• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Wii Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmas

General
Years
  • Guys, I have a problem.

I have a Wii. A hacked one. And don't call me a pirate, I have my reasons xD The first wii I had wasn't hacked and it broke up after just 2 months of use, Nintendo DIDN'T repair it and I had to buy a second one. So this time I didn't spent my money on games.

Anyway, with hundreds of games and -supposed to be- hours of fun, a few weeks ago something horrible happened. I'm a huge Transformers fan, and "War for Cybertron" came out. I was so excited about it when I heard it was coming out for wii... But then I've seen "Cybertron Adventures", Wii version of the game, and it actually SUCKS. I've said "What a shame. But it doesn't matter, Wii have tons of good games. Like..."

And suddenly I realised that I don't have any epic game. Yes, i've played Calling, Monster Hunter 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl...

But the last games I liked were The Force Unleashed and Web of Shadows. More than a year ago.

I was even thinking about getting rid of my Wii and buy a PS3.

What do you guys think? Any recommendation, any help, anything?

Thanks a lot.
    Well if you say you've played all the games for Wii, then I'd recommend getting either a PS3 or an Xbox.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
  • Well if you say you've played all the games for Wii, then I'd recommend getting either a PS3 or an Xbox.

Not ALL the games. But a lot. Currently I'm ending Heatseeker. And even if I search for it, I can't find any more good games.

Years
  • Im happy for the Wii's 2010-2011 lineup. I just recently got Other M and i think the authorizing of weapons is stupid, its should have been that the bugs that you fight at the beginning hack into her system, restricting use of weapons until Adam or someone can override the system and make them usable again

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • I pre-ordered Epic Yarn over the weekend. Even though as far as I know, it has no pre-order bonuses, and it's unlikely that the game will be in short supply, I had just gotten paid and figured I'd do so alongside Dead Rising 2.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I'm actually more excited for the 3DS than any of the Wii games announced at E3. I'm sure they'll all be great games, it's just that I'm not that big of a platformer fan, so Kirby and DKC aren't day one purchases for me. And I'm not quite sure what to think about Skyward Sword at this point, I need to see more before making any type of judgment.

I am finally playing Metroid Prime 3 though (three years late to the party), and holy crap it's a great game. Probably my favorite of the Prime trilogy, and the controls are absolutely amazing once you get past the initial learning curve. My only complaint is that the boss fights are a bit weak compared to the first two games.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I'm actually more excited for the 3DS than any of the Wii games announced at E3.

Same.

And I am really excited for the wii games.

At first I was like "3D without glasses? that'll be pretty cool" and then they were like "Oh yeah we have Kid Icarus and loads of other stuff". And now I just can't wait to get one.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I'm actually more excited for the 3DS than any of the Wii games announced at E3. I'm sure they'll all be great games, it's just that I'm not that big of a platformer fan, so Kirby and DKC aren't day one purchases for me. And I'm not quite sure what to think about Skyward Sword at this point, I need to see more before making any type of judgment.

I am finally playing Metroid Prime 3 though (three years late to the party), and holy crap it's a great game. Probably my favorite of the Prime trilogy, and the controls are absolutely amazing once you get past the initial learning curve. My only complaint is that the boss fights are a bit weak compared to the first two games.
    I'm not all that psyched for Donkey Kong Country Returns either. I like platformers, but just don't really care for the Donkey Kong series. Donkey Kong Country 2 was good and Donkey Kong Land is an absolutely brilliant platformer. But the rest? Meh. Nothing special. All flash and no substance. I have no plans to play Returns - which is sad because its from Retro.

I'm excited for Kirby's Epic Yarn although I only really like the original Kirby's Dream Land. I never cared much for the copy ability. There was an elegant simplicity to the original game that the series hasn't seen since. From what I've seen, Epic Yarn looks very promising. But, I wouldn't be surprised if I don't enjoy it either.

Skyward Sword, to me, needs some polish. But that isn't a problem because that's just what they're doing at the moment. Yay Motion Plus!

Also looking forward to GoldenEye and Epic Mickey.

I'm eagerly awaiting the 3DS, but I don't know if I can say I'm looking forward to it more than any of the Wii games at E3 just yet. I like the platform and what it can do - but I needed to know about the games. I'll know better this Wednesday how much I want it.

Esmas

General
    Years
  • Pokémon Ranger 3? Totally forgot about that. The thing is, I haven't gotten 1 and 2 yet, so I have to beat those first ;__;

What kinds of downloads have you gotten for your Wiis?
    All the default stuff of course (Internet Channel, Nintendo Channel, etc.), Mario Kart Wii Channel, Super Mario Bros. 3, Pokémon Rumble, and that's all I can remember...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I've download Pokemon Snap, Star Fox 64, Super Mario RPG, Sin & Punishment, both LostWinds titles, Orbient, World of Goo, and I think that's all.

Years
  • I've downloaded mostly nostalgia (Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Earthworm Jim 1 and 2, Altered Beast, Golden Axe and Streets of Rage trio being my main ones).

Also downloaded a few that I loved but either hardly played or didn't own as I never had the SNES (So that's Secret of Mana, Super Punch Out, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario RPG and the Donkey Kong Country trio amongst a couple of others).

Then the usual ones like Internet channel, that voting channel, etc.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Im happy for the Wii's 2010-2011 lineup. I just recently got Other M and i think the authorizing of weapons is stupid, its should have been that [S-HIGHLIGHT]the bugs that you fight at the beginning hack into her system, restricting use of weapons until Adam or someone can override the system and make them usable again[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

I haven't played the game yet, but that is a much better reason for withholding weapons than Adam just giving the excuse "You might hurt my men!" Understandable at first, but I heard that the main flaw with Adam's argument was that Samus could still have worn her Varia suit without the potential of harm...

And yeah, everything Nintendo announced at E3 2010 was amazing...! :cer_boogie: Especially Skyward Sword (really hoping that the Beetle doesn't replace the Boomerang and that the Whip doesn't replace the Clawshot, though...) and the Nintendo 3DS! :D

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • What kinds of downloads have you gotten for your Wiis?
    Other than all the usual channels, i've got...
    kirby 64
    super mario bros
    phoenix wright demo
    world of goo (such an overrated game)
    muscle march (most weird game ever)
    nes castlevania
    megaman 9 (probably the only download that i dont regret, other than kirby XP)

i really wish they would put mother 2/earthbound on virtual console. i could just get it for gba on play asia but i dont have the money...

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Kirby epic yarn: I'm excited about the game as well. The gameplays look amazing. I already pre-ordered it. I liked the 2 player as well.

Wii games that I have:

SSBB(Super Smash Brothers Brawl)
    Code Lyoko
    Naruto(Both Naruto Wii games)
    Pokemon Battle revolution
    Sonic Unleashed
    Sonic Rings

-I can't think of anything else right now-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back