• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    All this Wii-getting makes it look suspicious. DX
    Nay, I'm just miserable over my own lack of Wiiness.
    Anyone recommend a game in case I manage to "persuade" my parents?
    Andy's Bowling thing: XDDDDDDD

Years
  • Trikip: It is strange. Talk about some luck.

Dawson: It just goes to show that the Wii is a big hit everywhere. I mean it's pretty much sold out everywhere in the world (I think Australia might be a little lacking in sells, I mean it wasn't totally sold out the first day like it was in the US, Japan, and Europe). Sure the PS3 is also pretty much sold out, but the Wii has far more consoles and yet it's still sold out.

It was the same here for a week or so before and after the launch of the PS3. Fox News (the US' largest news channel) was going on and on and on about the PS3, "People in line for a PS3. | $600 dollars for a PS3. | Person shot over a PS3. | PS3 this, PS3 that" and so on. I got sick of it, and they said almost nothing on the Wii. I can think of 3 times they said something about the Wii. Once it was telling about the controller, another is when Kevin from "Attack of the Show" was invited to talk about the PS3 (but he went off talking about the Wii, he even had a Wiimote with him XD), and another was talking about the Wii sells vs the PS3 sells.

And here's a quote from Nintendo. XD
    "...the [Wii Sports bowling] ball is thrown by simply releasing the B Button on the remote, not by letting go of the remote!"
    https://www.gamespot.com/news/6162853.html

The Wii beat the Xbox 360. Since it was released the Gamecube only sold 162,936, the Wii sold 30,00 before it was out.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • All this Wii-getting makes it look suspicious. DX
    Nay, I'm just miserable over my own lack of Wiiness.
    Anyone recommend a game in case I manage to "persuade" my parents?
    Andy's Bowling thing: XDDDDDDD
    Everyone might just be getting lucky. XD
    If you like Legend of Zelda games then get TP (but you already know that if you like LoZ. Never the less, you should get the game, it's great). Exicte Truck is also a good game to pick up (if you got an SD Card then you can put your own songs on that game). And if you like shooters then you can try Red Steel (I'm not sure if I said it in here or not, but the controls are off). Rayman might be a good game if you like mini-game type games.

The Wii beat the Xbox 360. Since it was released the Gamecube only sold 162,936, the Wii sold 30,00 before it was out.
    You mean the Wii already beat the 360, or do you mean it will beat it (I don't see how a day or two of sells can beat out a system that's been out for sometime).

Years
  • Woo! Got mine!

Awesome, playing golf right now.

EDIT:
    You thought you had a bad wii launch day? not getting one?
    Ok...
    So I went to sleep early last night, I have my Wii pre-ordered so I could get it straight away!
    Cept...that's not how it went...
    I got up at 5:30am...I wanted to get to game station when they open...you know, like the Nintendo true fan I am.
    Got there..
    But before I entered. A group of guys came up to me and said..
    "Your that chick from Game, what are you doing shopping in here "
    Yes I work For Game, this has NOTHING to do with shopping in our rival company though. I just told them "Ok, I'm getting the Wii I reserved "
    They didn't like what they heard. They couldn't get hold of one, they were shouting, screaming at me because I got one ordered. I did the clever thing and Walked off, even though I have a reputation of shouting back. But they followed. And I punched one of them in the face, and shouted "Get the hell away from me you jealous kids "
    ...Worst
    ...Thing
    ...Ever...
    The others hit my head, punched me in the gut. Stole my Wii pre-order details, and stole my money.
    I withdrew the Wii money, and ran into game station
    Told them what happened...
    They saw I worked for Game…
    …and told me to get lost...
    So...no Wii.. I was… and still am Devastated..
    I punched someone in the face, and ran off to Game. IT'S my job isn't it?
    Well…not now it isn't.
    Got there, Boss said I wasn't needed, I have a Bad reputation..
    So I lost my job...and didn't get payed for what I did..
    ...and I lost my card job at another shop..
    ...And lost my money..
    and got beat up..
    And have...and cant get a Wii till past February..
    my cuts, Bruises, whatever. Pain so much.
    ...but I live this pain to live with you Adam, I do..
    Someone...send me a Uk PAL Wii PLEASE? TT___TT
    Wasted, and lost in total
    £430._.
    No Wii...
    No chance of getting one...
    ...I'm so depressed over a games console and having no jobs TT____TT
    Thats a friend of mine, she didn't get hers, managed to get mugged and got fired from her Job.

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Woo! Got mine!

EDIT:

Thats a friend of mine, she didn't get hers, managed to get mugged and got fired from her Job.

That's feckin' harsh. I heard on the news that there were a few muggings in some places. There were a couple near where I live, in the main city. Luckily, I pre-ordered mine from a smaller GAME branch.

