• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo is Falling Apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
    No, it's not Nintendo itself that's falling apart, it's their NINTENDO POWER issues that are falling apart.

All were very good before 2005 began. And now they redesigned it, it's missing all my favorite parts!

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Tetsuya-san said:
    And take how Microsoft is making you have to pay Gold membership for Online Play when Nintendo is going to make it free?

I don't have an Xbox so I wouldn't know, but my friend said you have an option of $60 dollars for a year or $6 dollars a month. I'm not sure if he is right though, but he may be close to there. that's not expensive at all. I am sure for the PS2 price, though, it is free for all games exept speical ones like FFXI.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
    Awright my turn to step into the game XD Im a Nintendo Purist so...my debates might be a bit one sided >>; XD

I grew up with Nintendo, the first time i picked up a controller i saw that 8-bit plumber picking his nose and throwing those fireballs, Nintendo is the elder of Sony and Microsoft and will (In my opinion) always be the best, sure the Nintendo may not have the GTA series on its consoles, or Halo, or alot of Third Party games that everyone thinks they need to have, my friends are always saying "Why didnt you get an Xbox or PS2 instead of that dumb DS" until i brought my dual screened buddy to school and i convinced 2 Sony purists to get a DS instead of a PSP. Alot of people at school say the DS is crap, a gimmick to get Nintendo out of the whole, well i do believe Nintendo had analog stick first, they had rumble back first, the DS is probably the most inovative thing in videogames since the console. and who knows maybe Sony and Microsoft will copy this too...extremly unlikely but hey who knows. (IMO) Xbox and PS2 are focusing more on graphics then a good story and innovativeness-ness nowadays and sure alot of people are shunning the 'Cube cause in their eyes it has "kiddy" games and no online play, well i say "You pick up that controller and play Wind Waker, since you say it's for 6 year olds" alot of video game players today focus on what they hear and what they see or read on the cover of that casing, so...VIVA LA NINTENDO!

Digital_Remix

Master In Training
    Years
    Nintendo hasn't fallen apart, not at all. They own the handheld market, no matter what anyone says. Game Boy units are their most popular product, and with so many games, and having the newest systems backwards compatible, they will probably stay in the top position for quite a while.

Ninja

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    Tetsuya-san said:
    And take how Microsoft is making you have to pay Gold membership for Online Play when Nintendo is going to make it free?

We're talking about the present. Not the future. Nice try though.

Bowser

The King Of The Koopas
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2007
    nintendo is not falling apart, when i was in school many people said to me, why do you play nintendo games, they're for babies, i mean most casual gamers just dont get nintendo games. ive been a nintendo fan since i was tiny, ive had all the consoles an ive always thought of them the best, who cares if nintendo doesnt have gta. ok, gta is a fantastic game and deserves a good score, nintendo has zelda, mario, pokemon, metroid etc. im looking forward to the revolution and i think the gamecube is a fantastic console, i was never short of good games. and nintendo can just release pokemon games if theyre in trouble, pika is good at taking money from people's pockets

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Digital_Remix said:
    Nintendo hasn't fallen apart, not at all. They own the handheld market, no matter what anyone says. Game Boy units are their most popular product, and with so many games, and having the newest systems backwards compatible, they will probably stay in the top position for quite a while.
    You mean that they used to own the handheld market. PSP and DS are almost neck to neck, and that's quite an achievement considering that this is Sony's first handheld gaming system.
    Tetsuya-san said:
    Actually, I felt like bringing it up. And how Nintendo falls apart is bilge. GBA sales literally top sales for the PS2s. And if I heard right, it tops all three major consoles put together.
    The GBA was the only real handheld competitor at that time...

Hikaru Ryo

No Redemption
    Years
    Nintendo ain?t falling apart. Neither is the roof, but that?s another matter. >>...<<...Anyways. People think that Nintendo is falling apart because before it had absolutely no competition. Everyone talked about Nintendo when they talked about videogames. But with the formidable titles that came out for the PlayStation 2 and the X-Box, Nintendo found itself not being the only one making videogames. Games like GTA and the FF?s came out, making people say that Nintendo games were just for kids.

But think about it for a moment. Nintendo DS has gained higher ratings as a console than the PSP has, and even though PSP games have gained higher ratings, it?s because the better DS titles are coming out slow right now. And games like Twilight Princess have gained TONS of expecting fans. Not to mention that the Revolution looks really cool and the aspect of downloading games of older consoles for it has already given it great ratings. Frankly, Microsoft is in worse shape than Nintendo.

