• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I believe you are thinking of Megalania, the largest lizard ever, lived in Australia until about 12,000 years ago.
    Or are you thinking of Dimetrodon, which lived way before dinosaurs did, yet was an ancestor of mammals?.
    Anywho, there are many species of extinct species that are just begging to be Pokémon fossils.

Here are a few possibilities:

Kentrosaurus (African stegosaur)
    Diprotodon (giant wombat)
    Megatherium ( ground sloth)
    Dimetrodon (mammal-like Reptile)
    Megaloceros ( Irish Elk)
    Glyptodon (ancient armadillo)
    Sivatherium (okapi relative)
    Deinosuchus (super croc)
    Velociraptor (need I explain?)
    Mammoth (make it realistic)
    Smilodon (Sabertooth cat)
    Carnotaurus (begging to be a Pokémon)
    Woolly rhinoceros (though unlikely)

Yes the Megalania was what I was thinking of!

And a sabertooth would be amazing! A highly requested mon as well.

shellysunfish

Hoenn and cat Pokemon fangirl
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2019
    Since Alola is based of Hawaii, I'm hoping for a dolphin, and a hammerhead shark Pokemon.

shellysunfish

Hoenn and cat Pokemon fangirl
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2019
    I really fancy a tiki Pokemon. I mean it's Hawaii, and it can be Grass/Fire!

New Pokémon

I always thought that the best Grass/Fire mon would be something like a Jack-O-Lantern, but GF went with Ghost/Grass for that. Can't say no to tikis though.
    If it looks as good as this fan art, I would be very interested in a tiki Pokemon.

Years
    My thoughts on the new pokemon shown in the latest Sun and Moon trailer:

The possible amalgamation of deer/dog/squirrel/rabbit reminds me of eevee. After all, eevee is an amalgamation of fox/cat/dog. I would like to see this pokemon follow suit with eevee except it gains a new form rather than evolution while holding onto a stone or depending on environment - therefore it would be more adaptable to its climate, following suit with the conservation theme. Also, the little black marks on the collar could be where the stones are placed, like pendants on a collar. But, this is a stretch...I would like to see some form of connection to eevee though if it is indeed a hybrid of animals.

...Or it is just a cute normal type dog and I am completely off base.
    Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I really fancy a tiki Pokemon. I mean it's Hawaii, and it can be Grass/Fire!

New Pokémon

I always thought that the best Grass/Fire mon would be something like a Jack-O-Lantern, but GF went with Ghost/Grass for that. Can't say no to tikis though.
    On a side note: I've always been incredibly annoyed that Pumpkaboo wasn't part Fire but whatever.

That design is awesome though - there's no reason they can say no to having a tiki-based Pokemon. It's the perfect region for it and it's now or never. Dolphin too. Give the people their dolphin, Alola.

Years
    I'm curious as to what kind of Ghost-type Pokemon they'll be adding for this region. I think a tiki Pokemon would be great, and it could possibly be some kind of Ghost-type.

Sirfetch’d

with double the amount of exeggcute heads!

Yes!

It does make a lot of sense though. Tropius and Exeggutor are so tropical so they would make excellent mega evolutions. I'd like to see a ton of new tropical tree Pokemon in general.

Back