Anyway, my Wii buying experience was quite pleasant, to say the least. I strolled into the store at about 3.30pm and there were four people in the queue with three people on the tills so that queue disappeared quite quickly. I went up to the counter and said I pre-ordered two Wii's, they asked for my surname and address, et voila, two Wii's for me. One thing that did bother me was the guy that was serving me kept trying to make me buy a load of games with it (I'm guessing that that particular branch wasn't selling as much software as they were hoping) and finally I agreed to buy Wii Play, mainly for the controller. He then tried to sell me two of the same game, I was like "No, one is fine, thank you." and he was like "..Oh..Okay then." He sounded so sad, like I'd just told him his dog was about to die.

Anyway, I'm too tired to play tonight, so I'm gonna set up my Wii tomorrow morning. (I wonder how many people here could have that restraint)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I'm sure you meant 30,000 preorders.

The XBox 360 sold 30,000 units in four days. So a confirmed 30,000 preorders would mean that the chances of the Wii becoming the fastest selling console here are high.

@Dawson: For shame. I stayed up till 1AM when I got my Wii. Actually, all of my friends did XD

Years
  • Everyone might just be getting lucky. XD
    If you like Legend of Zelda games then get TP (but you already know that if you like LoZ. Never the less, you should get the game, it's great). Exicte Truck is also a good game to pick up (if you got an SD Card then you can put your own songs on that game). And if you like shooters then you can try Red Steel (I'm not sure if I said it in here or not, but the controls are off). Rayman might be a good game if you like mini-game type games.

You mean the Wii already beat the 360, or do you mean it will beat it (I don't see how a day or two of sells can beat out a system that's been out for sometime).

I mean the Wii has been out for two days and its sales beat the 360s after 2 days. Random fact,the Wii is out in Brazil before the 360. Anyway Sony is releasing the PS3 is Europe and Australia in March 2007.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Woo! Got mine!

EDIT:

Man, that really really sucks. Not only getting beat up, but getting robbed, not getting a Wii, and losing your job....

But congrats on getting one Uzumaki Kaen.

Anyway, my Wii buying experience was quite pleasant, to say the least. I strolled into the store at about 3.30pm and there were four people in the queue with three people on the tills so that queue disappeared quite quickly. I went up to the counter and said I pre-ordered two Wii's, they asked for my surname and address, et voila, two Wii's for me. One thing that did bother me was the guy that was serving me kept trying to make me buy a load of games with it (I'm guessing that that particular branch wasn't selling as much software as they were hoping) and finally I agreed to buy Wii Play, mainly for the controller. He then tried to sell me two of the same game, I was like "No, one is fine, thank you." and he was like "..Oh..Okay then." He sounded so sad, like I'd just told him his dog was about to die.

Anyway, I'm too tired to play tonight, so I'm gonna set up my Wii tomorrow morning. (I wonder how many people here could have that restraint)
    I would ask you how Wii Play is, but by the looks of it you haven't played it yet. XD

Dawson you suck, not playing the Wii as soon as you could. XD

And congrats on getting one.

I mean the Wii has been out for two days and its sales beat the 360s after 2 days. Random fact,the Wii is out in Brazil before the 360. Anyway Sony is releasing the PS3 is Europe and Australia in March 2007.
    Them 2 days are the 360's launch days right? Because you can't put the Wii launch next to a system that's already a year old in some places.

In other news, Nintendo is getting sued.
    https://gonintendo.com/?p=10103
    What's next? Nintendo going out and suing others for having an analog stick on their controllers? TiVo suing others for taking the DVR idea? FireFox suing MS for having tabs in IE7?

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    I'm getting a Wii. Holy crap, eh? GETTING A PINK WIIMOTE SHELL!!! And TP ^_^
    Just thought I'd gloat. Recommend any games, guys?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I'm getting a Wii. Holy crap, eh? GETTING A PINK WIIMOTE SHELL!!! And TP ^_^
    Just thought I'd gloat. Recommend any games, guys?
    Congrats on getting a Wii. I'm not going to ask about the pink shell but never the less, congrats.
    And yea, I made a reply to your last post asking about games.

"If you like Legend of Zelda games then get TP (but you already know that if you like LoZ. Never the less, you should get the game, it's great). Exicte Truck is also a good game to pick up (if you got an SD Card then you can put your own songs on that game). And if you like shooters then you can try Red Steel (I'm not sure if I said it in here or not, but the controls are off). Rayman might be a good game if you like mini-game type games."

I'd reccomend Red Steel, I'm getting it myself. It sure looks like it will keep me hooked... >>

I just beat ZTP five minutes ago :x
    Red Steel is worth a buy. Once you play it more the more you'll get used to the controls (just set it to the lowest setting).

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Congrats on getting a Wii. I'm not going to ask about the pink shell but never the less, congrats.
    And yea, I made a reply to your last post asking about games.

"If you like Legend of Zelda games then get TP (but you already know that if you like LoZ. Never the less, you should get the game, it's great). Exicte Truck is also a good game to pick up (if you got an SD Card then you can put your own songs on that game). And if you like shooters then you can try Red Steel (I'm not sure if I said it in here or not, but the controls are off). Rayman might be a good game if you like mini-game type games."

Red Steel is worth a buy. Once you play it more the more you'll get used to the controls (just set it to the lowest setting).

