• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New type?

Do you think there should be new Poke types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    they should change Flying to Wind type because Flying sounds too Bird-like. If they made it a Wind instead, then you could see more pokémon with Flying abilities w/out being birds or dragons!

Probably the only other logical option, and this would be a stretch anyway, would be to add a Light type. It would be good against Dark but Weak against Psychic, like the Fighting type. But Light could also be good against Ghost. It would be really cool if its attacks were super effective against Darks but if Dark attacks were super effective against Light.

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
    hmmm...i think there should be a light type too but iif they do make new types they need to put in more pc boxes :) im runnin out of space lol

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
    Well I figure if anything, light would be the exact oppisite of dark. what dark is weak to Light is rsistant to and vice versa. but i believe Vizforte dosen't believe this thread needs to exist anymore, so let us not post here anymore, eh?

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Na, I got no problem with this thread continuing, open forum for ideas is all cool with me. The intent behind the thread was to make another thread with the top type ideas into a Poll. Of which I did. Im happy people still have an want to say if they think there should or shouldnt be new types. ^^

Heck my last comment on the new poll, which is just for the voting. People been putting in their ideas if there should be a new type or not. Which belongs here, and not there. ^^

Sadly I think I underestimated you all, on how many people I guessed were going to get into this thread. lol

Last edited:

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    I think I brought this up somewhere else, but we could use a Feral or Beast type (clearly, I'm undecided between the two names). I think it would be cool to have a lot of mammal Pokemon in it and maybe some reptiles and birds, namely Staraptor, Spearow, and Fearow, because they would qualify as untame or savage Pokemon.

Here's how I figure the match-ups could be.

Defense Attributes
    Immunity: Ghost
    Resistance: Fighting, Fire, Water, Ice, and Psychic
    Weakness: Dragon

Offense Attributes
    Super-effective: Ghost, Fighting, Ice
    Not-very-effective: Rock and Steel

I know that may be a weird way to list them, but it should be easy to figure out.

Back