• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Novelty Pokemon Mafia

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • okay, so these are my definite reads so far:

Bardothren, mew_nani, Who's Kiyo? as town

Abby as scum

the rest I need more info to be sure of, first

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • So since eevees are vanillas that pretty much means the water stone was the event's reward. Because Delibird handing them out would essentially mean they can promote all vanillas which is hella strong.

Naku definitely seems to be onto something. It feels like he activated his cocky mode, and when this happens he usually knows what he's doing.
    The problem is I'm not too bothered with Abby; I think his posts could go either way.
    The worst looking part for Abby is the random vote on Superjolt AFTER the mafia knew their votes were affected. Same goes for Nightkrow.
    The thing is that the mafia have two ways of dealing with Bard's ability.
    1. Vote randomly like Abby and Nightkrow did or
    2. They would vote for the same person so their votes amass as two no matter what.

Since the second could easily be done, why would they risk standing out like that by using the first method? It's just stupid.
    Now, I wanna highlight how a bandwagon on HyperMorian was formed after castform's ability was made public. This feels like Squirtle and Charmander found someone to place their votes on and hide for the day. And gp just so happens to be one of those who switched votes. I don't like this at all, but at the same time I've been looking at gp for the same reason I've been looking at Gunner, and it didn't work that well the first time around.

Nevertheless, I'll still place my vote on gp for now cuz he also doesn't seem to be contributing much, which isn't like him. Think of it like a pressure vote, but with slight reasoning behind it as well.

[Vote] gimmepie

On another note, our clears right now seem to be Bard and Nani (more than mere luck, perhaps?), and in my opinion Kiyo is there as well (btw I don't think there's ever been a time I haven't townread him, so take my word with a grain of salt).

Edit I wanna see more of Johnny, his lack of participation is weird.

@Superjolt : What was it exactly you didn't like about my reasoning for Gunner?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Bard has a gun again?
    Who would do such a thing?

I don't think I can compete with Bard's competition entry. Maybe if it wasn't nearly 4am and I didn't also have a lab report to write tomorrow.

I see Gunner's reasoning here, apparently Hyper's reasoning for voting Gunner was because she was the "second suspect" after Bard, but tbh it did just look like he was following Alex on that one. [Lynch] HyperMorian

I agree with him on Bard but not on Gunner. Gunner gave just as much reason for voting Bard as most people who voted Bard, except her vote and her reason were split across two posts. Creating that bandwagon wasn't entirely on her either - even if her vote wasn't first, most, if not all of the votes that followed would probably have still been there.

To me, HyperMorian looks like he's pocketing Alex, not to mention it's kinda hypocritical to vote for someone because they didn't give a reason for their vote (when they gave just as much reason as most other people on the same wagon), and then not give a reason for your vote until asked.

hmm I do like Fletch's ideas about Desi/Uzumaki Naruto as well, looks like he's posting just to look active without actually saying much. In fact, his voting posts look even more "yeah, me too!" than HyperMorian's do.
    You know what, I'm going to [Unvote] HyperMorian and [Lynch] Uzumaki Naruto. Still have fos on HyperMorian tho, and slight fos on Nani as well (although she does seem to be giving the vote a bit more consideration now.)

So these are NKs posts -.- 1st post Woo!....2nd post...so if I give good reasoning that why I'm lynching a person then that's good play, right?
    3rd post....1st part answering to superjolt, 2nd mehh 3rd "like fletch idea"....

Nero isn't providing anything too or I've missed his any post where he was contributing to town ( other than Day 2 post ) He is just trying to blend in or remain active in thread. My fos on him....

