• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
  • So I made this to annoy people:
    New Types?

Types of Sound Pokémon that could be created, I think:
    Drums
    Aircraft (Sound/Steel or Sound/Flying)
    Water Ripples (Sound/Water)
    Sonar (Underwater creatures or bats)
    Horns
    EVP (Ghost/Sound)

Just off the top of my head.

As well as:
    Jigglypuff [Sound]
    Whismur, Loudred, Exploud [Sound]
    Chatot [Sound-Flying]
    Pidgeot [Sound-Flying] ? It spreads its beautiful wings wide to frighten its enemies. It can fly at Mach 2 speed. ?
    Kricketune[Bug-Sound]
    Chimeco [Psychic-Sound]
    Politoad [Water-Sound]

Last edited:

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
  • Not to mention Sound can cause nausea, induce dizziness, weaken the structural integrity of solid objects, and is actually used as a form of torture.

3/4 things that you mentioned would be status affecting/inflicting, and its not sound itself that can be fatal, it is the frequency of the vibrations creating resonance with your organs. kind of related to sound, but a little iffy to me

Years
  • Well, I mean, honestly... when's the last time that grass was fatal?

Ravecat, I would exclude Pigeot and Politoed from the list, but would add in Wigglytuff, Kricketot, and Chingling.

And I like your type chart. ^___^ Now if you can just add Glass in there. Sammuthegreat and I are collaborating on making a bunch of glass-type fakemon.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
  • Well, I mean, honestly... when's the last time that grass was fatal?

Ravecat, I would exclude Pigeot and Politoed from the list, but would add in Wigglytuff, Kricketot, and Chingling.

And I like your type chart. ^___^ Now if you can just add Glass in there. Sammuthegreat and I are collaborating on making a bunch of glass-type fakemon.

howbout trees falling on people? and rosebushes hurt like a mofo, then there are ppl who have alergic reactions that kill them to plants XD. then there are venus fly traps that kill bugs

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • 3/4 things that you mentioned would be status affecting/inflicting, and its not sound itself that can be fatal, it is the frequency of the vibrations creating resonance with your organs. kind of related to sound, but a little iffy to me
    The frequency, vibrations, and resonance, all of which are sound, and thus are caused by sound, meaning sound was responsible.

It's like saying fire doesn't actually cause death, burns do.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    The problem with Sound type is that Soundproof also blocks some other typed noise moves: bug buzz, Grasswhistle, Metal Sound and Time Roar.

Sure, you could say Retype them, or change soundproof to an immunity to trhe sound type instead... eh, I don't know.

Sound to me seems like it can fit into other types in some way or another.

That's what my types sort of are, to an extent, if not a bit vague.

Magic is a a physical manifestation of that which cannot be explained as well as the arcana. Unlike Psychic powers, magic is not in the mind, and requires matter and incantation. This is partly why it's weak to psychic as well.

Acid is sort of the trump of poison: it is weak to it and poison is immune to acid. Interestingly, Acid Burn status would be the opposite of regular burn in that it reduces SpAtk. If only it were real. It also trumps steel, being immune to it and super effective against it.

It's also not just chemical acids, but citruses and other stinging medical effects.

Light is a mix of holy and photon... why can't it be, exactly?

Time is temporal effects, chronos and timebombs. If its related to numerical time passage, it might be time. Time is weak to normal and does less damage to it because Normals use a Punch Clock and don't really need to understand time to think they've beaten it.

Air or Wind, (either works) beats fire! It is super effective and immune to it. Storms and clouds are wind, but not all air moves change from flying to wind. Heck, some odd moves change that are neither type.

Wood is a defensive type mostly and resists a lot of common types. Its biggest weaknesses would be ghost, steel, poison and fire, but look at the resists: ground, rock, fight, electric, water, grass, normal... Hot dam!

This is, of course a basic outline... I actually have it all in spreadsheety goodness... that's another story for another thread, not here!

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    The problem with Sound type is that Soundproof also blocks some other typed noise moves: bug buzz, Grasswhistle, Metal Sound and Time Roar.

Sure, you could say Retype them, or change soundproof to an immunity to trhe sound type instead... eh, I don't know.

Sound to me seems like it can fit into other types in some way or another.

That's what my types sort of are, to an extent, if not a bit vague.

Magic is a a physical manifestation of that which cannot be explained as well as the arcana. Unlike Psychic powers, magic is not in the mind, and requires matter and incantation. This is partly why it's weak to psychic as well.

