• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Not my Chikorita!

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
  • Whaaaaaaaat ?
    Man, Pokemon Commercials don't even know WHO to film in it . If it's a 9 year old joyfully skipping around then losing to a Totodile ... that's just fail ...

That commercial can actually make someone not buy the game . Also, the PokeWalker Doesn't count steps effectively when you run . You must walk for it .

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • Yep it's showing in Australia. Does NOT help it look more mature, or make people want to buy it. It's embarassing. Seriously, my family and I will be watcing tv and this ad will come on, And I'll random say something stupid or attack my brother, or something to get their attention away from the ad. Just so they don't think I'm a major freak for being obsessed with it. Why didn't they have that kids brother on the lounge playing as well to show it's for all ages. Haha it is pretty funny though

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Yeah, I saw this commercial on TV. I'm just glad America still airs Pokemon commercials too :(

I honestly can't understand what the kid is saying, all I hear is "Chikorita" at the end. He just says it too fast...

I agree with KatieQ. It's these sorts of things that make me embarassed to like Pokemon. If you look at the full commercial you can tell that the older brother is getting pissed. Now I saw one commercial for Pokemon that I loved. This one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svGWQ5DAPG8&feature=related

Only problem with that one is the narrators voice, which sounds like some weird guy.

It is hard to enjoy Pokemon with the Chikorita commercial. I've found 3 people in my entire city who are half interested in it. It's just really sad. I'm afraid Pokemon is going more and more down the tube every day.

Katie_Q

Years
  • *looks at the video christom put up* Much better. Shows some older people, and not a bunch of immature little kids skipping around their house

.Occam

Ontological parsimony?
    Years
  • Pokemon. We know it's going to sell 10 million copies. But we spent the money on a commercial anyway.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    That was awesome.

"Are you kidding?! Not my Chikorita!"

I had to replay that part a couple of times.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • yeah, I hate there comercial lol >>, At least I have no problem meeting other people who play pkm here, of all ages 13-20+. Since every week on saturdays there is Competions with prizes and such not to far away, and alot of people come.

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    That commercial can actually make someone not buy the game
    I am almost one of those people. It made me feel to old to like pokemon. ;_;
    Yep it's showing in Australia. Does NOT help it look more mature, or make people want to buy it. It's embarassing. Seriously, my family and I will be watcing tv and this ad will come on, And I'll random say something stupid or attack my brother, or something to get their attention away from the ad. Just so they don't think I'm a major freak for being obsessed with it. Why didn't they have that kids brother on the lounge playing as well to show it's for all ages.
    ^ this.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • When I watched that ad for the first time, I started screaming out of excitement that it was finally released in Australia. After that, I actually listened to what he said. My friends and I lol'd at the part when the kid was like "Not my Chikorita!"

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I think the commercial is funny. Pokemon is childish....I think we all have to accept and embrace that =]

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
  • Well you people are blind :P When he says "Are you kidding me? Not my Chikorita!" he makes an expression and his brother does the "yes" by pulling his hand down really fast and smiling so he was battling against his brother.

Katie_Q

Years
  • Well you people are blind :P When he says "Are you kidding me? Not my Chikorita!" he makes an expression and his brother does the "yes" by pulling his hand down really fast and smiling so he was battling against his brother.

Whoa your right! oops... Haha and when the little dude was skipping around happily about winning a battle, the brother was annoyed. It all makes sence now *facepalm*

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • Wow I have not seen that, and I agree with all of the above, seems so immature and makes it seem like only kids play it, but that D/P commercial, was MUCH better, both how it was made and who it appealed to.

Back