[Lynch] Nero

Hmmm.....I do like Johnny's idea as well about Gimmepie, he looks like playing along with NK..
    [Unlynch][Nero

[Vote][Gimmepie

@Fletch: Damn! My posts c: I really stand out in term of light play than others, right? Why not Nero? Other than saying Naku's list was good and stunfisk might be a meme role :p he hadn't provided anything good...
    Your main point is I didn't participated in bard shooting doof or about roles....As for role things idk I like Naku's list that was it. "Bard shooting doof" I made a lol comment after that I was genuinely going to say same thing ( somewhat) what johnny said. I had nothing to provide and bard revealed after that.So that was it.

Nakuzami

Years
  • @Naku: Care to elaborate on Abby? It seems as if you were almost sure about Abby. I didn't ask before because I thought maybe you have proof that Abby is scum and you were trying to see who sided with him and who didn't.

Exactly that. I suppose it is time to share, because at this point I doubt anyone (who is aware of Abby's identity) would risk coming to their aid now.

I can confirm that Kiyo is innocent, and that Abby is Charmander.

I'm Smeargle. I copy other people's abilities, though I can't exactly see a person's role. It's pretty simple to deduce, though.

I can confirm that Abby is a Lightkeeper. Guess what happens when Charmander's tail goes out? Sadly, this makes Charmander quite the asset to the mafia, as a Lightkeeper's death is incredibly maf-sided, so I've never seen a mafia LK before. This also means that I'm currently a Lightkeeper.

So, we can lynch Abby today, but the problem is that that would mean there would be no discussion allowed tomorrow and votes will be conducted privately via PM/Discord.

To offset this, once Abby is dead, Bard can keep the weather set to Sunny, nullifying Squirtle's votes and giving the mafia no benefit from it. The mafia also won't be able to benefit from killing me tonight, as the town will already be lights-out tomorrow thanks to Abby's death, and I'll switch off to another role during that time. Sadly I won't be getting any doctor, cop or vigilante abilities, thanks to our nice PR graveyard we have going on.

Also, Kiyo was a vanilla townie when I sketched him. Based on what we know, that makes him one of the other Eevee. As we started with 19 roles and 21 players, that means three Eevee (one for each Eeveelution, how perfect). We know Nani is Vaporeon, and with Kiyo confirmed as a second Eevee, that means there's only one Eevee left unconfirmed and able to be CCed by any mafia member, which is a benefit for us.

So, the mafia will have to contend with four confirmed townies and Castform's hindering of them. Just don't forget that Jigglypuff is potentially a cultist. I noticed that the phase post hasn't mentioned weather again, so we'll have to take Bard's word for it. If need be, we can test his claim by seeing if he can still produce sun and alter the votes in a manner that we may now track and predict.

So, for now
    Vote Abby
    bandwagon this shit

and let's try to figure out a consensus on who to vote during the dark day following, otherwise the maf will get a free kill from it.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • If Abby's Charmander/Lightkeeper, wouldn't it be more beneficial to work out what to do before we all vote? If it's gonna be lights out we should really work out what to do before we can't talk.

Also if it's not too much to ask, could we even inquire on what Vaporeon can do?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Fuck, I missed Naku.

Novelty Pokemon Mafia

[Lynch] Abby, and I'll go ahead and confirm that he is correct in regards to myself.

Also if it's not too much to ask, could we even inquire on what Vaporeon can do?

Babe. Babe, literally top of this page, babe.​

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Wheeeeeee! ^^

I figured you were up to something waiting for everyone's opinions Naku but I couldn't tell what it was. Looks like you got us one!

[Lynch] Abby

By the way any suggestions as to who I should target tonight? We might as well discuss that too since I'm poisoned anyway and won't last much longer.

Years
  • Wheeeeeee! ^^

I figured you were up to something waiting for everyone's opinions Naku but I couldn't tell what it was. Looks like you got us one!

[Lynch] Abby

By the way any suggestions as to who I should target tonight? We might as well discuss that too since I'm poisoned anyway and won't last much longer.

Target me so these people will leave me alone lol.

