• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Nintendo The Official Magazine - Official HG/SS Review!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Okay so i just brought the magazine today and thought i would scan the review up!
    The purpose of this thread is to disscuss what you think of the ONM review and if you agree or dissagree with them :)

Okay here they are :) :
    First page
    Spoiler:

2nd page
    Spoiler:

3rd page
    Spoiler:

4th page
    Spoiler:

5th page (score)
    Spoiler:

Wow, a
    Spoiler:
    thats a rare score to make from them !

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Awwwww you outrun me !

Well , the review was nice and they got 94 % ! It was lame they didin't put in any Walker pics and they call Pokemon really weird ('Mon) .

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    They said the GameCorner changes are in the EU version only. WTH? Im confused now. Other than that, this is a good review. Ill have to pick up Nintendo Power tonight.

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    That EU thing is confusing me too.

Awesome review, though! But I think it's a little short. And it's true that this is the biggest Pokemon game since the others, because you have two regions. Everyone says Johto is really small and that with Kanto it makes it a regular game, but I remember that FireRed and LeafGreen only had Kanto and they were sure dang long. =P I will surely be spending a bunch of time on it!

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Nobody told me about anti-step-fraud technology in the PokeWalkers! D= So much for the "taped to the washing machine" strategy.

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    Nobody told me about anti-step-fraud technology in the PokeWalkers! D= So much for the "taped to the washing machine" strategy.

It's not like it would even matter; you can only level up a Pokemon by one level when it's in the walker.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Aww ratatas. now I'll have to tape it to the dryer overloaded with wet jeans!
    But really, I don't see how it can tell walking from hand shaking apart.

Yukima

Mad Scientist
    Years
    Awesome review!

I knew about the PokeWalker "anti-cheating" thing, but that didn't stop me from just randomly tossing and throwing it around when I got SS in Japanese. It actually did work for a while, but then it "caught on" and stopped counting 15 steps for each time it bounced on the carpet... :nervous:

Maybe I'll bring it to work one day and just leave it in my lab coat pocket and forget about it while I'm running around getting tests done... :D

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    But looking around on youtube, I saw that you can cheat the pokewalker by taping it to a record player at an angle. So, I can imagine it will be even more of an adventure for the lazier folks to think of new ways to beat the anti-cheat.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    They said the GameCorner changes are in the EU version only. WTH? Im confused now. Other than that, this is a good review. Ill have to pick up Nintendo Power tonight.

I think that may have been some bad fact-checking on their part. :\

And I'm glad to see the games getting good scores from publications.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    As if I could not get any more excited.
    Great review and it was worth reading.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Yay, this was great!

I knew all this, about the game, of course, but it's nice to see what the officials think.

Too bad the Swedish Pkmn magazine doesn't go on like this, they actually said this about DPPt: "I think it was really fun that you could name your Pokémon. Going around and battling others is alot of good times! 5/5"... I mean seriously...
    That magazine is basicly about Ash, May and max teaching the reader how many Pokéballs two plus three is. Nowadays. I prefer the good ol' times... :)

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Awesome, now i'm sure i don't need to go and buy that magazine now ^_~ thanks for sharing it ^^

Years
    Wow...now I'm going to reserve my SoulSilver copy today. 94%? Holy Slowpokes, that's amazing! Now, I must go to Gamestop...

I hope the Voltorb Flip really is that addicting...

Back