• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen No more legendaries! Please!

What will the New Legendaries be?

• The new legendary will have created the big bang. the Birth of Arceus

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • The new legendaries will be the parents of Arceus, his Mommy and Daddy ^^

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No New Legendaries. Or Minor ones.. eg Manaphy, Phione

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Legendaries that solve a purpose with nothing to do with Arceus

Votes: 63 76.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Myles

Seriously?
Years
  • I'd say, eight legendaries at least: mascot trio, normal trio, final (a la Mewtwo and Heatran) and cute out-of-game obtainable.

With the Internet, most people would be able to get the latter. Otheriwse they could even do a password to obtain the event item, like with Manaphy. Although, I wouldn't mind another duo for some sidequests too.

Years
  • D/P/Pt gave me the impression they were rushin as many ideas for legendaries as possible in fear of pokemon endin -_-"

I believe this is too true to be an opinion.

Look, personally, they can make as many legends as they want. Just don't expect me to catch them all for the sake of having a complete Pokedex of 593 or whatever.

EDIT: I don't believe that all the legendaries are even necessary. While they are great tie-ins to stories and whatnot, I think Mew should have been as far as they went with the "God" type thing. I say this all the time, but I don't find it correct that Arceus isn't in the first game EVEN though he's supposed to be the creator of the Universe or whatever.
    4-5 legends are enough. If they make anymore, PLEASE don't tie them into the story. It's too damn confusing. And on that note, don't make them look idiotic.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    I hope we don't have as many legends as we did last season.
    idk I don't really like to use legends anyways, I'd rather have a team of pokemon I raised. That's just me. lol
    Plus that whole Dialga vs Palkia vs Darkrai vs Shaymin vs Giratina vs Arceus thing was too much for me. :( lol

Edit:
    I hope the new box art legends are psychic and dark for some reason. rofl
    I think it'd benefit the whole black and white, yin and yang. ( for some reason when I see psychic pokemon I think of the color white.)

Last edited:

Kid Ghandi

Ninja Squirtle
    Years
  • There doesn't need to be anymore legendary Pokemon, there are already Pokemon for every natural element, flight, the sun, the sky, every human emotion, GOD (Arceus)

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    There doesn't need to be anymore legendary Pokemon, there are already Pokemon for every natural element, flight, the sun, the sky, every human emotion, GOD (Arceus)

I disagree with that. The game wouldn't be as exciting without the legends.
    And you can make more legends of the same type. For example Mew/ Mewtwo of the first gen. and Mesprit/Azelf/ uxie of the fourth.

btw, I'm totally not bashing your opinion. lol
    So if you got that vibe, I'm sorry. D:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Arceus was a mistake.... I mean how can you beat the creator of the universe?

I thought the same for a while, until I thought of a few different matters. I mean, just because it's the creator of the universe doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be last in the pokedex. I believe that the pokedex goes in order of pokemon discovered and not their power, obviously that's a little loose but I still think that it doesn't go in a way that Arceus needs to be last.

With that said, I'm open to the possibility of there being other god like pokemon, as Scarf said; there doesn't necessarily need to be one god and one god only.

Arceus has had many myths surrounding it but there's no doubt that it is the creator, though who knows, there could have been something before Arceus that pokemon have yet to discover, that's the beauty of the franchise.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • New generations mean new legendaries. It`s unavoidable. But nothing can be as sacred as Mew, the ancester of all Pokemon! They already crossed the line with Arceus being a god.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I like legendary Pokemon. Needs moar, but not very many. Say, mascots, a trio (maybe), and one or two event-type Pokemon. But not more than that.

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • If you think about it, Ho-oh was golden and Lugia was silver, Groudon was ruby red and Kyogre was sapphire blue, and Dialga and Palkia were grayish (diamond / pearl), so we can expect one Black legendary and one White legendary, possibly of Dark and Light types.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • If you think about it, Ho-oh was golden and Lugia was silver, Groudon was ruby red and Kyogre was sapphire blue, and Dialga and Palkia were grayish (diamond / pearl), so we can expect one Black legendary and one White legendary, possibly of Dark and Light types.

