• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    If it has derozio wetting his pants then it must be a great show.

I'll check Shingeki no Bahamut out after I sort out my assignments and my anime backlog. Man, I just noticed this, but why are most of the shows in my backlog are of the mecha genre?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    im not wetting my pants, geez :(

But to be honest, its just that Shingeki no Bahamut had the best opening episodes out of all the anime out right now for me. That's pretty much it. It has top-notch visuals and direction's been pretty great and soundtrack doesn't disappoint. Plus likeable characters so far (female lead is LOVE). So yeah. I don't know if it'll continue being awesome or not but it just had a good start and I figured more people need to watch it. =p

Watching Nana right now, btw. It has me hooked.

derozio

Years
    Of course you can't judge a series until it is complete. But based off on initial impressions alone I'd say that the series is definitely worth giving a shot. Moreso than most other series airing right now.

On a side note, Nana. This series is playing with the feels. So. Goddamn. Bad. Just saw ep 36. 11 more to go with no freakin' idea how or where the hell this series is going.

I mean, I knew it was coming. My friend told me this anime went for realism. I knew it won't end like it does in fairy tales. The dialogues by Nana at the beginning and the end of the episodes just supported it from the very beginning. But it is still so sad. :(

Last edited:
    Years
    Currently rewatching Gurren Lagann. I got up to the part where the time skips ahead 7 years after something I won't spoil (even though everyone probably already saw it). Then I ended up quitting because life got in the way. Now I am on episode 3 and holy sweet freaking Jesus it's better than I remembered.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I liked the side characters more in Kill la Kill but TTGL was actually fun. Clear winner for me.

That being said I like the bland LN **** Trigger are airing now more than Kill la Kill.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
    Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de is good but not as good as kill la kill imo. Chifuyu is best girl from a long shot though.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    What's this about best girls? I don't see anyone as best girl yet.

Oh, and I just watched episode 1... and I think Shingeki no Bahamut isn't really my cup of tea. No, not the art style, it's nice. It's just that... it doesn't interest me at all. Sorry dero. Although I agree, female lead is love.

Oh well, time to start chipping off the backlog.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
    Chifuyu is just so moe though.
    NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

derozio

Years
    what in the world is wrong with this section.

as soon as i disappear its like its life ceases to exist. XD; ANYWAY, BEEN WATCHING SOME GOOD STUFF THESE DAYS!!

Detroit Metal City = Fun.
    The Fall animu = Really entertaining so far.

Saw the first episode of Cross Game. Almost made me teary eyed. That's how you invoke emotions. Learn from it, Attack on Titan's first episode. :p

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years

as soon as i disappear its like its life ceases to exist. XD; ANYWAY, BEEN WATCHING SOME GOOD STUFF THESE DAYS!!

People get busy in the fall! It's so cold outside, they stay indoors and cuddle rather than watch anime. :P

I can't say I'm watching too many things. I've considered picking up Your lie in April. Any other suggestions from this season or the previous one? I'm indoors with nothing to do. D:

Years
    I haven't really been watching much since CN got removed from Dish Network by Turner, so I have no suggestions on what to watch, Blade...

Although I have been reading a hell of a lot of manga. Manga series I've started in the last month: Fairy Tail (volumes 1-7, though I'm pretty sure I have 8 and 9 somewhere, I cannot seem to find them), D-Frag! (kinda dumb, but still lots of fun), Durarara!! Saika Arc (finished), Durarara!! Yellow Scarves Arc, Madoka Magica: The Different Story (this was a fun alternate story - bought and finished all 3 volumes), and Oriko Magica (finished both volumes with blazing speed). Manga series I've picked up new volumes 4 in the last month: Genshiken (finally got the reboot's 5th volume Stateside!), Zero's Familiar Chevalier (Zero no Tsukaima Chevalier) x2, Haganai (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) x2, and The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan (volume 6 finally came out after nearly 6 months of waiting!). I also got a couple one-off books like the Unofficial Hatsune Mix (by Kei), and Time Killers (a compilation of unrelated short stories by Kazue Kato). I also came into possession of the first of the Haruhi novels!

And I did get the first volume of the Sailor Moon box set rerelease recently.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    People get busy in the fall! It's so cold outside, they stay indoors and cuddle rather than watch anime. :P
    Being indoors should make people watch anime :P

Detroit Metal City = Fun.
    The Fall animu = Really entertaining so far.

Saw the first episode of Cross Game. Almost made me teary eyed. That's how you invoke emotions. Learn from it, Attack on Titan's first episode. :p
    Similar to Lap, I'm playing Nep Rebirth now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back