WhereAmI

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    yes twighlight princess is probaly the most wanted for GameCube.

GTA: Liberty City Stories is gonna be sweet though

everybody knows, even actually especially X-Box'ers know that if it weren't for Halo, X-Box would have flopped.

Microsoft knows this too, there is coding on Halo 2 that is inaccessable because they saved it for Halo 3, which is set to come out the same day as PS3.

The "Revolution" is using what we are using now, dowloading ROMS(legally or illegaly). thats their big plan, let everybody download old Nintendo games through a service provided by Nintendo
    its basically gonna flop since many of us do do that (again free or not free)

and for the PS3, Blue Ray Formatting as been doubled
    100GB!
    thats alot, giving the programmers plenty of space to use for graphics or shameless add-ins

Last edited:

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    dilos ekans said:
    Nintendo the rebel? I don't think so. They may be the rebel as far as giving the middle finger to third party support and they think they can hold their own on first party. They can't. The next huge first party game on the gamecube is Zelda, with that said possibly Geist. Other than that, nothing. Zip, nada.
    really? no third party whatsoever? huh, thats funny, cause i just went through all of my gamecube games, and more than half of them were third party. you see, just because their third party games aren't as popular as first party, doesn't mean that they don't have thrid party support. they have a decent 3rd party, maybe not as strong as sony or microsoft, but they sure as heck don't "give the middle finger to third party support." Thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard.

dilos ekans said:
    Sony and Microsoft have good balances of Third Party, Second Party, and First Party. I agree, it's your opinion in the end. But I really don't see the fuss on how Nintendo Jesus H. Christ in innovation.
    look back. i believe someone already listed all the innovations nintendo made in video games.

dilos ekans said:
    I really think Sony is doing well in the innovation department.
    never said they weren't. i love some of the things they have done to improve gaming (the eyetoy not on that list XD )

dilos ekans said:
    Their doing amazingly well in platformers, which is a huge surprise this generation. Everyone thought Nintendo would te due to franchises like Mario, and Donkey Kong. But sony has Rachet and Clank series which is probably the best platformer series in this gen. The Game Ranking percent is in the 90's which is really good. Along with the Jak and Daxter franchise.
    yes, some of their platformers have enjoyed good success, but sony has not had the reputation for keeping their platformers alive. i highly doubt these platformers will carry on to the future systems, so while they are good, they a far from the ability to keep them alive that Nintendo has developed (and if you don't believe me, remember two games called spyro and crash bandicoot? people said they were the "next mario" and three years later sony sells the license to Nintendo).

dilos ekans said:
    If nintendo wants to get back in the game, they need support. Which is the reason it's not doing well with fans.
    they have great support. they just don't look at third parties to sell their systems *coughMICROSOFTcough* and Nintendo has some of the most loyal fans around (hence the existance of this thread)

dilos ekans said:
    Edit: You guys seem to forget Nintendo has all the football games that the other consoles have.
    thank you. thats what i've been trying to say *coughGOODTHRIDPARTYcough*

brittany said:
    You mean that they used to own the handheld market. PSP and DS are almost neck to neck, and that's quite an achievement considering that this is Sony's first handheld gaming system.
    got a source to prove it? last i heard, DS was still crushing the PSP by millions (hmmmm, kinda reminiscent about the GCN vs. PS2? even though the GCN was more powerful, PS2 outsold it [with other reasons] because of its early launch).

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    Lol, one step ahead of me Andy.

Yeah, the PSP's games really lack the innovation of the DS's games. Lumines is the only one that has impressed me in innovation standards, but when i go back to my DS i find that Polarium is even better. The PSP's games are straight-out modifications of the PS2's games, just on a smaller screen but more portable. It really shows in Japan, where a video game has to do more than look good to be popular.

code zerro the deluge

I'm a boss.
    Years
    Nintendo is going to be there ween we are like 100. and what do you mean Nintendo hade no compatition back then? it had Sega. N-rev is problly. look at SSBM it sold Halo1,andHalo2.and it is still in the top 20,s. SSB is probolly on N-Rev.Nintendo is the best for games. like adventure and fighting. Nintendo is kid first. Sony and Microsoft are mostley teens and adults.