I never thought about it like that. That`s a very good point! There`s no light type and there haven`t been any new types for two (almost three) generations now, but if they do make any, light has to be one of them.

LikeUberHackFan

Pokemon Addict
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    I'm just wondering as to why I made this thread, I made the poll and now It has been changed to a new title and a new owner of the thread. But yet it's still using my poll.

Could someone explain how my thread was changed and if so why?
    I'm sure I did not break any of the fourm rules and if it was changed for no reason well thats just rude.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'm just wondering as to why I made this thread, I made the poll and now It has been changed to a new title and a new owner of the thread. But yet it's still using my poll.

Could someone explain how my thread was changed and if so why?
    I'm sure I did not break any of the fourm rules and if it was changed for no reason well thats just rude.

It was merged with an existing thread already on the subject of possible GenV legendaries. That's all.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • In my opinion, they're legendaries. There are not supposed to be many of them, so what is the point of making tens of legends every new generation? It defeats the point of making them 'legends'.

Legend does not equal rare
    Legend does not equal one of a kind
    Legends are mystical

Nuff said?

AuraGaurdian

Protector of auras
    Years
  • Legends = Challenges

Hmmmm... Ive always thought of legendary pokemon as a way to test my catching skills though I would never use them Id usually just trade them for something I wanted
    so yeah I guess I do want more legendary pokemon cause for me
    more legends=more chances to test myself.

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
  • I like legendary Pokémon however I hope we don't see too many in Gen.5 ( 3 max )
    I would like to see good dessigns and good battle abilities
    A trio would be great , perhaps a trio that fight against eachother but have not been seen since the last battle between them that took place long ago after a huge blast that seperated them around the region ( Just an idea ) :S

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Actually, legendaries are one of the main reasons I'm still with Pokemon. :D Constantly, I'm envisioning epic battles with them. But I agree, Sinnoh's count was a bit excessive:

Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina were OK because they're the version mascots
    Mesprit, Azelf, and UXLE (Uxie sounds crappy) looked like cheap Lati@s ripoffs when I first saw them, but they've grown into their own niche. As the trio, they were necessary too.

I'm glad Regigigas was introduced because I felt the Regis didn't have a proper master among the Weather Trio. And this was the only where it could be introduced properly, as it references events/Pokemon from the immediately preceding Gen. If it were added in Gen V or later, that would look simply too out of place.

Heatran is awesome (as well as its backstory) but I feel it could've been saved for a future generation. It doesn't really fit as a version mascot IMO because it's a bit too reminiscent of Groudon from Pokemon Ruby Version. That, and I don't really see what could counterpart it...

Introducing Shaymin and Manaphy in the same generation is just...unnecessary. One 'cute' legend per gen... Seeing as Shaymin got more recognition with the release of Platinum, I'd say Manaphy should've waited for another Gen (its title 'Prince of the Seas' irks me, because we already have 2 Legendaries that have major associations with the seas as well as being version mascots: Lugia and Kyogre). Phione was just an unnecessary waste of PokeDex space.

Lucario, despite not being an official legendary, IMO serves as DPPt's 'humanoid' legendary, similar to Mewtwo and Deoxys in the past. Zoroark technically fits this for Black and White as well (I know, not an official legendary since he evolves from Zorua)

Darkrai IMO could've been introduced by himself, but Cresselia is not a bad counterpart. They resemble RSE's Lati@s for me.

For me, Arceus's introduction, design, and backstory are awesome. Perhaps it would have been fitting to introduce it as the last Pokemon ever, but it's fine where it is. It's actually more proper since time, space, and antimatter (what the reality/dragon trio members embody) can be seen, in some aspects, as the foundations that constitute reality. Arceus as a version mascot wouldn't fit, though, due to its sheer importance...unless it were counterparted by a Pokemon representing pure destruction as opposed to creation (assumed by some at first to be Giratina, but not really since Giratina is subject to Arceus and can't really counterpart it).

So, aside from Heatran and Manaphy (and Arceus sort of), I believe Gen IV's legends were justified for the most part. I'll let the overinclusion of legends slide for this Gen IV, but that's it. There should be a limit on how many are introduced per Gen, or 'legendary' status just becomes a term that's not special anymore...

