• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New type?

Do you think there should be new Poke types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    Then by that logic what's the point of fighting types which also beat Dark types into shape?

I do like the idea of Light type. It's probably one of the very few viable options. Actually I think most everything is covered so if they did add one, I think Light would fit in well.

yeah, the new light type did cross my mind. it would be a dark type counter type but dark would counter light. it seems logical that way.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    This is my opinion about the whole new "type" thing.

Fist off, you don't not make a Dark type without a Light, thats completely rediculous. Plus, theres plenty of pokemon that could fit in the "Light" category.:

Espeon (seein how umbreon is dark, but they could always make a new eveelution)
    Ho-oh
    Arceus
    Chansey
    Blissey
    Mew (Psychic and Light)
    Togepi
    Togetic
    Togekiss
    Celebi (Mabye)
    Ralts
    Kirlia
    Gardevoir
    Gallade (Mabye)
    Swablu
    Altaria
    Jirachi

then there's that whole Wind type thing.
    Now, I'm not say'n that Wind would be bad, but Flying kinda makes up for that, but then there are alot things that make Wind different than Flying.
    So I say, whatever, if they put it in, then they put it in. Doesn't matter to me.

But the biggest problem I see is just Light, that "needs" to be a type.

Years
    This is my opinion about the whole new "type" thing.

Fist off, you don't not make a Dark type without a Light, thats completely rediculous. Plus, there plenty of pokemon that could fit in the "Light" category.:

Espeon (seein how umbreon is dark, but they could always make a new eveelution)
    Ho-oh
    Arceus
    Chansey
    Blissey
    Mew (Psychic and Light)
    Togepi
    Togetic
    Togekiss
    Celebi (Mabye)
    Ralts
    Kirlia
    Gardevoir
    Gallade (Mabye)
    Swablu
    Altaria
    Jirachi

then there's that whole Wind type thing.
    Now, I'm not say'n that Wind would be bad, but Flying kinda makes up for that, but then there are alot things that make Wind different than Flying.
    So I say, whatever, if they put it in, then they put it in. Doesn't matter to me.

But the biggest problem I see is just Light, that "needs" to be a type.

i was thinking that some electric types can fit a light type, like ampharos electric/light, groudon ground/light seeing that it can control the sun.

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
    See, I always thought there should be a Chaos type. Kinda like dark, but a little different. The pokemon that could fufill the Chaos type could be Mightyena, Absol, Ninetails, and so on. Another good type would be the Sound type, with Exploud and Kricitune and stuff...

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Theres a thought.

See, I always thought there should be a Chaos type. Kinda like dark, but a little different. The pokemon that could fufill the Chaos type could be Mightyena, Absol, Ninetails, and so on. Another good type would be the Sound type, with Exploud and Kricitune and stuff...

Chaos I like, and have thought of aswell. Sound.. I like that one, alot of attacks would be changed to it, Supersonic, Sonicboom, (technically all the thunder moves as thunder is NOT electricity but the sound therein caused by, lol) Sing of course. Alot of the confusing attacks would be under the sound type. Should then addin a new status effect "Dazed" Kinda like Paralyze and Confuse put together, might hit might hit self, may fall over on their butt. lol

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
    Chaos I like, and have thought of aswell. Sound.. I like that one, alot of attacks would be changed to it, Supersonic, Sonicboom, (technically all the thunder moves as thunder is NOT electricity but the sound therein caused by, lol) Sing of course. Alot of the confusing attacks would be under the sound type. Should then addin a new status effect "Dazed" Kinda like Paralyze and Confuse put together, might hit might hit self, may fall over on their butt. lol

Whoops, just remembered... Soundproof; the abilitie that puts the sound-type to the grave... ah well, mabye it'll be gone n the 5th gen...

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Nah,

Whoops, just remembered... Soundproof; the abilitie that puts the sound-type to the grave... ah well, mabye it'll be gone n the 5th gen...

