• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
  • I actually would not mind another owl Pokémon, another horse Pokémon, another camel Pokémon, another sheep Pokémon and another cow Pokémon. Another thing I want is a Water/Ground Type Crocodile or Alligator Pokémon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I actually would not mind another owl Pokémon, another horse Pokémon, another camel Pokémon, another sheep Pokémon and another cow Pokémon. Another thing I want is a Water/Ground Type Crocodile or Alligator Pokémon.

There has been heavy speculation and analysis that we might be getting an owl for the new Grass-type starter. The other two have been rumoured to be a cat and a sea lion.

Years
  • It's a red panda, but it's not really a red panda.

Spinda is actually based on a species of panda called a Qinling panda, which is known for being a more brown-red colour. The Qinling was also what inspired Pancham and Pangoro's shiny colouration.

I would like to see a Pokemon based on the actual red panda though.

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • There has been heavy speculation and analysis that we might be getting an owl for the new Grass-type starter. The other two have been rumoured to be a cat and a sea lion.

Haven't we had enough Water Type sea-lion Pokémon? We'd probably get a Seel/Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein hybrid. Then again, we have had four Water Type frog Pokémon, Politoed and Froakie, Frogadier and Greninja and five Fire-Type fox Pokémon, Vulpix and Ninetales and Fennekin, Braxien and Delphox. So, it wouldn't be that much of a problem... Maybe they'll base it off of "Kurusu" (a prototype Pokémon, which can be seen below), like they did with Tirtouga.
    New Pokémon

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm sure they'll still do something different with it, like how they made all those frog/toad Pokemon different in some way.

Years
  • A dolphin would be rad, but I love sea lions so I'm biased in hoping that we get to have one as a starter. It would be actually so rad to see that prototype mon get revamped and put into S/M, I would by hype for that. I've always thought it was the cutest thing ;O;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Haven't we had enough Water Type sea-lion Pokémon? We'd probably get a Seel/Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein hybrid. Then again, we have had four Water Type frog Pokémon, Politoed and Froakie, Frogadier and Greninja and five Fire-Type fox Pokémon, Vulpix and Ninetales and Fennekin, Braxien and Delphox. So, it wouldn't be that much of a problem... Maybe they'll base it off of "Kurusu" (a prototype Pokémon, which can be seen below), like they did with Tirtouga.
    New Pokémon

Alternatively a water fox and fire frog would be amazing tbh. We have poison and water frogs... Why not one that can spit fire?? (based around a cane toad).

If it was called Magcane ( magma / cane) you'd get...

MAGCANE, you've done it again!

(Hikari will get the joke)

A water fox wouldn't be too far of a stretch though. A lot of water types in Pokémon are seen as majestic, so a water fox would fit right in.

Years
  • Yeah, it would be good if they introduced a dolphin pokemon. I dont remember if we ever had one.

We haven't had a dolphin Pokemon yet, and given the speculation regarding the new region it seems like we could have the perfect opportunity for one.

Anyways, thanks to Sideshow Bob for bringing up Kurusu again. I recall it was initially intended to be the Water-type starter for 2nd Gen, but was rejected and Totodile was created in its place. It could be interesting if we do get a Water starter that seems to be based off Kurusu.

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • Alternatively a water fox and fire frog would be amazing tbh. We have poison and water frogs... Why not one that can spit fire?? (based around a cane toad).

If it was called Magcane ( magma / cane) you'd get...

MAGCANE, you've done it again!

(Hikari will get the joke)

A water fox wouldn't be too far of a stretch though. A lot of water types in Pokémon are seen as majestic, so a water fox would fit right in.

Imagine walking through bloody cane paddocks to catch Pokémon. We'd have to watch out for Taison and Toxipan (taipan based Pokémon)...

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
  • We need another Elephant Pokémon... It's been six generations since we got one and I want another. I would also like if they would take interest in Australian wildlife for once... The only Pokémon that is even remotely based off of an Australian animal is Kangaskhan and that barely even looks like a kangaroo for Christ's sake!

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    A fire/electric or fairy /dark koala would be cute as long as it ha big ears.. that would be good for Australian animal..

I know I have been hating on those supposed starters, but that fire thing does suggest they might finally be going more cute monster-like rather than animal.. what would you think

Years
  • I know I have been hating on those supposed starters, but that fire thing does suggest they might finally be going more cute monster-like rather than animal.. what would you think

Except that there's the possibility those might not be the final designs for the starters.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    It would be funny if they were to use those for Sun & Moon.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And maybe add new Unown.

Spoiler:

Back