I got a Wii. Life is not complete, unfortunately, because there were no shells ;_; *cough EB sucks cough*
    Wii Sports was awesome, even though my parents showed absolutely no potential for gaming DX
    As for TP, my mother advised me to take it easy, so I'll be purchasing that sometime next week. Anyways, I'm getting TP!~~ ^^
    I'll think about Red Steel too~

And I still want the shell in pink, thanks.

Years
  • I got a Wii. Life is not complete, unfortunately, because there were no shells ;_; *cough EB sucks cough*
    Wii Sports was awesome, even though my parents showed absolutely no potential for gaming DX
    As for TP, my mother advised me to take it easy, so I'll be purchasing that sometime next week. Anyways, I'm getting TP!~~ ^^

Try your grandparents, mine owned me at bowling and golf ¬¬

@ Dawson: Got mine delivered so it was there when I got back from school, so I ran home, burst in through the door and grabbed a knife and ripped the brown box open.

My wii's updating its system now O.o

Last edited:

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • I have a Wii myself, I pre-ordered it from an online retailer, and it quite handily came on the Saturday morning with LoZ: TP, no mess, no fuss, and pretty fast for something that was dispatched the day it came out ^^;. So, yes, I have an am thoroughly enjoying my Wii. XD. I pre-ordered, it, but I was lucky, the place sold out of pre-orders within 7 minutes, and I had stayed up just to make sure I did it right. XD

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • I've decided that I'm going to ask for Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz for Christmas (I still won't have a Wii by that time, but I'm asking for it so it'll be one less thing I need to buy when I purchase my Wii. Do you think that's stupid?).

I don't like shooters, so I'm not getting Red Steel. TP looks really hard and it's just not the type of game for me, so I'm not getting that. ;O *gasp* And those are basically the most popular and most talked-about games for Wii.

I know. I'm weird. o.O

Years
  • I don't like shooters, so I'm not getting Red Steel. TP looks really hard and it's just not the type of game for me, so I'm not getting that. ;O *gasp* And those are basically the most popular and most talked-about games for Wii.

I know. I'm weird. o.O

TP... It is ridiculously easy compared to any other LoZ game, in my humble opinion. But if it's just not your type of game, don't feel pushed to get it.

Jae said:
    My parents showed absolutely no potential for gaming DX

My father kicks my ass at bowling, tennis, golf, boxing, and baseball. :/

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm not the guy for these big fantasy fighting games.

I like the happy games like Monkey Ball! ^_^

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I got a Wii. Life is not complete, unfortunately, because there were no shells ;_; *cough EB sucks cough*

Not getting a shell? You should come here, every store around has a ton of Wiimote shells. XD

I have a Wii myself, I pre-ordered it from an online retailer, and it quite handily came on the Saturday morning with LoZ: TP, no mess, no fuss, and pretty fast for something that was dispatched the day it came out ^^;. So, yes, I have an am thoroughly enjoying my Wii. XD. I pre-ordered, it, but I was lucky, the place sold out of pre-orders within 7 minutes, and I had stayed up just to make sure I did it right. XD
    Congrats on getting a Wii. I wish I was able to get one on launch day. XD

I've decided that I'm going to ask for Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz for Christmas (I still won't have a Wii by that time, but I'm asking for it so it'll be one less thing I need to buy when I purchase my Wii. Do you think that's stupid?).

I don't like shooters, so I'm not getting Red Steel. TP looks really hard and it's just not the type of game for me, so I'm not getting that. ;O *gasp* And those are basically the most popular and most talked-about games for Wii.

I know. I'm weird. o.O
    Exicte Truck. XD

Wow, it's shocking how dead this place is. I mean the Wii launched, and now most have a Wii and we're off playing it and not able to post. XD

https://gonintendo.com/?p=10138
    I pretty much agree with all that in there (don't care for 2, 3, 8, or 9). I mean sure Nintendo might have rushed to get it out, and a lot of that stuff might get fixed or updated later on. But still, stuff like the messages is slow as everything (you send an email and it's there right away, send an IM, PM, or post and it's there with no or very little wait. So why is there a big gap for the Wii?)

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Not getting a shell? You should come here, every store around has a ton of Wiimote shells. XD

Congrats on getting a Wii. I wish I was able to get one on launch day. XD

Exicte Truck. XD

If you're taunting me..... I'll..... burn your cookies. o__0;;
    Ekk, my dad sucks at Wii-sports D:
    My mum was ALRIGHT at baseball (WTF, I know), but everything else was meh.
    I'm getting TP on friday! *dances*
    Red steel? Gah, TP and Wii-sports is enough for now ;)
    And here's a little memo for the person who endeavoured to associate my grandparents with gaming; W....T...F.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Umm...thank goodness for wrist straps. O_O

I almost lost my remote. I was playing tennis on Wii Sports and I stumbled on the carpet and woosh. Bye bye Wiimote. It would've went straight for the vase on our mantle if I wasn't using the strap.

Afterwards I thought to myself, "Oh no. I'm one of those people who throw the remotes at their TV screens."

So, let that be a lesson to you kids. Always use the wrist strap.

Or don't play on the carpet.

Back