• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

North Korea threatens to wipe the US off the map.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    "fire shower of nuclear retaliation"
    North Korean troops will respond to any sanctions or U.S. provocations with "an annihilating blow,"
    I lol'ed. Those are delusions of grandeur, poor, weak, helpless little North Korea
    Do they actually believe this?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    /me Epically laughs at this miserable excuse for a threat.

When they can successfully launch a missile to the White House and invade Hawaii with Storm Troopers while walking on water eating a Big Mac I will consider getting my clothes ready for going back to Mexico.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    offtopic regarding armies..
    Spoiler:

ontopic: their missiles don't even reach hawaii. another fail. the Norks are... pathetic

Last edited:

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
    Funny how people always complain about everyone else having nukes but never questions the U.S. It would not surprise me if the U.S. launches an attack in the future before N. Korea does anything.

This country is ridiculously hypocritical.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    Funny how people always complain about everyone else having nukes but never questions the U.S. It would not surprise me if the U.S. launches an attack in the future before N. Korea does anything.

that is ridiculous. you CANNOT COMPARE North Korea and the US. North Korea is so "bipolar." They will launch nukes regardless of whether the US provokes or not! People complain about Iran threatening to wipe Israel off the map and North Korea the same, does the US do that? I don't think ever. With Obama at the helm, the foreign policy is such that they will wait first.

You don't know what you're talking about need to do some research about North Korea and other countries before you accuse the U.S. of "launching an attack before N. Korea will do anything" as that is blatantly false, that would only happen if they attempted to nuke an ally.

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
    that is ridiculous. you CANNOT COMPARE North Korea and the US. North Korea is so "bipolar." They will launch nukes regardless of whether the US provokes or not! People complain about Iran threatening to wipe Israel off the map and North Korea the same, does the US do that? I don't think ever. With Obama at the helm, the foreign policy is such that they will wait first.

You don't know what you're talking about need to do some research about North Korea and other countries before you accuse the U.S. of "launching an attack before N. Korea will do anything" as that is blatantly false, that would only happen if they attempted to nuke an ally.

lol, you're pretty funny. You tell me to do research but I think you need to do some yourself. First off, I said it wouldn't surprise me if the U.S. attacked. I did not say the U.S. definitely would.

You sound like one of those people who like to make the U.S. gov't out to be total saints. Sorry to tell you that is not true. Why don't you take a trip down memory lane through U.S. history.

give me a break dude

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010

You can compare N. Korea to the United States. Both countries highly influence the world, whether it be in a good or bad way.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    lol, you're pretty funny. You tell me to do research but I think you need to do some yourself. First off, I said it wouldn't surprise me if the U.S. attacked. I did not say the U.S. definitely would.

You sound like one of those people who like to make the U.S. gov't out to be total saints. Sorry to tell you that is not true. Why don't you take a trip down memory lane through U.S. history.

give me a break dude

offtopic
    Spoiler:

https://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm <- That is the KCNA, aka Korean Propaganda. Let's see what they have to say about this..

The United Nations Security Council, at the instigation of the U.S., adopted a "resolution on sanctions" against the DPRK on June 12, taking issue with its second nuclear test.
    This is another foul product of the U.S.-led international oppression to disarm the DPRK and to suffocate it economically for forcing the Korean people to give up their idea and system.
    If the U.S. imperialists start another war, ignorant of the ignominious defeat they had sustained in the past Korean war, the army and people of Korea will determinedly answer "sanctions" with retaliation and "confrontation" with all-out confrontation, the counter-measure based on the Songun idea, wipe out the aggressors on the globe once and for all and achieve the cause of national reunification without fail.

hahaha lol we lost the Korean war? This is an insight into what the North Koreans believe

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years

See, this is what I'm afraid of-the US getting suspicious all over again. The North Koreans seem to be getting mad only because we keep butting in. Why can't the USA just let other countries be until further notice-which is, until they actually do something or until they prove they aren't attempting mass destruction? :/

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    Silly Kimmy, he's so cute. All he wants is attention. His nukes are horribly weak, and wouldn't be able to scratch the US. What a cute little imbecile he is.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    Maybe these kind of things wouldn't happen so often if the USA didn't go around nosing into other countries business, I mean really, do we always have to try to help everybody?!? We should care about what's happening in our country, not other countries that don't like us. But the North Korea nukes are really weak anyways so it's not like should have to worry about anything.....

Years
    Anyways, if anything was to start, it'd be one helluva of a war. North Korea goes to war, you can guarantee their friend China is right behind them and that's the last thing America needs right now fighting the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Luckily we'd probably have England and every other European country behind us as well as Japan and probably Russia (iffy on them) and Australia. But it'd be a war we can't afford.

