• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Videos!

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
Years
  • okay as soon as i heard the music in the Room with Belle and Cheren
    i thought Goldenrod? o-o (the Original not the Remake) but i know they're different =P
    i can just hear alittle bit of Goldenrod in it =D

i like the Rival Music is not Terrible =P
    poor poor Tsutaaja T~T all the more reason for me to Pick it and turn it into a Killing Machine!! >=D
    heehee Belle's Sprite animation is really Cute ;P

and i just LOOVE Cheren and his Skinny Jeans xDD

Years
  • The way that the protagonist and the rivals get their Pokemon is unique. I wished that the second video showed more actual battling.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    For some reason my excitement for these games is slightly dying off... this is not good, I need to see new Pokemon!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I didn't really have any problems with things shown in either of the two videos, but I usually focus more on the whole rather than nitpicking...

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • Didn't have any problems watching the videos.

Anyways, loving how the sprites aren't static anymore, and battle scene is pretty surprising, not bad at all. I was expecting it differently, glad I was wrong. The music is pretty descent, simple but yet, creative. Not really liking the 3D view of the city, will need to get use to it. I'm pretty excited about B/W after watching these two videos.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • Like some said, the camera really is not that good looking when you walk in the city >_>
    And the four directions thing was mentioned too, and I agree it's a shame but yeah...Else I don't know, maybe I'll not buy it afterall xD
    I was expecting better from the battle animations, and same goes for the gameplay out of battle. I don't really care about the music, but I saw some pokemon that didn't seem to good looking in the videos Cx

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    I told my brother...
    "Im ready for Black and White to get here. I mean look Diamond and Pearl was neat. Playing Platinum was fun to but Its just been to long. I mean I know I have Heart Gold and Soul Silver left to beat but....Wait maybe Im not ready"

But now I'm ready.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
  • The video with the starting events is very good, however I think the battles are put in the wrong order because your room isn't a mess when you battle belle. Also I am the only one that think the starter town music resembles the R/S/E one?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I guess I really do like Wargle's animation. The bird Pokemon so far have had the best.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Those videos were great! Although the second one could have done with less doing nothingness.

I absolutely love the music. In other videos I was a bit hesitant, but I think it sounds quite epic. A mixture between RSE and DPP, and even though those are the 2 gens that I feel have the weakest soundtrack, they sound awesome combined haha. Also loving the low HP music, and how the beeping is sort of part of the music. Rival theme is pretty decent as well; you never know, it may change throughout the game as you all become stronger; that would be quite cool.

Battle animations are nice, and I don't think the pixellation of your Pokemon's sprite will be as bad or as noticeable as I previously thought which is good. Love how battles start as well, but I wish our character's sprite didn't fade out, but instead did it's usual left exit. Would have been nice if the other trainer's sprite threw the Pokeball as well, but I'm not so fussed about that. What's with the random camera panning though? Does it move if you're not doing anything, or can we control it somehow? I like it anyway lol

All in all, can't wait XD

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Gear attack looks CRAZY! And I love Koromori now that I can clearly see that it has eyes, I like how it wiggles it's nose from time to time.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years

• It seems like the camera pans when the player is idle, and when you're selecting a Pokémon's move during a double battle, it will focus towards the Pokémon who you're selecting a move for.

heehee that's what i thought too~!
    at first i was like.. "why is the Camera floating away o-o"
    then i thought maybe you can move the camera or something with a button...

but then when you said it might because of idle time i thought that may be likelier =P

Back