• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
Years
  • Do you have Proof of this? I haven't seen an update anywhere confirming their dual typing yet.

As for the Wind deal, Flying already kinda covers that. I believe Flying(Bird) Type was originally the Pokemon version's "WIND". Most wind based attacks are flying type with exceptions to Icy Wind, Silver Wind, Ominous Wind, and Whirlwind.

The typing for Zekrom was leaked weeks ago in a blog and they were announced as dragons to begin with not to mention just looking at Reshiram's design makes it obvious it is Fire/Dragon (i.e. torch tail, flaming head etc.)

I'm not gonna deny what their types are in hopes of something different only to get disappointed

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    i just don't see those as types, those are like sub-elements. glass=sand (ground type), crystal and diamond=rock and steel (since dialga, the diamond pokemon is steel tye).

we need something completly different, but i cant think at the moment.

You could do this for a lot of types. For example, sand is really just crushed rocks, so ground type could be considered a subtype of rock. Ice is just frozen water. All natural fire comes from lightning (electric-type), and otherwise only dragons breathe fire. Just because the types can come from other elements doesn't mean they should be considered identical to those elements.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    I dont think they should put Light type in... For some reason it sounds to similar to Psychic.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    You could do this for a lot of types. For example, sand is really just crushed rocks, so ground type could be considered a subtype of rock. Ice is just frozen water. All natural fire comes from lightning (electric-type), and otherwise only dragons breathe fire. Just because the types can come from other elements doesn't mean they should be considered identical to those elements.

but imo the types you mentioned work very different.

you can melt ice with fire, but you cant melt water with fire (or anything)

electric and fire are 2 different things, nuff said. and dragons aren't fire, they supposedly breathe it.

now ground and rock type, i have nothin on that.

and glass, diamand and crystal are just pointless additions to stone types that we already have (ground, steel, rock). i dont see how they would be different.

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • but imo the types you mentioned work very different.

you can melt ice with fire, but you cant melt water with fire (or anything)

electric and fire are 2 different things, nuff said. and dragons aren't fire, they supposedly breathe it.

now ground and rock type, i have nothin on that.

and glass, diamand and crystal are just pointless additions to stone types that we already have (ground, steel, rock). i dont see how they would be different.
    Ice is as much water as glass is ground or rock, if not more.

:l

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
  • Guys, come on. Just look at Reshiram! Light type - check.
    And besides Light types, we could see Computer-like types along the lines of Porygon and computer viruses, etc.
    Anyone with me on that?
    Besides, glass is just sand heated up a lot, I think, so we really would'nt need it.
    Light types can actually balance out dark and poison types, but glass...?
    Really? Can we please think better? What would it be weak to? What would it balance?
    That's what you need to think about before creating these new types.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    ha, computer type

weaknesses-bug (acts as virus), fighting, water, ice (freezes it)
    resistances-psychic
    no effect-electric
    super effective to- psychic
    resisted by-ghost, electric

just wanted to do that for fun

Years
  • Though it's worth a mention that the idea for a Glass/Crystal type did exist prior to BleuVII's ideas.

So while they could be done that way there are other options too, but the most likely is still a Sp. Def oriented type, as a parallel to Steel.

Yes, you'll notice that I credit Cyberglass and Kingler5 in my post as planting the idea in my head. I'd love to hear your ideas for what it would be strong/weak to.

Long quote, so I put it in Spoiler tags
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I think "Carbon Type" wouldn't necessarily be a good name for it. I mean, almost all organic things are carbon-based... humans, animals (and by extension, pokemon), grass, fruit, etc. It's a bit too broad. But I will admit that "Glass" has a frail connotation to it. I would be up for re-naming it, but I want the essence of glass and/or crystal glass to remain, since it actually IS really strong. The only reason we perceive glass as weak is because we use it in such thin sheets.

Besides, glass is just sand heated up a lot, I think, so we really would'nt need it. Light types can actually balance out dark and poison types, but glass...? Really? Can we please think better? What would it be weak to? What would it balance? That's what you need to think about before creating these new types.

Um... check my post. I've got a pretty extensive description of what it would be weak to and strong against, with explanations. So, I turn the tables and say to you, if you're going to criticize an idea, at least read what people said first. Oh wait... I forgot that I'm on the internet. People don't do that here.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Guys, come on. Just look at Reshiram! Light type - check.
    No. White =! Light Type.

And besides Light types, we could see Computer-like types along the lines of Porygon and computer viruses, etc.
    Anyone with me on that?
    Yes, a Virus type that would include like 2 Pokémon is much more useful than a Glass Type, you are a genius!

Besides, glass is just sand heated up a lot, I think, so we really would'nt need it.
    Ice is just Water cooled down a lot.
    Rock is Ground.
    Psychic isn't real.
    Dragons are just a type of animal.
    Bug is just a type of animal.
    Steel is made out of Ground.

Durhur logic is durhur.

Light types can actually balance out dark and poison types, but glass...?
    Really? Can we please think better? What would it be weak to? What would it balance?
    I believe it's been stated that it would be Special Defense centered. It would be more-so a parallel to Steel than a balance to anything.

That's what you need to think about before creating these new types.
    I think you need to try this -thinking- thing yourself, and realize that there is absolutely no basis for a Light Type beyond "DURHUR IT WOULD BE C00L LOL."

I honestly can't believe there's someone out there who sees the logic in one stupid type but starts an argument about another.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    the only new type there should be is ??? for arceus, spiritomb and sableye.

since tomb and eye have no weaknesses with their dark/ghost combination, they should make them ??? type. and ??? would power up all move types as if they are the same type as the user.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • No need for new types, nor has a good idea been suggested regarding a new type.
    There is no necessary idea.

the only new type there should be is ??? for arceus, spiritomb and sableye.

since tomb and eye have no weaknesses with their dark/ghost combination, they should make them ??? type. and ??? would power up all move types as if they are the same type as the user.
    ...Why?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2021
    we cant have glass type because of the way the japanese pronounce their l's they would think it's grass type instead and get confused

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    2nd gen introduced those types to balance out the system, because psychic was over powered from what i heard.

and most people agree that the system is good enough already balance

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Are you serious?

Spoiler:

i know WTF? :laugh:

and this thread should be changed to "new type combinations?" because i guarentee no new types

like this fugly fakemon in my avator should be water/fighting type

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back