I don't think we'll ever see WWIII, at least not one that looks anything like WWII. Globalization has made the world so interdependent that any country strong enough to fight a war large enough to be called WWIII would disrupt global trade, throwing its economy into chaos.

I hesitate to continue with the off-topic discussion, but...
    Spoiler:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    The US is stupid, I mean, it tries to poke itself in the business of everything. I mean, how would they feel if every country tried to butt-in on their business? They would retaliate. Whilst yes, I am a US Citizen, I refer to the US as a different entity, I refuse to intertwine myself with such idiocy. It is the US's fault, no one else's.

Years
    Okay people, you don't want to **** around with nukes. They're big scary things and just one can kill millions. This quote sums it up best:

But, back to the point, this isn't a video game. It's life and death we're talking about.

Can I get an amen? Yes North Korean nukes are comparatively weak but just one could take out a large portion of say Tokyo if they could get it there. Even if it's most likely that it's all talk and no walk we need to try to stop their research of long range missile technology. And yes we could win a nuclear war, but at what cost? In real life you can't take a Draco Meteor(several Nukes) let Blissey(the U.S. or Japan) take the blow and then K.O. the Salamence(NK) with Ice Beam(a rapid retaliation strike). Yes you would win, but at what cost?

I'm sorry if this post seems rambling, but I just don't happen to like the idea of putting millions of lives on the line because we think that this is another false alarm.

Last edited:

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
    they wouldn't dare...

korea have no reason to start a war with most of the main countries on this world, it's not like we've done anything serious. it's so stupid and unbelievable, it's probably not even a valid reason to just attack us.

they are people too. they couldn't just attack us like we have no feelings. it's not right.

edit: alright, I didn't have enough time to explain so it goes on...

north korea may be a powerful country with all its nuclear weapons and all, but it's not a serious enough reason to attack a whole country. they're just like, 'oh look, a boat watching us, it makes me angryzz!11!1 get ze nukes!1!!' useless.

as long as no countries even go near that kim guy, it'll be alright. he'd be a shameful person anyway if he dared to use nukes, it would ruin his name.

something tells me it's just another argument which will end up being forgotten.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Prepare for a long essay, boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen...

Before I give my opinion, can we just stop with the USA/North Korea comparisons? They're really ridiculous. Yeah, the United States has done a lot of bad things in the past. Wiping out the native Americans (even after independence, just ask Andrew Jackson), imperialism in Latin America and Hawaii, the Mexican War, slavery, ridiculous actions during the Cold War because of our fear of communism (like backing the oppressive Shah in Iran, for example), segregation, our actions against Japanese Americans during WWII...the list goes on. I could list the bad things we've done all day. There isn't a country on earth that hasn't done bad things. But the United States doesn't let their population starve so that the "Dear Leader" can have whatever he wants, indoctrinate the population from birth, and imprison entire families in labor camps because one family member tried to fight for a chance in life. North Korea is basically a miniature Soviet Union (in a lot of ways). It's kind of like you're comparing the USA to the USSR, and I really don't think anyone is going to argue that the USA was the bad guy in the Cold War (besides North Korea lol). It's easy to be cynical about the many bad things the United States has done in the past and even very recently (torture...=\), but North Korea is way more evil than us. If you're seriously arguing that we're being hypocritical because we don't want North Korea to turn Tokyo or Waikiki into a nuclear wasteland yet we have nukes, you're either dangerously anti-American or just plain uninformed. Yeah, we have nuclear weapons too, so what? We haven't used any since Nagasaki, and Japan was ironically a matter of saving lives, and you can't forget that Japan was the one who picked the fight with China, then the rest of East Asia, and then the United States. Yeah, it kind of sucks when your government is controlled by militarists...but ours isn't. A nuclear weapon in the hands of Adolf Hitler (thank God that didn't happen) or Kim Jong Il is a lot different than a nuclear weapon in the hands of Nicolas Sarkozy or Barack Obama. Our nuclear weapons are for defensive purposes only...even the Russians used then for defensive purposes (otherwise they probably would have launched them lol). The problem is that we don't know what North Korea is going to do with their weapons (which is also part of the problem with Iran because of their potential reasoning to just attack someone like Israel); if it's for self-defense, we're fine. Of course, Kim Jong Il is a maniac [/understatement], so if he plans to be an aggressor, things become more complicated, and we obviously have to prepare for that scenario. And I don't even want to here this "omg we're meddling" crap. Innocent lives are at stake here. Wanting to get rid of a country that is potentially a very real threat (even though we would win the war, though at a huge cost in human lives) is not meddling. I mean yeah, Britain and France were meddling with Hitler by declaring war two days after he invaded Poland, but sometimes meddling is necessary. Obviously, North Korea isn't the threat that Nazi Germany was as far as influence and control of the world, but they could very easily inflict a grave human cost on the Pacific Rim. If you want to be cynical and go "oh the USA is just a big meddling bully", you go right ahead, but blaming the US government for wanting to protect people is a pretty bad position to take. Our meddling is to protect people, whereas the Soviet Union meddled directly in Eastern Europe with the Warsaw Pact and Brezhnev Doctrine. It's not like we're trying to turn North Korea into a colony (or in Russia's case a satellite); we're trying to protect people. and really, it's not "meddling" when the United States itself is potentially threatened (not to mention Japan and other countries under our nuclear umbrella, which would also mean war with North Korea should they attack one of those nations [probably Japan]). I saw one post about North Korea and the USa both being highly influential as well. The United States creams North Korea in influence. Actually, North Korea was a result of Russian and Chinese influence (especially the latter in the Korean War). North Korea's economy is horrible...WAY worse than ours, and while they have a very strong military, they don't have many options when it comes to using it. South Korea is basically the only option, and if they decide to invade it, they will be wiped off the map. Kim Jong Il might be a total nutcase, but he should hopefully have enough sense to realize that his regime falls the day after his troops cross the DMZ. That's why I personally think it's just him being an annoyance for the great powers and not trying to run his own regime into the ground. But back to influence, the United States is so much more powerful than North Korea it's almost unfair (except in the army: we would defeat them, but we would take insanely heavy losses)...it's like Belgium vs. the Kaiser's Second Reich when it comes to who's more powerful. North Korea only poses a threat in terms of taking lives and causing destruction at the moment-North Korea has no chance against the Untied States. So no, you really can't compare North Korea to the United States...they're polar opposites in a lot of ways. I'm cynical about the United States and its government myself, but we're obviously doing the right thing now...unless you want to argue that protecting people from nuclear weapons is bad and should not take place.