Ninja

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    Dark Penguin said:
    really? no third party whatsoever? huh, thats funny, cause i just went through all of my gamecube games, and more than half of them were third party. you see, just because their third party games aren't as popular as first party, doesn't mean that they don't have thrid party support. they have a decent 3rd party, maybe not as strong as sony or microsoft, but they sure as heck don't "give the middle finger to third party support." Thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard.

look back. i believe someone already listed all the innovations nintendo made in video games.

never said they weren't. i love some of the things they have done to improve gaming (the eyetoy not on that list XD )

yes, some of their platformers have enjoyed good success, but sony has not had the reputation for keeping their platformers alive. i highly doubt these platformers will carry on to the future systems, so while they are good, they a far from the ability to keep them alive that Nintendo has developed (and if you don't believe me, remember two games called spyro and crash bandicoot? people said they were the "next mario" and three years later sony sells the license to Nintendo).

they have great support. they just don't look at third parties to sell their systems *coughMICROSOFTcough* and Nintendo has some of the most loyal fans around (hence the existance of this thread)

thank you. thats what i've been trying to say *coughGOODTHRIDPARTYcough*

got a source to prove it? last i heard, DS was still crushing the PSP by millions (hmmmm, kinda reminiscent about the GCN vs. PS2? even though the GCN was more powerful, PS2 outsold it [with other reasons] because of its early launch).

Dark Penguin, you misunderstood me. Nintendo at the beggining to atleast a year ago had the same thirdparty support as Sony and Microsoft. Nowadays they're losing it fast. A lot of games are coming out that are Sony and Microsoft only. I always notice this when a game comes out in a commericial. Most of the time a company is only releasing for Sony, Mircrosoft and PC. Yes they still have some thirdparty support but not nearly as much as when the gamecube came out.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    i see what your saying, but Nintendo doesn't always except the games that 3rd parties present. Nintendo is not big on 3rd party shooters and never has been, so when games like "Kill All Hmans" are presented to them, Nintendo rejects it. They don't feel the need for a slew of 3rd party games that will never become very popular (or at least that's what they think). It has always been like that; most of the commercialed games aren't on Nintendo systems. Nintendo doesn't need those games, and since most TV commercials feature 3rd party shooters, that is why you never see Nintendo mentioned. It has always been like that, even when the GCN first came out. And remember, only a very small fraction of games are on commercials, and Nintendo never really advertises on commercials. They are not losing third party support, they have great 3rd party and always will. They just tend to be more selective, which does not lose support (3rd parties will always look to put their games on another system, not matter hwo many times they are turned away - more money in their pockets).

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    We Nintendo fans just need to wait for the older generation to grow up, then we'll be in the clear.

Legolas

<3 +.+ E>
    Years
    Your cousin needs to wake up and smell the perfume...., Nintendo is NOT falling apart. It is acaully becoming better. When the Twilight Pricness comes out for GC, Nintendo will Shot forwerd like a bullet. If your cousin has a GC, i bet he will buy it.

Ninja

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    Dark Penguin said:
    i see what your saying, but Nintendo doesn't always except the games that 3rd parties present. Nintendo is not big on 3rd party shooters and never has been, so when games like "Kill All Hmans" are presented to them, Nintendo rejects it. They don't feel the need for a slew of 3rd party games that will never become very popular (or at least that's what they think). It has always been like that; most of the commercialed games aren't on Nintendo systems. Nintendo doesn't need those games, and since most TV commercials feature 3rd party shooters, that is why you never see Nintendo mentioned. It has always been like that, even when the GCN first came out. And remember, only a very small fraction of games are on commercials, and Nintendo never really advertises on commercials. They are not losing third party support, they have great 3rd party and always will. They just tend to be more selective, which does not lose support (3rd parties will always look to put their games on another system, not matter hwo many times they are turned away - more money in their pockets).

*sigh* It's not that Nintendo rejected them. The Developer didn't think that'd make much money on the GameCube. There are some thirdparty shooters that were also released on the gamecube recently. 007 Rouge somthing..

I still don't think they have good support. And they're not selective, they're just losing it. Please give proof next time that Nintendo is actually saying no. I'm an avid gamer and i'd know if Nintendo had a policy on rejecting games. The only console I can think of that has a selective problem is Sony with the 2d wary campaign. :p

Kurosaki

Just so that people can see that Nintendo has lost some steam, I'll show some polls for top selling games.

https://www.pcvsconsole.com/hank/answer.php?file=567
    https://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gta4/news_6116499.html

The first link is the top game sales of 03, second 04. I'm not trying to boost up Sony or put down Nintendo, I'm just posting facts. If this continues....
    Notice theres no Microsoft stuff in the first link there, XD
    In my opinion, those polls prove close to nothing. You can't exactly judge a system by the games that sold most in a certain year >>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back