• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Il dead at 69

Neosquid

♦ Darkness ♦
Years
  • Wow, this is interesting....hes dead, huh?

Still....Im really not too optimistic for the near future of North Korea.

Years
  • Hopefully his son will do a better job than he did, although craziness usually runs in the family so Im not getting my hopes up :/

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Might just be my browser, but your size tags aren't working.

Anyway, it's 50/50.

Ideally that would be what would happen, with the reunification of Korea following soon after. But as the article says, the sucession of power will be a dangerous time.

Just putting it out here, but I could see some sort of grab made by China to integrate NK into its nation. Or some sort of under the table miltary deployment aimed at weakening NK enough that SK could just walk on in and reunify the country by force.

Edit - We don't really know how old he officially was though. There are two records of his birth and although they are for the same day they are diffrient years. One says 41, another says 42. Wikipedia lists his age, at death, as 69.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd be very wary of North Korea right now. We aren't sure what might happen. An unstable Nuclear Power with a penchant for violence is not a good thing.

Hope

:d
    Years
  • Here in South Korea it's really tense.
    People are already predicting the possibilities of war breaking out.
    The military is getting ready for a possible attack.
    :( I hope nothing really happens, and his son has enough sense to not declare war against South Korea.

R.I.P. Kim Jong-Il.
    I really hope your son doesn't do anything bad.

Years
  • @FreakyLocz14 Thank god he's done and dusted. Jong-Il was in my thoughts, a stupidly mad dictator.

Good riddance. May he rest in peace.

Reports circling that one of his sons, Kim Jong-Un could be the new North Korean leader.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • Nervous, I mean a kid with a big red button that could start WWIII? Not very excited about this at all. :paranoid:

c l e a r

Transparent Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2018
    I really love how South Korea is getting the brown pants right about now.
    hmmmm... I wonder if they executed the doctor that failed to revive him.

Long term though, this is the call for pure, and unadulterated uncertainty.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Kim J Il was a fairly timid fellow, he mainly avoided trouble when he could, and did the bare minimum to maintain what his father had done. What happens next is probably going to be interesting.
    I'd be very wary of North Korea right now. We aren't sure what might happen. An unstable Nuclear Power with a penchant for violence is not a good thing.
    I wouldn't worry about it, team America is on it.

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I try to not make jokes about the dead, but I can't resist.

Il is dead, and his son Mentally Ill is taking over.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Thank god he's done and dusted. Jong-Il was in my thoughts, a stupidly mad dictator.

Good riddance. May he rest in pieces.

Reports circling that one of his sons, Kim Jong-Un could be the new North Korean leader.

Fixed for you, Hikari10, as I feel that Kim Jong-Il doesn't deserve peace in his death, what with everything he did to make life in NK miserable.

Anyhow, if his son does end up causing WW3, I'm hoping that he suffers the same fate as Adolf Hitler: Death by his own hands. Or he could be assassinated by someone, or tried & hung for those crimes. Either way is fine with me.

Years
  • I hope there isn't going to be a power struggle. Or that one hasn't already started. Not everyone in North Korea would be stupid enough to start a war under normal circumstances since they rely on a lot of aid, but who knows what could happen if someone got it into their head that a war would be good for them.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    The only thing I'm thinking about now is...

What will happen to North Korea?
    What will happen to South Korea?
    What will happen to the neighbouring countries?
    What will happen to the entire world?

There are too many unanswered questions at this point. Lots of things are unpredictable. This is probably one of them.

Back