Maybe we're not dealing with North Korea very well...I don't know. Knowing North Korea, it's too hard to say. But seriously, the USA's "meddling" to try to ensure security should not be the concern of people. If it's how we're meddling, then you have a less one-sided debate, but seriously now, questioning our intentions, or motives, especially when we haven't made a single aggressive act against North Korea, is a load of crap. Our intentions have been bad with many things in the past, but this is not one of those circumstances.

----------------

Ah yes, my actual opinion on the situation itself! As I mentioned, I don't think anything is going to happen though I'm far from certain. North Korea's regime is nuts, so who knows what they could do. =/ The problem is that the only really effective action that would eliminate the potential threat of North Korea is eliminating it altogether (unless the regime were to fall, but that's highly unlikely). I mean, there's not much we can do except wait and see. As crazy as the North Korean government is, it probably doesn't want to get crushed by the obviously superior United States armed forces and nuclear arsenal. And hey, if it does and it kills a bunch of people, that will be horrible, but at least North Korea will actually at least be gone, their people free, and Korea likely reunited much like Germany was after the fall of communism and the Berlin Wall.

But just saying, we actually do have bigger problems right now (or at least I would hope). We are still fighting two wars and the Middle East is obviously facing all kinds of challenges. I don't know, I think North Korea is a problem, but it's not like Hitler's expansion and rearming was in Europe 70 years ago.

So yeah :x

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Suspected? Fantastic. Like I said, we're probably gonna go and invade North Korea and find nothing. :/
    Then again, they could be good at hiding...I dunno. I just don't want the US government to assume things and start another war, especially since a lot of troops are still in Iraq and our economy is bad.

War creates money, actually. If America invades North Korea, they'll make money out of the war. I doubt they will, as North Korea has nuclear weapons, and attacking it will put America on the line of fire.

Bulletproof

This time baby I'll be...
    Years
    what also makes me wonder is why they would even want to attack the uk. this is what gets me worried, since I live in england.
    it's not like uk have ever done anything to them. also, will their missles, short to long ranged, even hit the uk? I highly doubt it, because they would have to go over:
    a - china, russia, and the rest of europe.
    or
    b - over the whole pacific ocean, whole of america, whole of the north atlantic.

let's hope the conclusion to this is a handshake.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    what also makes me wonder is why they would even want to attack the uk. this is what gets me worried, since I live in england.
    it's not like uk have ever done anything to them. also, will their missles, short to long ranged, even hit the uk? I highly doubt it, because they would have to go over:
    a - china, russia, and the rest of europe.
    or
    b - over the whole pacific ocean, whole of america, whole of the north atlantic.

let's hope the conclusion to this is a handshake.
    North Korea has plenty of reasons to attack England.

Back