• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Man's Sky HYPE!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Gonna also throw a wet blanket on this - No Man's Sky started as an Indie favourite but has become a Publisher cash-cow which is likely to disappoint those who've paid a full ~$60 for the title. It looks to be a technical marvel, and there's certainly no denying that. However it seems to be severely lacking in a "fun factor", No Man's Sky looks like a pretty amazing tech demo from a AAA company. However without proper direction (which is what I think the game lacks) I feel it'll just become a aimless sandbox.

I really wish the Publishers didn't spend so much time marketing after the initial release hype, it made people anticipate something they're not going to get. This is still an Indie company, an Indie company charging AAA prices. No Man's Sky will feel like the amazing world you'd like someone like Bioware to create, without the storyline or multiplayer element it sorely seems to lack.

My last hope is that the survival and exploration are EXTREMELY enticing to warrant such a price tag.

Years
>aimless sandbox

We seem to be getting exactly what was announced 3 years ago (with added NPCs). It isn't going to have a huge narrative or cut scenes but the lore you piece together should hopefully make exploration feel purposeful. Interviews/demos with Sean Murray indicate that they are leaving lots out, which makes sense considering exploration is an important part. I'm excited to see what they have in store for us in regards to the center of the universe.

I'm glad they haven't added traditional multiplayer right off the bat. Clearly wasn't what the dev wanted, at least for the opening months. I wouldn't mind a group exploration type mode but I'm not sure about combat based ones.

As for the pricing - Doesn't bother me. Yearly releases like FIfa and COD go out partially finished and cost people even more. NMS is worth the risk.

Even if the game does end up sucking i wouldn't mind paying 50 pounds for an infinite 65daysofstatic album anyeay.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
So psyched for the game to drop. Probably going to get lost in the universe for at least a week. Set some time off so I can pick it up and play.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I'm really hyped for this game, but the issue I have with it is that it's got basically no multiplayer. I was hyped to be able to play this with others, and playing it alone feels kind of daunting and lonely.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Years
>only takes 10 hours to complete

Pretty sure the people that managed this essentially used a money cheat. Exploiting trade so that they could buy expensive ships in minutes instead of hours. Known exploits were removed during the day 1 patch. I stayed in the first system for about 5 hours before moving on.

>multiplayer

It is multiplayer but not traditional. The thing with 2 people being in the same place but not seeing each other looks like it was first day gremlins caused by the huge number of people playing.

>reviews

People are sad. Both positive and negative reviews were being posted - even before the game was out.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I heard that it isn't going to be proper multiplayer :/

Anybody else thinking it's way too expensive also?

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
Years
Well, the steam launch today was horrible. The game isn't running for a good bunch of the people and severely lagging/crashing often for those that get it to work.

For myself, I'm stuck at the title screen. Caught in an infinite loop of passing stars that can only be closed by exiting via the task manager. Hopefully they'll patch the issues soon cause it looks like a great game to me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I managed to start the game and move around a few steps on the planet. Not much lag, but the interface was so weird... The exit button is in the Options menu, and in order to click anything I need to press and hold the mouse button for a bit. Did they port it directly from PS4? O.o

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I don't know much about the game, I think I will get it when I buy a PS4, but so far I've mostly seen three things:
  • The outcry when it was revealed that the game would be sold at a triple-A price despite being an indie game (that, in a way, I can maybe, probably understand) .
  • Sony DMCAing not only videos of the leak, but also videos of people simply talking about it without any in-game footage or screenshots. MundaneMatt, for instance, go two strikes, once for talking about the game and showing it back when it was leaked, and once for reuploading the same video without any content from the game itself. The first strike is understandable, but the second one shouldn't have happened. From what I see on Twitter, Sony just now released the copyright strikes.
  • A rabid fanbase. For instance, Jim Sterling, who reviewed the game as "mediocre", got his website DDOSed for it. Here's more of him talking about the whole thing (strong language, sorry) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_HEI8ZfDbM

EDIT: I can't stop laughing at this video (it's not to be taken seriously ;) ) :

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I don't know much about the game, I think I will get it when I buy a PS4, but so far I've mostly seen three things:
  • The outcry when it was revealed that the game would be sold at a triple-A price despite being an indie game (that, in a way, I can maybe, probably understand) .
  • Sony DMCAing not only videos of the leak, but also videos of people simply talking about it without any in-game footage or screenshots. MundaneMatt, for instance, go two strikes, once for talking about the game and showing it back when it was leaked, and once for reuploading the same video without any content from the game itself. The first strike is understandable, but the second one shouldn't have happened. From what I see on Twitter, Sony just now released the copyright strikes.
  • A rabid fanbase. For instance, Jim Sterling, who reviewed the game as "mediocre", got his website DDOSed for it. Here's more of him talking about the whole thing (strong language, sorry) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_HEI8ZfDbM

EDIT: I can't stop laughing at this video (it's not to be taken seriously ;) ) :

Thanks to /r/NoMansSkyTheGame, that's not even the worse part.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
guys I JUST TAMED A LIZARD and it squealed cutely and smiled at me and then ran around finding me rare materials. I basically got an alien lizard dog.

Spoiler:

Also smh I just sold my Heridium at the space station and there's nothing on this planet so now I'll have to buy it back argh

Back