• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
  • I'm not overly fussed tbh, as long as their designs look good, I don't care what they're based off. With that saiad though, I know a dolphin Pokemon is in high demand, so I wouldn't mind seeing one of those, I also wouldn't mind seeing other Pokemon be based off animals that don't have Pokemon counterparts yet, but I have no idea on what those are other than a dolphin LOL. I'd like to see some more new type combinations though, and as afore mentioned, some more fairy types would be nice. I do want more cross gen evolutions though.

I get their options are limited in what they can do so like I said at the start of this post, I'm not that bothered what we get as long as they look like Pokemon to me.

Fun fact: When Gen 5 came out, I literally hated all the Pokemon designs, and kept saying that none of them looked like Pokemon, but as time went on I started loving the designs, but now Unova is the region where I like the most individual Pokemon designs - there are some really cool designs and typing in that region, so since then I always keep judging to a minimum, but right now, I'm not a fan of any of the S&M Pokemon we've seen. I like Popplio, Rowlet to an extent, and the bird we saw in the first reveal trailer, that's about it. Litten looks like a Yo-Kai, Solgaleo looks like an Entei meets Pyroar cross over, and Lunala looks like a Yveltal rip off where Zubat meets Noibat meets Bayonetta's Bat Within ability.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I really hope for past generation Pokémon to get third evolutions. I really liked what D/P did, and I would be happy to see it happen again :)
    Also, I had a dream that Lapras had an evolution/alternate form, that would be cool. Lapras prehistoric form *_*

Yes, Jynx is way overdue for a third evolution...

But Lapras is already useful, so give it a pre-evolution

PLEASE GAME FREAK, MAKE LAPREE HAPPEN!

Me? I would actually like more Pokémon based off of death, one or two with "necro" in their names...

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Heya guys. I am back with pokemon typings that I think or the number of each type I would like to see. I did this back in Kalos in which I got totally wrong because of the number of pokemon we got. This time, I think it is more reason able. I am going to list the amount of each typing I would love to see in the games. The max amount of pokemon I think we will see is about 120. Probably a little lower. The 120 does not count Possible Mega or new forms.

My typings can share a single pokemon, so there will probably be over 120 in the typings. But a lot could be considered the same pokemon. The numbers taking into consideration of the starters and legends that we know so far. So Rowlet, ect, will be counted in this.

These are mainly based on patterns, the region, and what I personally would like to see. This may be very wrong. But I think I am at least right with the water types :P Even though, 35 water pokemon might still be a bit high for 1 region. Megas and form changes could also be in this list.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2016
    I personally just hope we get some new fossil pokemon and hopefully they aren't to crappy like Tyrantrum..

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Hey guys. I have discovered something possibly interesting.

Solgaleo looks a LOT like Galeon from the original beyblade series. Not only that, but there names are almost exactly the same. However, Galeon was black and white while Solgaleo is white and yellow. Both in which are lions. They might have the same origins, but I currently cannot find the Origins of Galeon.

I am not sure this is coincidence. They might be pulling some inspiration for the Legendarys from the bit beasts of Beyblade. However, I currently do not know if there is a bit beast similar to Lunaala. It has been a very long time since I watched beyblade.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • When do you think will the list and information about all the Gen. 7 Pokémon (minus the "hidden" mythical ones) be revealed?

That never happens unless the entire dex is leaked by someone, which may not happen. If it does, it will probably be right before the games come out. Otherwise, we will not know every pokemon until after the games have been out for a bit.

BW Pokemon List was leaked by someone who was probably fired and Game Freak went into a frenzy and threatened to take down all fan sites if they didn't remove info, but it was too late.

Kalos Pokemon were leaked because Europe got the games and were selling them about a week early, which caused all pokemon to be leaked before the rest of the world even got the games. Game Freak threatened to sue people who put info up, but again.... it was already too late.

Last edited:
    Years
  • That never happens unless the entire dex is leaked by someone, which may not happen. If it does, it will probably be right before the games come out. Otherwise, we will not know every pokemon until after the games have been out for a bit.

BW Pokemon List was leaked by someone who was probably fired and Game Freak went into a frenzy and threatened to take down all fan sites if they didn't remove info, but it was too late.

Kalos Pokemon were leaked because Europe got the games and were selling them about a week early, which caused all pokemon to be leaked before the rest of the world even got the games. Game Freak threatened to sue people who put info up, but again.... it was already too late.