Wouldn't be gone, but tweeked yes, either change the name to Soundguard, or make it be a confuse proof deal, or increase there in. Sound type would need to be sound proof though, like ghost to normal, the only type thats immune to itself. Because most of those pokemon are deaf anyways, and just can't hear.

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
    Yeah, Soundproof would most likey be tweaked. But I like the idea of Sound being immune to itself. I also liked the "falling on their butt" thing. Pretty funny, actually...

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Light type..

Ok, I was pondering this Light type which seems to be a pretty popular one.. and thinking.. ok yeah shoulda had it in GSC, but... maybe they fell upon the same issue I am now... I can't think up a decent type setting. Like ok, Dark it would be weak to, and strong against. IE Dark attacks would do X2 dmg, and light would likewise do X2 dmg to Dark. Thusly they are equalled out. But from there... yeah can't think of anything else. I mean fire and electric would need to be in the set somewhere, as they would effect light...

But Steel, Fighting so on, idunno. Throw me a line on ideas.

So far its looking like Light, Space, Virtual and Chaos are going up into the next poll so far.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    No new types. It really is fine. Maybe one would be aight, but NOT light type. It's just a copy of dark but opposite. If there's a new type how about something creative.

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    No new types. It really is fine. Maybe one would be aight, but NOT light type. It's just a copy of dark but opposite. If there's a new type how about something creative.

Sound is pretty creative, as is Virtual. Didja check the first couple pages of the thread?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Non-Elemental. One that isn't weak against any one Type, but also doesn't do extra damage against other Pokemon. That's where attacks like Hyper Beam would fit into (instead of Normal Type, which is still weak to some other types).

The words 'Non-Elemental', always strike fear into the hearts of opponents.

Im not a noob

Read my name, BECAUSE I'M NOT!
    Years
    New types I see should be added:

Shadow (I find it really annoying that Shadow type pokémon are only available in XD Gale of Darkness, so I say, let's bring em into a new game and make them available)
    Light
    Wood
    Iron
    Animal (I'm not kidding here)

And I had some ideas for Eeveelutions on another thread but I was directed here :P

So, here we go :D

Drageon (Dragon)
    Steeleon (Steel)
    Pesteon (Bug)
    Eartheon (Ground)
    Soreon (Flying(soring through the sky :D))
    Toxeon (Poison)
    Illuseon (Ghost)
    Boldeon (Rock)
    Fighteon (Fighting)
    Shadeon (Shadow)
    Shineon (Light)

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2007
    New types I see should be added:
    Iron
    Animal (I'm not kidding here)

um...iron? steel = treated iron.
    That's like saying we need a "stone" type when rock is already present.

Animal? Umm... that = normal.

No new types are needed. However i think a merge between rock and ground into an "earth" type would work well. Since 80% of rock types are ground as well. Though it's definately not needed.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, I would love to see a Light type Pokémon! X3 If there's a Dark type, there has to be a Light type.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Space type? Eh?

Wouldn't they have to change Palkia's type then? Goo type? Something like a poison type?

There really aren't any more elements to add, unless you think time and space are, but those aren't elements anyways. If you change the past, the future will be affected, so I don't see why they had to add in 'pokemon of time'.

But that's just me.

Years
    Light! It makes me seriously mad that dark has been around for three generations, but light hasn't. I mean, without light, how can there be dark?

Also, I would like a type for inanimate object-like pokemon, and man-made pokemon. I would say a 'fake' type, but that sounds kinda... stupid. xD Normal makes no sense for Porygon.

BIRD. xDD

Space would be another decent choice. With all these space-related pokemon, it would work. Deoxys and Jirachi are aliens, Cresselia and Darkrai have something to do with the moon, and then there's Palkia.

If there was space, there would have to be time as well. Pokemon like Ninetales, Celebi, etc. I would assume.

That's all I can think of.

Last edited:
    Back