• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Tauros Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
Years
  • Serebii.net revealed alot new pokemon today. One that perticually caught my eye was buffuron. Its a sorta Buffao bull pokemon and looks a bit like tauros.its known as the headbutt bull pokemon which leads me to beleive its tauros evo. i, like many others, have wanted a tauros evo since forever and now i hope we finallly have 1!!!!

Years
  • Fortunately (for me), this is not Tauros's evolution. There won't be any evolutions or pre-evolutions for past Pokemon in B/W. Afro Bull is its own species. <33

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • People are forgetting, the "no evolutions" thing is just a rumor. It didn't come from Coro Coro.

Also, Pandemonium, your points prove nothing. The point of evolution is to change things. Not remain completely the same.

If this isn't a Tauros evolution (and Mamambou isn't a Luvdisc one) I will start to hate Gamefreak for letting them exist. Really, they must have been high to decide "Let's make Pokemon look like older ones, make people think they're evolutions, then scream LOLNO"

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • It had been confirmed ages ago that there would be no new evolution's of previous Pokemon in the Isshu region.

So Baffuron is NOT a Tauros evolution.

And Mamambou is NOT a Luvdisc evolution.

Years
  • People are forgetting, the "no evolutions" thing is just a rumor. It didn't come from Coro Coro.

Also, Pandemonium, your points prove nothing. The point of evolution is to change things. Not remain completely the same.

If this isn't a Tauros evolution (and Mamambou isn't a Luvdisc one) I will start to hate Gamefreak for letting them exist. Really, they must have been high to decide "Let's make Pokemon look like older ones, make people think they're evolutions, then scream LOLNO"

Lmao! The thing is, someone quoted the interview with Sugimori and the other Pokemon designers, where they said that they would recreate older Pokemon like the dog, Pikachu, and even the bull. They're trying to do something different with the Pokemon, and surprisingly, I love it. :>

But really, I think that if there WAS going to be pre-evolutions or evolutions of older Pokemon, then we would've seen one by now. Mamanbou doesn't seem likely to be Luvdisc's evolution to me anymore. It has two completely different abilities, as well. :0

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Lmao! The thing is, someone quoted the interview with Sugimori and the other Pokemon designers, where they said that they would recreate older Pokemon like the dog, Pikachu, and even the bull. They're trying to do something different with the Pokemon, and surprisingly, I love it. :>

But really, I think that if there WAS going to be pre-evolutions or evolutions of older Pokemon, then we would've seen one by now. Mamanbou doesn't seem likely to be Luvdisc's evolution to me anymore. It has two completely different abilities, as well. :0

I agree. If there were any, I think we would have seen/heard about at least one by now.

Years
  • Remember electrivire and gallade it's abilities were completely different.

Even togekiss, porygonZ, rhypherior, or even mamoswine didn't maintain all the characteristics of it's pre-evo.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    You guys do realize the "Ability" thing is not a valid point its not hard for them to change the ability of older Pokemon to a new ability... They can do it here too...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    To be honest it doesn't really resemble Tauros that much... Plus the new pokemon is a buffalo and Tauros is a taurus!

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
  • Mananabou is definately a Luvdisc Evo... they didn't mention Electivire or Gallade being evolutions when they were released, they just sort of... happened to evolve. However, I refuse to believe that Buffalon is Tauros's evolution. Namely because i'm still hoping for the Minotauros rumor to still be true... (if Farfetch'd got a leek/sword, Minotauros needs a battle axe.)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Mananabou is definately a Luvdisc Evo... they didn't mention Electivire or Gallade being evolutions when they were released, they just sort of... happened to evolve. However, I refuse to believe that Buffalon is Tauros's evolution. Namely because i'm still hoping for the Minotauros rumor to still be true... (if Farfetch'd got a leek/sword, Minotauros needs a battle axe.)

No it's is NOT why can't people accept it that their are no new evolutions of old Pokemon in this generation. Mamambou is not the evolution of Luvdisc.

Although they look alike sadly their not.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Wasn't it confirmed that there would be no new evolutions of old pokémon? Then again, I've never seen the source my self, so...

Anyone got a link for that?

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    No it's is NOT why can't people accept it that their are no new evolutions of old Pokemon in this generation. Mamambou is not the evolution of Luvdisc.

Although they look alike sadly their not.

How about a link to this imaginary interview in which Nintendo/GameFreak announced that there would be no evolutions of older Pokemon in the new games, I hear so many people shouting this as fact but no one is ever willing to post any proof that confirms it even took place.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I was checking Pokebeach a few minutes ago, and I found information that is supposedly from a reliable source here it is:

NOTE: THIS INFO WAS OBTAINED FROM POKEBEACH.COM
    Other Pokemon Information

• There are two fossils - a turtle and a bird.
    • There are a pair of Bug/Steel Pokemon (a spider and a bug with knight armor), a Grass/Steel Pokemon, and a Steel/Dark Pokemon (nicknamed "Power Ranger" because it resembles one).
    • Seven Poison Pokemon are new. Three of them are #543/#544/#545 (Bug/Poison), a mushroom and his evo (unknown numbers), and a pure Poison type and his evo (unknown numbers). The pure Poison-type is described as "interesting to say the least."
    • There is a Grass/Steel Pokemon that looks like a metal ball with green spikes. When it evolves tentacles come out.
    • A Grass/Poison mushroom Pokemon is also new.
    • Seven new Ice-types are in the game - the Dragon/Ice Legendary, a polar bear and its evolution (which is described as "cute and fierce"), a three-stage line, and a standalone Ice-type.
    • New types (of Pokemon that have not been revealed yet above) include Water/Ghost, Fire/Ghost, and Fighting/Dark.
    • There are no evolutions or pre-evolutions of existing Pokemon in this generation, meaning Mamanbou is not Luvdisc's evolution (tragic!). This is the first generation without any Pokemon ties to previous generations.
    • There are no split-evolution Pokemon (like Gloom into Vileplume and Bellossom).

BTW, THERE IS A SAMPLE OF THE REGIONAL POKEDEX (FROM RELIABLE SOURCE) AT POKEBEACH WITH SOME NEW POKEMONS! SO CHECK IT OUT!

ALSO, I AM DISSAPOINTED WITH THE STATEMENT THAT SAYS THAT THERE WON'T NEW EVOLUTIONS OR PRE-EVOLUTIONS OF POKEMONS FROM PREVIOUS GENERATIONS. :(

Bolded and highlighted in yellow. The Orange text was revealed in newest Coro Coro.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back