• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen News Discussion Thread [use the threads in forum for new things]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
  • Good stuff so far, OMG the rival looks so badass! I think we may have a worth while rival that we haven't had since Gold and Silver imo.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • THAT GIRL

Oh my god that girl character is amazingly perfect. I love her so much I CAN'T WAIT AHHH

I KNOW RIGHT?
    I want to play as her just so I can name her Leia, and i'm a dude. WTF'S UP WITH THAT?

And Ianz, i'm not too sure what to think on that yet. I imagine we'll get some answers when it gets translated.
    Personally i'm pretty happy with that rival character though. He just seems like he's going to be intense and not some happy-go-lucky rival.
    Maybe a Gary-like character where he's all snarky.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Glad you can catch Eevee in the Unova dex now! I can get my Espeon in the main story then. :D

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Seems cool so far~ Kinda feels like all they did was flip the first part of the map cause instead of starting on the right portion we start on the left. Water and Poison Gyms? I wonder who they removed then. Striaton seems pretty obvious as that part of the map is frozen.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Hopefully Riolu is available early on in the game so I can use it as an alternative to starters. Maybe it can serve as Pikachu and the rival gets Eevee xD. Metagross <3, Psyduck please indicate Misty being there jk.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I KNOW RIGHT?
    I want to play as her just so I can name her Leia, and i'm a dude. WTF'S UP WITH THAT?

And Ianz, i'm not too sure what to think on that yet. I imagine we'll get some answers when it gets translated.
    Personally i'm pretty happy with that rival character though. He just seems like he's going to be intense and not some happy-go-lucky rival.
    Maybe a Gary-like character where he's all snarky.

I was gonna name her Usagi! :333 Even her shoes are awesome. And I just love leggings on girls.

I just wonder what they're doing with the first gym if they're making a Water Gym specifically. >_o

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • That girl is so cooool! The boy has stupid hair. I don't know if i can play 100+ hours with him.

I'm a boy.... I have to choose the girl because she looks cooler...

Professor Oak won't know the difference! :15:

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Looks like Lucario and Metagross may be Version exclusives. Poster at the bottom of one of the pages as Haxorus, Black Kyurem, and Lucario, while other side has Zoroark, White Kyurem, and Metagross.

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Adding on to P0kelegend's quote, serebii also stated (for those who haven't seen):

The game is set 2 years later than in BW and features Unova being partially frozen. The Unova Pokédex has 300 Pokémon within it. There are various new areas in Unova including Hiougi City, where you begin your journey.
    It has also been confirmed that Black Kyurem will know the move Freeze Shock and that White Kyurem knows the move Ice Burn.
    Within the new Unova Pokédex, which contains a combination of old and new Pokémon, Psyduck is #026, Riolu is #033 and Metagross is #254. We'll bring more should it come later

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • so happy they add older pokemon to the game. Will make it so much better

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2013
    I really hope that the rival is like Silver, but with the storyline of Gary. I also wonder if we'll have an alternative to the Unova starters, as I have all 3 of those. The last thing I'd really like to know is if we'll have chance to get the other generations starters like we did with HG/SS. What do you guys think?

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • The rival looks like Tsurugi from Inazuma Eleven Go. Well Tsurugi with an afro XD

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • Hopefully Riolu is available early on in the game so I can use it as an alternative to starters. Maybe it can serve as Pikachu and the rival gets Eevee xD. Metagross <3, Psyduck please indicate Misty being there jk.
    Speaking that its Early within the dex.. You can probably get around the 2nd city

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • If there are extra gyms like poison and water, one should be in Anvil Town!

Anvil Town could be fleshed out into a whole city with a gym!

But that isn't news, that was be speculating.

Are the new gyms in new cities, or replacing older gyms?

This is the best part of anticipating a new game!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • No, it doesn't. It's totally new. yay I think it's farther east than Unity Tower, where there wasn't anything in BW.

I'm really happy for these locations. There's some really cool screens there, especially the panoramic view (Top-left on the last page) and the underwater tube (bottom-right of the last page). And yes, I want to play the female hero- the male hero looks really derpy imo.
    That's good to hear, thanks for the info. Seems better then what Castelia is, hopefully they also improve on that said City as well since I felt it lacking.

I really hope that the rival is like Silver, but with the storyline of Gary. I also wonder if we'll have an alternative to the Unova starters, as I have all 3 of those. The last thing I'd really like to know is if we'll have chance to get the other generations starters like we did with HG/SS. What do you guys think?
    I sure do hope we have an alternative, otherwise I will probably transfer over low level pokes from my BW and use them. And if we do more then likely it will be post main story.

Speaking that its Early within the dex.. You can probably get around the 2nd city
    I sure do hope so, with both it, Beldum, and maybe even Larvitar.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • If there are extra gyms like poison and water, one should be in Anvil Town!

Anvil Town could be fleshed out into a whole city with a gym!

But that isn't news, that was be speculating.

Are the new gyms in new cities, or replacing older gyms?

This is the best part of anticipating a new game!

There's no info on the other gyms yet unfortunately. Since this game takes place 2 years later, we may just get older versions or they'll be replaced. Maybe we'll run into the old protags as gym/elite 4 members? :>
    We do have Pokemon Smashu to look forward to, but they usually parrot what we already know, meaning they'll likely have these announcements in video form.

I agree though, it's the best part of speculation! :D

By the way, what was the time period between R/B/Y and G/S/C anybody?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back