Black and White, IMO, should have:

3 Legendary Version Mascots
    A New Trio (please, something other than red, blue, and yellow all the time! What about green, purple, orange?)
    One Cute Legendary
    Humanoid Legendary (Zoroark already satisfies this condition for me)

Possibly a Lati@s-esque Duo or a standalone (could expand exploration time in game)

The count comes out to 8 Legendaries per Gen for me. 9-11 could be warranted if the duo/standalone has an actual purpose for being added such as a new backstory, moves, abilities, more usage in battles; and/or if it complements the other legendaries...

EDIT: And please, can we axe event legendaries? Not everyone has Wi-Fi or the time/ability to get to an event...

Actually, legendaries are one of the main reasons I'm still with Pokemon. :D Constantly, I'm envisioning epic battles with them. But I agree, Sinnoh's count was a bit excessive:

Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina were OK because they're the version mascots
    Mesprit, Azelf, and UXLE (Uxie sounds crappy) looked like cheap Lati@s ripoffs when I first saw them, but they've grown into their own niche. As the trio, they were necessary too.

I'm glad Regigigas was introduced because I felt the Regis didn't have a proper master among the Weather Trio. And this was the only where it could be introduced properly, as it references events/Pokemon from the immediately preceding Gen. If it were added in Gen V or later, that would look simply too out of place.

Heatran is awesome (as well as its backstory) but I feel it could've been saved for a future generation. It doesn't really fit as a version mascot IMO because it's a bit too reminiscent of Groudon from Pokemon Ruby Version. That, and I don't really see what could counterpart it...

Introducing Shaymin and Manaphy in the same generation is just...unnecessary. One 'cute' legend per gen... Seeing as Shaymin got more recognition with the release of Platinum, I'd say Manaphy should've waited for another Gen (its title 'Prince of the Seas' irks me, because we already have 2 Legendaries that have major associations with the seas as well as being version mascots: Lugia and Kyogre). Phione was just an unnecessary waste of PokeDex space.

Lucario, despite not being an official legendary, IMO serves as DPPt's 'humanoid' legendary, similar to Mewtwo and Deoxys in the past. Zoroark technically fits this for Black and White as well (I know, not an official legendary since he evolves from Zorua)

Darkrai IMO could've been introduced by himself, but Cresselia is not a bad counterpart. They resemble RSE's Lati@s for me.

For me, Arceus's introduction, design, and backstory are awesome. Perhaps it would have been fitting to introduce it as the last Pokemon ever, but it's fine where it is. It's actually more proper since time, space, and antimatter (what the reality/dragon trio members embody) can be seen, in some aspects, as the foundations that constitute reality. Arceus as a version mascot wouldn't fit, though, due to its sheer importance...unless it were counterparted by a Pokemon representing pure destruction as opposed to creation (assumed by some at first to be Giratina, but not really since Giratina is subject to Arceus and can't really counterpart it).

So, aside from Heatran and Manaphy (and Arceus sort of), I believe Gen IV's legends were justified for the most part. I'll let the overinclusion of legends slide for this Gen IV, but that's it. There should be a limit on how many are introduced per Gen, or 'legendary' status just becomes a term that's not special anymore...

Black and White should have:

3 Legendary Version Mascots
    A New Trio (please, something other than red, blue, and yellow all the time! What about green, purple, orange?)
    One Cute Legendary
    Humanoid Legendary (Zoroark already satisfies this condition for me)

Possibly a Lati@s-esque Duo or a standalone (could expand exploration time in game)

The count comes out to 8 Legendaries per Gen for me. 9-11 could be warranted if the duo/standalone has an actual purpose for being added such as a new backstory, moves, abilities, more usage in battles; and/or if it complements the other legendaries...

Last edited:

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I do believe that obtaining legendaries should be a sidequest type of thing instead of having a whole event leading up to it. I totally agree with the original post.

Ger Japa

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Yes, Mew used to be the creator of everything and now Arceus creates the universe and everything by its 1000 arms. So I'm wondering who was born first after all: Mew or Arceus? And so what great myths will they create for 5th gen legendaries now? Create the material for the big bang? hmmmmmmmm

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back