That's true. The only times the entire new Pokemon roster were revealed before game release were when leaks like this happened, and if it appears leaks are getting cracked down upon this time around it's very likely we won't find out the final new Pokemon roster for Alola until after the games are released and that would be welcoming news for those who want to go in blind because having the entire roster leaked ruined the surprise for them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    If I remember most of the Kalos stuff that got leaked was from a Canadian who got the game way early and was putting pictures on Instagram.

Years
  • If I remember most of the Kalos stuff that got leaked was from a Canadian who got the game way early and was putting pictures on Instagram.

I know that we had people leaking it, but I'm sure that guy got caught before he was able to leak the entire roster to the internet. When he got caught others started following his lead, that's why.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • I see... So waiting for a list this early is almost tantamount to waiting for leaks, eh?
    I would not put money on that. Remember XY, when some scumbags sold copies early? (Italy iirc) This led to ORAS being distributed more carefully (and the delayed EU release...) but this could happen again.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There are still a few different species that have yet to get Pokemon based of them. I'm hoping to see a Dolphin, Peacock, Koala Bear and Lemur for some new Pokemon!

Years
  • There are still a few different species that have yet to get Pokemon based of them. I'm hoping to see a Dolphin, Peacock, Koala Bear and Lemur for some new Pokemon!

I could imagine the concepts with animals like these in regards to Pokemon designs. A dolphin is something I'm hoping for since Alola is literally the Hawaii of Pokemon, and I'd like a peacock as well (especially after I saw a nicely designed Fakemon one for Solar Light & Lunar Dark) since I can see it being a Pokemon with notable gender differences, since females have a more dull colouration compared to the males.

And you know, I wouldn't mind another bird Pokemon with notable gender differences like Unfezant had.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Gimme a pegasus

This is what I am hoping for. I think it would best as a Legendary even though I would love Rapidash to turn into one. If they are getting inspiration from Beyblade, like they did with possibly Solgaleo, the main character has a bit beast called Galaxy Pegasus. I could see it being part Fairy easily.

I wouldn't be surprised if maybe the legendaries were based off Constellations as well. Especially with the Spaceyness of the pokemon.

Not to mention we have Leo. I am not sure if there is a bat

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • This is what I am hoping for. I think it would best as a Legendary even though I would love Rapidash to turn into one. If they are getting inspiration from Beyblade, like they did with possibly Solgaleo, the main character has a bit beast called Galaxy Pegasus. I could see it being part Fairy easily.

I wouldn't be surprised if maybe the legendaries were based off Constellations as well. Especially with the Spaceyness of the pokemon.

Not to mention we have Leo. I am not sure if there is a bat

I couldn't find anything about a bat constellation in Greeco-Roman thought, but I did find one in another culture's Zodiac.

"What was the Mayan Zodiac like?
    The Milky Way, as a Creator of all things and the path of the dead, divided the Zodiac belt (made up of 13 constellations) into two to not very exact halves. The constellation of the Bat, the most mystical for the Mayas, corresponded to Ophiuchus, also considered an esoteric sign in the Old World. This represented the entrance to the underworld, and for that reason, experienced astrologers always tried to hide its existence from the profane. The bat was located in the mouth of the Heavenly Reptile, which coincides with the center of our galaxy. According to the hieroglyphic texts, the bat watched over the dead in the caves of the ancestors. To the left of the bat are: the Wild Boar (Sagittarius), the Deer (Capricorn), the Monkey (Aquarius), the female Jaguar with twins (Pisces) and the Squirrel (Aries). All of theses are mammals and belong to the living part of man's universe. At the other side of the circle, to the right of the bat, are the constellations deemed "messengers" between the worlds. These are birds, reptiles and insects: the Frog (Scorpio), the Macaw (Libra), the Plumed Boa-Serpent (Virgo), the "Muan" (Leo), the Scorpion (Cancer), the Turtle (Gemini) and the Rattled Serpent (Taurus)." source: https://www.xcaretmagazine.com/xcaret-II/mayan-zodiac.php

You got to admit that the connection with the Bat Constellation with the dead could explain as to why Lunaala is part Ghost.

Speaking of Ophiuchus, perhaps Zygarde could also represent the symbol's Greek-roman view. it's a man holding a snake. Zygarde's strongest forms are of a snake and a person. Meanwhile Xerneas could double as the Mayan Capricorn.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I would like more pokemon that are different in look depending of the gender and also has different moveset kind of like Meowstic.
    Maybe we could get another bird like the Pidove line but with differences in moveset. Colorful Birds have some of the most obvious differences, as the males are more colorful than the females. Perhaps a full peacock.

Back