• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen No more legendaries! Please!

What will the New Legendaries be?

• The new legendary will have created the big bang. the Birth of Arceus

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • The new legendaries will be the parents of Arceus, his Mommy and Daddy ^^

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No New Legendaries. Or Minor ones.. eg Manaphy, Phione

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Legendaries that solve a purpose with nothing to do with Arceus

Votes: 63 76.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanatos13

Pokemon Whisperer
Years
  • I think that would be a cool direction to take it in personally. I want to know how everything was created. ^_^

juanhbk1

Somewhere in the Middle?
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2016
    Arceus was a mistake.... I mean how can you beat the creator of the universe?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    He did create the univese, the sinnoh legend says this Pokemon was born from a egg in a vast emptiness with is like gods from all myths were born that created the universe. The new legendary will most likely not have anything to do with Arceus and creations.
    which means the new legendary should be so 'legendary' after all. I mean yeah Sinnoh's legendaries were great (well most), and it will forever be known as the region with the most legndaries but black and white should have simple legendaries. You can't get any bigger than Arceus being the god of pokemon and Dialga and Palkia creating space and time. Perhaps we won't even get any new legendaries or just a few. Unless Nintendo goes with the big bang theory--and I doubt they will cause it will just confuse younger players--or uses some other theory from astronomy. There is always the day (harness of energy a.k.a. light that allows all life to exist, think how our sun gives life to our planet) and night, idk about this but I did learn in biology of light and dark photosynthesis so they could get a little sciencey on us :D

Arceus was a mistake.... I mean how can you beat the creator of the universe?

I think Arceus was sort of a mistake too. I think Arceus should have just been the god of the sinnoh region, maybe the one that created it (though this could conflict w/ Kyogre and Groudon). Say the pokemon regions were all created during different eras and periods of time with legendary pokemon being the first to inhabit them, thus bringing life to the region. Say the pokemon world was once connected on one super-continent though slowly drifted apart and that is how the variety of pokemon came to be, etc.

Last edited:
    Years
  • There's no reason the new region can't have its own creator-of-the-universe pokemon. The real world has a hundred gods who all somehow created everything while never mentioning the other 99. The games could do the same. You'd have to stop taking all that creator talk literally, but would that be so bad?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • ...or you guys could all think about this: They're legendary pokemon because the legends of their exploits are just that...legends.

Arceus is a powerful pokemon, yes, but not invincible in battle. Perhaps he's just an extremely powerful and rare pokemon with limited ability to create life, but ancient civilizations in Sinnoh portrayed him as a god for their convenience, and the stigma stuck.

I personally hate using this analogy because it contradicts what I really believe, but think of it as how ancient people in the real world couldn't explain the origins of the earth, so they pinned it on their mythological being of choice, be it the judeo-christian God, the greco-roman Gods, or the various native American gods, despite the fact that these beings may or may not exist and their powers may or may not be highly overstated.

As I see it, Isshu's set of legendary pokemon could all have parallels to previous generations because of the real-world phenomenon of every major civilization having its own set of beliefs and mythology. Isshu is apparently a distant land with a completely different culture and set of mythology.

Where Sinnohans believe Arceus created the universe in their mythology, Isshuans may believe that the GenV big legendary created the universe within their mythology

Where Hoennites believe Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza created the balance of the land and the sea in their mythology, Isshuans might believe that their legendary duo created the land and the sea in their mythology.

etc...

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • He did create the univese, the sinnoh legend says this Pokemon was born from a egg in a vast emptiness with is like gods from all myths were born that created the universe. The new legendary will most likely not have anything to do with Arceus and creations.

Meh, different sources different beliefs. GF could add 50 more (G/g)od Pokemon and still be "correct," in doing so. I mean he could just be one (G/g)od in a complex overworld. Heck he could be Hercules to Sinnoh. New legendaries probably won't have anything to do with Arceus but they could and by no means would they be wrong in creating said Pokemon. People read way to much (or not enough, however you want to put it) into Arceus' God status.

There's no reason the new region can't have its own creator-of-the-universe pokemon. The real world has a hundred gods who all somehow created everything while never mentioning the other 99. The games could do the same. You'd have to stop taking all that creator talk literally, but would that be so bad?

...or you guys could all think about this: They're legendary pokemon because the legends of their exploits are just that...legends.

Arceus is a powerful pokemon, yes, but not invincible in battle. Perhaps he's just an extremely powerful and rare pokemon with limited ability to create life, but ancient civilizations in Sinnoh portrayed him as a god for their convenience, and the stigma stuck.

I personally hate using this analogy because it contradicts what I really believe, but think of it as how ancient people in the real world couldn't explain the origins of the earth, so they pinned it on their mythological being of choice, be it the judeo-christian God, the greco-roman Gods, or the various native American gods, despite the fact that these beings may or may not exist and their powers may or may not be highly overstated.