Acid is sort of the trump of poison: it is weak to it and poison is immune to acid. Interestingly, Acid Burn status would be the opposite of regular burn in that it reduces SpAtk. If only it were real. It also trumps steel, being immune to it and super effective against it.

It's also not just chemical acids, but citruses and other stinging medical effects.

Light is a mix of holy and photon... why can't it be, exactly?

Time is temporal effects, chronos and timebombs. If its related to numerical time passage, it might be time. Time is weak to normal and does less damage to it because Normals use a Punch Clock and don't really need to understand time to think they've beaten it.

Air or Wind, (either works) beats fire! It is super effective and immune to it. Storms and clouds are wind, but not all air moves change from flying to wind. Heck, some odd moves change that are neither type.

Wood is a defensive type mostly and resists a lot of common types. Its biggest weaknesses would be ghost, steel, poison and fire, but look at the resists: ground, rock, fight, electric, water, grass, normal... Hot dam!

This is, of course a basic outline... I actually have it all in spreadsheety goodness... that's another story for another thread, not here!

wood type? are you serious, thats just grass type (which should be plant type).

and we need necessary types. like one that can kill dragon and is weak to bug type.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    Let's take a comparative look and see if they're the same here:

Grass
    Attacking
    2x damage: Water, Ground, Rock, Magic, Time
    1/2 damage: Grass, Poison, Flying, Bug, Fire, Steel, Dragon
    0x damage: N/A

Defending
    2x damage: Flying, Poison, Fire, Bug, Ice
    1/2 damage: Grass, Water, Ground, Magic, Wood, Acid, Gravity
    0x damage: Light

Wood
    Attacking
    2x damage: Water, Ground, Electric, Fight
    1/2 damage: Fire, Poison, Steel, Wood, Grass
    0x damage: Bug

Defending
    2x damage: Steel, Poison, Fire, Ghost, Acid
    1/2 damage: Normal, Fight, Water, Electric, Ground, Rock, Psychic
    0x damage: Wind

So.... what can we see?

A big difference actually. Under this chart, Grass is one of 5 types without any types immune to it. The other 4 are water, ice, bug and magic.

As for dragon weakness: Light and magic slay dragons nicely, though the new type weak to bug is time. Since bug would be a type with nothing immune to it, it shines as a more valuable type than it used to be so 4 SE hit are sufficient.

In the end, no type except normal has any less than 3 SE types to exploit. Normal has two: Magic and Time.

All in all, not perfect balance, but viable to a degree.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    normal is supposed to be the nuetral type. nothing is weak against it...but it still has fighting weakness and ghost immunity. and rock and steel are resisted.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    howbout trees falling on people? and rosebushes hurt like a mofo, then there are ppl who have alergic reactions that kill them to plants XD. then there are venus fly traps that kill bugs

Dude what the f-

Allergic reactions=poison type, hence numerous grass types are paired with poison.

"Trees falling on people?" that actually made me lol'd for a bit.

Also, dilasc, some of the types you mentioned are already covered by another.

Wood= Grass
    Acid= Poison (There's actually a Poison type move called Acid)
    Air=Flying (Whirlwind, Gust, etc)

Time: that was already discredited in this thread before since there are only two pokemon related to time.
    Light: well, it's argument seems less likely with every day that passes.

Last edited:

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • An Economy type. It's weak to the Barack Obama type.

On the serious side, how a Virus/Digital type, a Nuclear type, and Pure type?

~Prof. W.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    An Economy type. It's weak to the Barack Obama type.

On the serious side, how a Virus/Digital type, a Nuclear type, and Pure type?

~Prof. W.

virus/ nuclear = poison and digital => porygon => normal

and pure is basucally the light type suggested

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • I should think they maybe throw in a Light type, but seriously how about revising the types we already have. Does anyone want to explain to me why something that is Poisonous is weak to Psychic?

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I should think they maybe throw in a Light type, but seriously how about revising the types we already have. Does anyone want to explain to me why something that is Poisonous is weak to Psychic?

i think they did that just to give psychic something to be se against really.

but yes revision is needed. poison should be super effective to be bug and flying as well as grass me thinks

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    Only 2 related to time? Let's do some counting?

Most Ancient and fossil pokemon seem fairly timely. Ancient Power.... nah, couldn't be!

So let's see... Tangrowth being an ancientish being could be Grass/Time.

Vulpix and Ninetails use Time curses: Fire/Time.

Celebi: Drop a type and slap on time!

Witness as Slaking loafs as a normal/time (waster) type.

As for Wood, not all wood types need to be made of wood, they could be woodland and wood could be a slap on type to help Pokemon in need of a nice edge:

To make it less inferior to Heracross, slap a wood type on Pinsir! It's a bug that resists water and electric. Spiffy.

