• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    yeah watching HS, their 1080p ones no less (just upscaled 720p lel)

my fave anime > rori's and my taste > his taste btw
    NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Other than Perfect Blue, which I didn't like at the time, I like all that I've seen from that.

Not seen Honey and Clover, Kenshin and Nana.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Haven't seen Nana, know I'm missing something pretty good. Never watched Kaiji because art. And I'm not really that big on sports. Otherwise, I mostly agree with those as well.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Nana and Honey and Clover (a little bit of it) I've only seen the live actions of but not the actual anime.

Hajime no Ippo and Slam Dunk I still haven't seen but I've been planning to for a while.

Couple of anime on that list I haven't seen or started, but haven't completed :s

Skip Class

Years
    Nana and Honey and Clover (a little bit of it) I've only seen the live actions of but not the actual anime.

Hajime no Ippo and Slam Dunk I still haven't seen but I've been planning to for a while.

Couple of anime on that list I haven't seen or started, but haven't completed :s

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I'm just playing my role here, I know his art isn't for everyone, especially in manga form. Anime did clear it up massively though.

Years
    Man I love Haikyuu!, definitely not my favourite sports anime, but it was really enjoyable. I don't read the manga, but I'm pretty excited for season 2 :D

I adore HQ to the point of roleplaying it and owning all the manga. Haha. I'm a little obsessed. But I agree it's not the best sports anime/manga out there. I just find the characters really interesting.

Who is your favourite character?

Skip Class

Years
    I adore HQ to the point of roleplaying it and owning all the manga. Haha. I'm a little obsessed. But I agree it's not the best sports anime/manga out there. I just find the characters really interesting.

Who is your favourite character?

Haha I know what you mean, I was like that with another sports anime - I didn't roleplay, but a lot of other things like fanfics and fanart and such.
    Like most sports anime I can never really pick a favorite character. Most of them have back stories of some sort and I find myself way attached to them xD
    If I had to choose though it would have to be a toss between Kenma, Nishinoya and Hinata. Also really love Inuoka and Yaku from Nekoma.
    Haven't read the manga and heard there are other awesome characters that haven't been shown in the anime yet, so who knows it might change :p

Years
    Haha I know what you mean, I was like that with another sports anime - I didn't roleplay, but a lot of other things like fanfics and fanart and such.
    Like most sports anime I can never really pick a favorite character. Most of them have back stories of some sort and I find myself way attached to them xD
    If I had to choose though it would have to be a toss between Kenma, Nishinoya and Hinata. Also really love Inuoka and Yaku from Nekoma.
    Haven't read the manga and heard there are other awesome characters that haven't been shown in the anime yet, so who knows it might change :p

Ohh man! They're hard to choose between! They've all got different personalities! And yeah, there are so many more amazing characters to come! Hopefully you will like more... but, from your selection there... I dunno if your favourites will change! We'll have to see!

Do you mind me asking what the other sports manga was? I have read a lot of sports manga/anime... haha! Also totally digging Yowamushi peddle and Eyeshield 21 at the moment.

Skip Class

Years
    Ohh man! They're hard to choose between! They've all got different personalities! And yeah, there are so many more amazing characters to come! Hopefully you will like more... but, from your selection there... I dunno if your favourites will change! We'll have to see!

Do you mind me asking what the other sports manga was? I have read a lot of sports manga/anime... haha! Also totally digging Yowamushi peddle and Eyeshield 21 at the moment.

I personally don't read much, I've read a bit of Area No Kishi but I have to get back to it and still haven't finished the anime xD

Inazuma Eleven will always be my true favourite and probably the anime I was attached to for a long time. It's quite unique and awesome, but it gets buried under all the Kuroko No Basket and Haikyuu! hype so I don't see it get mentioned as much.
    Yowamushi Pedal is also a big favourite of mine! Though I'm glad it's showing this season, hated that they had to take a season break in the middle of the interhigh xD

Other things I like are Free!, Kuroko No Basket and Diamond No Ace in terms of the recent ones. Big Windup!'s an older favourite as well as Major! and Whistle - but aren't as well known I guess.
    Eyeshield 21 has been sitting on my to-watch list and I'm getting their pretty soon :pp Also still have to watch Prince of Tennis, Slam Dunk, Area No Kishi, Ginga e Kickoff!! and a couple of others.

Sports anime is my favourite genre so I've been trying to watch as much as I can haha.

Skip Class

Years
    Sports anime and manga are the best/

Read Touch.

Haha that's actually on my J-drama list!

Reading 15: Meisetsu Kougyou Koukou Rugby atm. Surprised they had a sports manga about Rugby. Sucks that there's only 14 chapters, this would've been a great anime ;-;
    Spoiler:

Years
    I'm definitely more about the recent stuff... despite being quite old for the fandom it attracts nowadays.

Slamdunk is probably what I'm going to be reading next.... It comes highly recommended by almost everyone. Although, that Rugby manga looks amazing! I might have to give it a go before I start on Slamdunk. A nice short series is probably what I need.

I like Free! too! I was a swimmer so that was the reason for starting to watch it... I stayed for the characters... and the topless guys, not gonna lie.

I will add all of your recommendations to my ever growing list, zappyspiker (You're name makes me think of Haikyuu!)

You should definitely read Eyeshield! Just be aware that if you watch the anime, there is a bit of a slump around episode 60... I'm still at that hump. It's just a bit repetitive. But aren't all sports/shonen anime at some point?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back