As I see it, Isshu's set of legendary pokemon could all have parallels to previous generations because of the real-world phenomenon of every major civilization having its own set of beliefs and mythology. Isshu is apparently a distant land with a completely different culture and set of mythology.

Where Sinnohans believe Arceus created the universe in their mythology, Isshuans may believe that the GenV big legendary created the universe within their mythology

Where Hoennites believe Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza created the balance of the land and the sea in their mythology, Isshuans might believe that their legendary duo created the land and the sea in their mythology.

etc...

Beat me too it. :P Exactly that!

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Here is my Fanon-theory involving Arceus:

Mew is involved. Mew (once categorized as more then just the "New Species Pokemon") is what I call "The Infinity Pokemon". Mew represents infinite capabilities, infinite happiness, as well as infinite awe. I also believe that Mew has existed infinitely, existing in all concievable time points, making it older than time itself. It did die however. During the end of it's life, it went back in time to the "before time" and in it's dying sadness, layed the egg of Arceus and it's OWN EGG. That's right. Mew layed it's own egg. That's almost as twisted as Fry being his own grandfather (Futurama reference). So I believe Arceus is the Spawn of Mew and so is Mew.

As for the new legendary Pokemon, I think there should be a Yin and Yang themed Pokemon duo. One Pokemon who controls Evil and Darkness, and one Pokemon which represents Justice and Good. And I think a Cosmo based Pokemon would be nice. By that I mean a Pokemon which represents the night sky and therefore the universe.

Anyways, good question! I hope my fanon clears a few things up!

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    bibarrel should be a legendary considering how awesome it is, it can learn just about any hm besides fly, seriously bibarrel> Arceus.

creating a god pokemon is the biggest mistake they have ever made, but i want to see if/how they are going to undig themselves out of this hole. (almost used naughty language)

thedgr05

Tower of Doom creator
    Years
  • There are enough legendaries. I say, put some old previously-unacquirable legendaries, such as Celebi, into Black and White so you don't need to go to events to get them. That way, people can add legendaries to their team that they've never had before, but the number of legendaries doesn't get any higher than it already is.

I support his idea. It could be best to use mew/celebi as White/Black legendaries
    And to use Deoxys for the 3rd game. Instead of adding 3, 7, or 10 new legendaries.

EDIT: As for new legendaries, just 3 more will be ok, like Ying/Yang pokemon and the Karma pokemon. Assuming the new region being in China it does fit.

Last edited:

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i dont know if anyone has noticed this but they always add however many were in the last game plus an extra four (not counting gen 1) generation 2 had 6 legendaries, generation 3 had 10 and generation 4 had 14 total legendaries added. so if they continue it would be 18 new legendaries for this generation :/

i dont know if that pattern is true but i hope not, i dont want that many new legendaries, at the most 5 new ones

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    They went WAY overboard with 14 legendaries, I just hope at most they do 5 or 6.

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
  • Which came first: The Arceus or the egg?

But seriously, yes, <14 please. But we all know too well, there'll be about 17 this gen, as much as we hate to admit it.
    "When everything's legendary, nothing will be" < QFT

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • Which came first: The Arceus or the egg?

Wow... a new, philosophical question enters the realm. Wait a minute, didn't Arceus come from the egg? There goes that :\

Anyways, I really like the way Timbjerr put it, what with the legendary acts being just the stuff of legends and not much more. Because there are other legendaries that can easily counter Arceus (given the set Arceus has isn't specifically crafted to counter said counter :P), so it's kind of strange thinking that the god of Pokemon is indeed conquerable...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Wow... a new, philosophical question enters the realm. Wait a minute, didn't Arceus come from the egg? There goes that :\

Anyways, I really like the way Timbjerr put it, what with the legendary acts being just the stuff of legends and not much more. Because there are other legendaries that can easily counter Arceus (given the set Arceus has isn't specifically crafted to counter said counter :P), so it's kind of strange thinking that the god of Pokemon is indeed conquerable...
    all this means is that Arceus is a conquerable god like Uranus, and Chronos in Greek mythology Chronos overthrew uranus, Zeus overthrew Chronos and it was even said that Zeus will eventually be overthrown...Arceus name comes from Zeus...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • There's no reason the new gen even needs to go bigger or better than Arceus, either. Gen II and III did fine without surpassing Mew's level of plot power.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • For the love of God, this! Part of my dissapointment with Gen IV rests on this issue. I think there were something like 8000 legendaries in it? All of which were stupid. If Game Freak ever create another Pokemon as bad as Heatran, I might just loose faith in the whole legendary concept all together.

The Legendaries were awesome even in Gen III. Gen IV killed the speciality, IMO.

If they're going to make any more in this version, they should create absolutely no more than 5, and any other legendaries should only be obtainable by trade.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure the legendaries this time will focus upon balance because balance -> Yin Yang, Black and White, etc.

Anyways, with more legendaries come more challenges and goals for us to complete.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back