As for Air: Jigglypuff line doesn't work with flying. But being Puffballs of Air, that works.

Air/Flying could be Swablu, and Possibly Air/Dragon for Altaria to scrap that 4x ice weak.

Air types don't even need flight. In fact Air is weak to ground its antithesis element but in turn its also super effective against ground.

Balance in this case takes the forefront. All you need to do is be creative... radical think process I know.

poison should be super effective to be bug and flying as well as grass me thinks

Of all types, why? Being SE vs bug back in RBY never helped. You already had fire and flying to trump both. Adding flying and Ice is a better option anyway. Or just get fire/ice and ignore Poison altogether. Between those two, the only type your Poison is better against is water.

Last edited:

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

Most Ancient and fossil pokemon seem fairly timely. Ancient Power.... nah, couldn't be!

As for Wood, not all wood types need to be made of wood, they could be woodland and wood could be a slap on type to help Pokemon in need of a nice edge:

To make it less inferior to Heracross, slap a wood type on it! It's a bug that resists water and electric. Spiffy.

As for Air: Jigglypuff line doesn't work with flying. But being Puffballs of Air, that works.

Air/Flying could be Swablu, and Possibly Air/Dragon for Altaria to scrap that 4x ice weak.

Air types don't even need flight. In fact Air is weak to ground its antithesis element but in turn its also super effective against ground.

Balance in this case takes the forefront. All you need to do is be creative... radical think process I know.

Of all types, why? Being SE vs bug back in RBY never helped. You already had fire and flying to trump both. Adding flying and Ice is a better option anyway. Or just get fire/ice and ignore Poison altogether. Between those two, the only type your Poison is better against is water.

first off being ancient doesnt mean youve anything to do with time. and secondly i dunno i thought bug because its logical and flying was just random it was either flying or dragon :/

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022

To make it less inferior to Heracross, slap a wood type on it! It's a bug that resists water and electric. Spiffy.

ooookkaaaayyyy. Your "Time" pokemon are not even related to time at all. Except for Celebi which is the one of the two I was referring to; Dialga being the other. Honestly man you forgot about the master of time when you're trying to defend your time type....lmao

Slaking as a time type is just extremely ridiculous. The fossils don't belong as time types simply because the ancient attribute you're giving them is reflected on their rock typing...or did you forget that every single fossil pokemon is part rock? Vulpix and Ninetales aren't related to time in any way. What you are referring to is that legend that if you touch one of its tails blah blah you are cursed. That's a ridiculous excuse of a time type.

If you're going to argue that, you might as well throw Houndoom in there because its burn afflict the victim forever. Either way it's still absurd to even suggest that. Tangrowth looks ancientish ahahaha dude I actually lol'd xD

Heracross being the wood type? Wait what? I already mentioned that a wood type isn't needed so I won't argue that. Either way...Heracross being retyped for wood is plain silly. Also, also...woodlands = forest, therefore you know what I'm getting at. Grass types reside in woodlands, along with bug types and poison types. There are other types but you know what I mean.

And adding Air as a type is just redundant. There's really no need or point to that.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    ooookkaaaayyyy. Your "Time" pokemon are not even related to time at all. Except for Celebi which is the one of the two I was referring to; Dialga being the other. Honestly man you forgot about the master of time when you're trying to defend your time type....lmao

Slaking as a time type is just extremely ridiculous. The fossils don't belong as time types simply because the ancient attribute you're giving them is reflected on their rock typing...or did you forget that every single fossil pokemon is part rock? Vulpix and Ninetales aren't related to time in any way. What you are referring to is that legend that if you touch one of its tails blah blah you are cursed. That's a ridiculous excuse of a time type.

If you're going to argue that, you might as well throw Houndoom in there because its burn afflict the victim forever. Either way it's still absurd to even suggest that. Tangrowth looks ancientish ahahaha dude I actually lol'd xD

Heracross being the wood type? Wait what? I already mentioned that a wood type isn't needed so I won't argue that. Either way...Heracross being retyped for wood is plain silly. Also, also...woodlands = forest, therefore you know what I'm getting at. Grass types reside in woodlands, along with bug types and poison types. There are other types but you know what I mean.

And adding Air as a type is just redundant. There's really no need or point to that.

exactly. being ancient has nothing to do with time and neither does being lazy (slaking) or anything else. celebi and dialga are the only pokemon who could be anywhere near classified as time pokemon and i dont think theyre gonna make a new type for 2 pokemon are they?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back