the Dinosaur Adventure 3D games. I am not sure when the game came out, but I think it would be a neat throwback for 90s kids who played the games.

What if fossils were a megalodon,

and those super ancient giant komdo dragon/ lizard dinosaurs? Can't think of the name atm lol.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
    What if fossils were a megalodon,

and those super ancient giant komdo dragon/ lizard dinosaurs? Can't think of the name atm lol.
    I believe you are thinking of Megalania, the largest lizard ever, lived in Australia until about 12,000 years ago.
    Or are you thinking of Dimetrodon, which lived way before dinosaurs did, yet was an ancestor of mammals?.
    Anywho, there are many species of extinct species that are just begging to be Pokémon fossils.

Here are a few possibilities:

Kentrosaurus (African stegosaur)
    Diprotodon (giant wombat)
    Megatherium ( ground sloth)
    Dimetrodon (mammal-like Reptile)
    Megaloceros ( Irish Elk)
    Glyptodon (ancient armadillo)
    Sivatherium (okapi relative)
    Deinosuchus (super croc)
    Velociraptor (need I explain?)
    Mammoth (make it realistic)
    Smilodon (Sabertooth cat)