• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen No more legendaries! Please!

What will the New Legendaries be?

• The new legendary will have created the big bang. the Birth of Arceus

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • The new legendaries will be the parents of Arceus, his Mommy and Daddy ^^

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No New Legendaries. Or Minor ones.. eg Manaphy, Phione

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Legendaries that solve a purpose with nothing to do with Arceus

Votes: 63 76.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
10ptu2e.png

Oof. Guess we got more. If thats a light type. I'm quitting.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
No more God Legendary "Pokemon", please! I hope there will be not much of legendary. too many legendaries make them lose their legendary "feels"

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
Years
I've recently come to have an apathetic attitude about legendaries. I rarely catch them and never put them on my teams because I like the idea of using common pokemon to beat the games with.

They can add as many legendaries as they want this time around. Let the under 10 crowd and the fervent collectors have their fun. I'll be building a team out of pokemon that are actually fun to use. XD

I could not have said it better myself. :)

I think I stopped caring about the legendaries after g/s/c. It got to the point where they just felt useless, and, unless your one of 'those' trainers whose whole team is a legendary clusterphoque or a collector, what's the point? Completing your dex is fine, but I'm sure having 80+ 'legends' to chase takes the fun out of it.

And yes, Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf are the same thing. Dumb, and a real pain to get.

I know I must sound negative, but, think about it. When you caught Mewtwo, it was a thrill. When you caught Heatran....?

Edit: YES! If they make a light type, then I will have to forfeit my trainer status as well. Psychic already covers 'light' to begin with.

Last edited:

Myles

Seriously?
Years
I'm a collector and I don't think I trained legendaries, ever. I think 80+ legendaries would just makes it more fun to catch them.

I might have to hold you guys to that quiting if the Light-type is introduced, lol. :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2012
lol I doubt it's a light type. I think it's psychic and flying and the other one is dark and flying. But mehhh I hated them both when I first seen them, but the bright one is kinda growing on me. lol

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Yes, Mew used to be the creator of everything and now Arceus creates the universe and everything by its 1000 arms. So I'm wondering who was born first after all: Mew or Arceus? And so what great myths will they create for 5th gen legendaries now? Create the material for the big bang? hmmmmmmmm

Like I said earlier in the thread, it's best to not take the legendary pokemon's legends literally. They're called legends because they're passed down by word of mouth over many generations and could be oversensationalized throughout time and the pokemno in question's powers may be highly overstated. :P

Even still, I don't recall ever hearing that Mew created anything. It was simply stated that Mew was the ancestor of every living pokemon, which does somewhat contradict with the legend of Arceus creating everything, but that's why it's best to not take legends literally. XD

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
I think there should be seven legendaries, two for the mascots of the basic games, a third for the mascot of the third (Special) game, three for a trio, and one cutsy one. No more, no less.

Even still, I don't recall ever hearing that Mew created anything. It was simply stated that Mew was the ancestor of every living pokemon, which does somewhat contradict with the legend of Arceus creating everything, but that's why it's best to not take legends literally. XD
Well, if Arceus created everything, and Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon, other than the obvious Arceus should come after Mew, I see no contradiction here, and that can be explained by not really seeing Arceus as a "pokemon" persay.

T33nyTurtwig

:D :D :D
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2010
Ok. The white legendary, Reshiram, is Fire/Dragon Type. Not Light. Zekrom, the black legend, is Electric/Dragon. Their actually Decent types. What confuses me ALOT about legends is how mew and arceus can be together. Mew is the Ancestor of all pokes, so Arceus should be from mew, but then Arceus created the world.(Dialga & Palkia are in this too, cos Mew can only be there if there was a Time-Space Continuum.) So did Mew come from nothing and become Arceus, who created the world, or was Arceus first.???

For the main topic:
3 Main legends (Zekrom, Reshiram and the 3rd Game mascot(if its there))
A Trio.
^^ the two just stated should be involved with the game plot.
1 Cutiepie Pokemon (Oh yeah, by the way, Phione isnt a legendary.)
1 Post Story Legendary. Involved with Team Plasma, but the post story needs to be longer, unlike in D/P/Pt, where you meet buck , walk in, beat up 2 galactic admins, they quit team galactic, you go through a cave, you goto the end, you get a 15 sec cut-scene, you finish, you go through the cave again for the legendary. Too boring.
More things please, and stuff leading to it, and stuff after it.
A Pair of legends. After the main story, maybe a little sidequest for them, Like getting an item for something and then they roam.
Please no more god legends.
Hopefully they have Good legends associated with Legendary Pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Please don't post in threads that have been dead for over a month.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back