• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Nintendo The Official Magazine - Official HG/SS Review!

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
    Did anyone read the beginners guide bit too? It was pretty good :D

Game.co.uk has it for £35 and free delivery too :P
    Do you get the figures with HMV or game?
    Yeah, the beginners guide was awesome! I read it, even though I didn't learn anything. :laugh:

Oh, and I got Platinum for 99p in Gamestation-trade in 3 unwanted DS games and get it for a quid! :D

danner704

The Ecruteak Gym Leader
    Years
    Yeah, the beginners guide was awesome! I read it, even though I didn't learn anything. :laugh:

Oh, and I got Platinum for 99p in Gamestation-trade in 3 unwanted DS games and get it for a quid! :D

Same, didn't learn anything, I just thought I'd check it out :D
    What cover did you get?

Wow cool! How much is HG/SS for preorder at gamestation?

danner704

The Ecruteak Gym Leader
    Years
    I got the subscribers one. :D

It's £35 according to the website. :P

Cool, it's the same price in Game and HMV, I wanted to subscribe to it, my mum said she'd prefer just to buy them as they come out. She thinks it'd be too hard to unsubscribe XD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Starting to stray a bit off-topic here, so a reminder to discuss the review itself more rather than whether you subscribe this magazine or not. =P

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2013
    Still pretty upset about them taking away a cornerstone of the Game Corner. Seriously, it's been slots since 1995! And I also like the card game they introduced in the original GSC (precursor to the RSE Roulette).

RSE Roulette is not much fun without a gun, but since we've got the EU, we must make do without one. (Sucks!)

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2013
    Still pretty upset about them taking away a cornerstone of the Game Corner. Seriously, it's been slots since 1995! And I also like the card game they introduced in the original GSC (precursor to the RSE Roulette).
    Im surprised I got the reference. XD Im fine with the new game but it would be cool if they included the slots as well.

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    I can't believe they would even take away slots. Everyone is becoming too politically correct and all that. They could have just changed the rating.

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
    I just re-read the review again. :laugh:

Like Platinum last year, I love looking at the screenshots of it in English, and most of all, their sarcasm. :P

RelentlessRamenRaider

Chansey Lucky Egg Hunter
    Years
    Ahhhh. I Can't wait for it. I still have my Pokemon Pikachu 2 from when these versions first came out. I don't really think the pokewalker is necessary, but I may change my mind after a bit of hands-on experience.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    94% is good, does anybody know what P/D/PT got? It will be interesting compare...

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Actually , they only said about the EU because of the ONM being the UK version . But anyways , the US also has it (serebii) so it's sure !

Years
    This is awesome, I can't wait. I'd been under the impression this would just be a moderately improved GS with better graphics and some new Pokemon, but this is great.

The only thing I don't like is the map. :/ It looks pretty crappy in my opinion, and what's with all the green dots? Not a big deal though.

Back