• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

North Korea threatens to wipe the US off the map.

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
    North Korea's threats? I highly doubt they'll take everyone in the US out. If anything, war will break out.

between them is bad but world war 3 would be worse
    together as a planet we can destroy the earth XD
    I think they are just threatening the US because look at the differance in size and also the US have the bigger and better weapons and it is (if it happens hope not) US will hit them harder

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    The KPA (Korean Peoples Army) is huge. However, their equipment is not as formidable as the U.S. Army.. Kim Jong-il and (deceased) Kim Il-sung have created a hellish dystopia where there is no freedom of thought and it's one big prison camp. The DPRK centers around the army.

Not only do they not have the technology to wipe America out, they don't have to man power, or allies to. They get most of their supplies from China and Russia (except for weapon materials) and by threatening us, they are making China and Russia mad. Meh, if they start another war they will loose. They just aren't strong enough.
    Exactly.. however they are a bit stronger then you may think as all of their money goes to the army. I doubt China will get involved although they are warning against sanctions on the DPRK.

I can think of two big reasons they're developing weapons. It gives them leverage to bargain and demand more in negotiations with other countries and it gives them a sense of national pride, which is always useful for turning people's attention away from domestic problems (and North Korea has plenty of those).
    Well, the problem is.. the people are in the dark. Seriously. https://strangemaps.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/1207koreaelectricitygrikf0.jpg
    :( so sad.. they are told they live in the greatest system in the world

(what happened to Obama's "world without nuclear weapons?)

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    Oh no. This sounds like those "mass destruction" weapons supposedly buried in Iraq that we never found....:/
    And why exactly were we "trailing" a North Korean ship anyways?

hm. North Korea, the threat is real, they are a loose cannon (no pun intended xD)
    and Kim Jong-il... is crazy :laugh:
    They should not be allowed to have nukes. If anyone believes their propaganda of "satellites" and "defense purposes" ... xD I dunno what to say

DPRK and the US are very different countries.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I hate how North Korea think they're so above us all. They're so violent towards everyone else. They really shouldn't allowed to be a communist country. This just sounds awful.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    If America get into a war, then England will be pulled into it. Oh joy.
    WW3...:(
    I hate how countries threaten eachother, it just doesn't seem right, but if the US are tailing the ships then it's quite right they should defend eachother...

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Oh don't even think about a WW3, that'd just be awful. But nowadays things are a little more civelized and I'm sure everything could be neutralised quite quickly.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years

Let's not say that eh? As much as I enjoy serving the United States, I'd be really pissed if I was apart of WW3. NO JINXING!

Anyways, if anything was to start, it'd be one helluva of a war. North Korea goes to war, you can guarantee their friend China is right behind them and that's the last thing America needs right now fighting the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Luckily we'd probably have England and every other European country behind us as well as Japan and probably Russia (iffy on them) and Australia. But it'd be a war we can't afford.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Technically the Korean War never ended.

When I read this I laughed. I laughed really hard. Not only do they not have the technology to wipe America out, they don't have to man power, or allies to. They get most of their supplies from China and Russia (except for weapon materials) and by threatening us, they are making China and Russia mad. Meh, if they start another war they will loose. They just aren't strong enough.
    They have the man power. They have allies.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017

Not really. Their only ally that doesn't have important ties to us is Iran. Their only strong allies are China and Russia. Both would not attack us or help another country attack us. China and Russia benefit from us too much.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016

true and false at the same time. their "allies" are china and that's not really an ally. meanwhile they have manpower but very poor equipment. The US army, the greatest in the world, coupled with the allies would destroy North Korea.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
    true and false at the same time. their "allies" are china and that's not really an ally. meanwhile they have manpower but very poor equipment. The US army, the greatest in the world, coupled with the allies would destroy North Korea.

While that may be true more or less, America can't really afford to go to war right now. We're already stretched across the world with a lot of our fighting power in Afghan and Iraq. To go to war with Korea (and most likely China) would be very bad, even for 'the greatest in the world'.

Plus, I failed to mention earlier, but if **** was to pop off, I'd be pretty inclined to believe Iran might wanna dance a little too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    While that may be true more or less, America can't really afford to go to war right now. We're already stretched across the world with a lot of our fighting power in Afghan and Iraq. To go to war with Korea (and most likely China) would be very bad, even for 'the greatest in the world'.

hm. I agree although I believe the would-be war in North Korea (I hope it doesn't happen) would be of a higher priority then Af and Iraq

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
    hm. I agree although I believe the would-be war in North Korea (I hope it doesn't happen) would be of a higher priority then Af and Iraq

It certainly would be, but you have to understand from a military and political point of view, to just pull out of one area and go into another, is a very risky and dangerous maneuver.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Not really. Their only ally that doesn't have important ties to us is Iran. Their only strong allies are China and Russia. Both would not attack us or help another country attack us. China and Russia benefit from us too much.
    People change in the time of war.
    The U.S. Army is not the greatest in the world. I just wanted to clarify that. :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    The U.S. army is better than the North Korean army. Also, North Korea would be fighting South Korea and Japan as well as us.

And I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that Russia will give up the food we give it and China will give up the money we give it to fight for a country the benefits them in no way.

Back