I fail to see how me refusing to go after Gunner, who I (correctly) believed was innocent makes me look even a little bit scummy. Yes I was quick to go for Bard, because I very much thought he was maf/third party trying to coast by on "lol Bard always does weird shit". Yes I then switched to Morian, because Bard was un-CCd and I agreed with Gunner's reasoning (and was also town reading her).

I admit I have been somewhat less active in some of the current games than usual, but let's think for a moment. When have I ever been a quiet mafia player? I'm typically vocal regardless of the side I'm on. The reason I've been less active in some games is because a lot of my time is divided between sleeping and doing actual important stuff right now.

On that note
    [Vote] Abby

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Hmh. Nice of you to come up with some elaborate lie here naku, i suppose you're looking for a claim from me?

This'll sound stupid to claim, but I'm Jigglypuff, and I have the opportunity to win with either of you. I'm a survivor, but I also have the ability to put someone to sleep (roleblock them) each night. This'll increase to 2 a night. As of right now, I'm dedicated to helping the town, so I think it'd be more beneficial to vote off who i see as a confirmed mafia.

[#LYNCH]Naku

mew_nani

Years
  • Oh boy. The plot thickens. >_>

This is gonna be real interesting by the time I wake up tomorrow.

Years
  • Hmh. Nice of you to come up with some elaborate lie here naku, i suppose you're looking for a claim from me?

This'll sound stupid to claim, but I'm Jigglypuff, and I have the opportunity to win with either of you. I'm a survivor, but I also have the ability to put someone to sleep (roleblock them) each night. This'll increase to 2 a night. As of right now, I'm dedicated to helping the town, so I think it'd be more beneficial to vote off who i see as a confirmed mafia.

[#LYNCH]Naku

I don't believe you.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • What did you want me to do then? Pluck one of the inno roles out of the air & write a claim for it?

mew_nani

Years
  • Well I mean you could just ham it up like I did in Beginner's Mafia and make up some hilariously petty excuse for going on a mass murder spree. That's always really fun to do. I mean why sheep when you could be the hammy villain you always wanted to be?

it kinda makes me sad when people don't do that :<

Nakuzami

Years
  • Lol that's such a bad defense that I'm not even going to bother

My claims can be easily tested. And there would be no reason for me to lie. No pressure has been on me, and I would not consider you, as a player, a threat to be removed so desperately that I would need to essentially sacrifice myself for it. Try again next time.

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • Talking about possible cult, then claiming as the third party wanting to help town by roleblocking people. Curiously, who did you roleblock so far?

[Vote] Abby

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • This is the part where I reveal some more awesome information to keep the chain going, but I don't have any.

[Lynch] Abby seems like the best way to go. I actually considered a Naku/Kiyo/Gimme maf for a second there, might've actually thought about it further if you had claimed a normal role. I'm still in support of checking Gimme tonight just in case though, especially if he's asking for it.

Unless Abby somehow whips a perfect roleblock list out of his ass, I guess.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • N0-Gimmepie

N1-Desinishon

As i said earlier, Naku is mafia, and Kiyo is too most likely. I still have suspicions on superjolt from yesterday.

Years
  • N0-Gimmepie

N1-Desinishon

As i said earlier, Naku is mafia, and Kiyo is too most likely. I still have suspicions on superjolt from yesterday.

You see this is interesting because someone indeed did roleblock me on n0. But, that could quite easily have been a mafia ability so I don't really put much stock in it.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • You see this is interesting because someone indeed did roleblock me on n0. But, that could quite easily have been a mafia ability so I don't really put much stock in it.

Well, Naku said Abby is Charmander and Squirtle is most probably a roleblocker right? Doesn't it add up? Makes sense Abby would know who was roleblocked.

[Vote] Abby
    Nice job there, Naku.

I have to say I'm impressed. This is gonna come off as rude, but voting someone randomly to avoid Bard's ability is beyond stupid, you could just cover it up with Squirtle. That leads me to believe Nightkrow is Squirtle. That's gonna be my vote tomorrow if nothing changes.

Back