• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I'm definitely more about the recent stuff... despite being quite old for the fandom it attracts nowadays.

Slamdunk is probably what I'm going to be reading next.... It comes highly recommended by almost everyone. Although, that Rugby manga looks amazing! I might have to give it a go before I start on Slamdunk. A nice short series is probably what I need.

I like Free! too! I was a swimmer so that was the reason for starting to watch it... I stayed for the characters... and the topless guys, not gonna lie.

I will add all of your recommendations to my ever growing list, zappyspiker (You're name makes me think of Haikyuu!)

You should definitely read Eyeshield! Just be aware that if you watch the anime, there is a bit of a slump around episode 60... I'm still at that hump. It's just a bit repetitive. But aren't all sports/shonen anime at some point?

I'll keep it in mine! I still have a bit to watch before I reach eyeshield though.
    And lol, I used to be a swimmer to which was half the reason I watched Free!, the other being art-wise and that it was a sports anime.

Most recent sport anime is pretty gay, nothing wrong with that, just thought I'd point it out.

All the gay
    Spoiler:

Skip Class

Years
    I enjoy watching more bromance than actual romance haha.
    Like most fangirls will make the most of any single interaction between two characters.
    But I just love a strong bromance friendship in general.

Spoiler:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I just started YowaPeda and gotta say: love the bromance in it.

Teshima/Aoyagi bromance for life!

Skip Class

Years
    Yowaped is brilliant xD Latest episodes were killer, wish it was next week already x_x

Though I'm still dying that the anime I'm watching this season aren't out for a few more days ;-;

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    How long has this title for DCC been around?

btw hi guys. I don't contribute here a lot because I barely know much anime (except the popular ones and the ones shown in Toonami back in the days). I especially don't know about the ones with the Japanese-only names.

Skip Class

Years
    Woo! Anniversary!

How long has this title for DCC been around?

btw hi guys. I don't contribute here a lot because I barely know much anime (except the popular ones and the ones shown in Toonami back in the days). I especially don't know about the ones with the Japanese-only names.

All goods if you don't know that many. I mean we've all past the stage one point or another. If you like Anime, that's good enough isn't it?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    lmfao I didn't think it was all that long ago XD;

Either way, I can relate man. I was just like you some time ago. But look at me now - a guy who was initially apprehensive because he couldn't identify a single show out of the ones being talked about in this section (they used to talk seasonal shows - I didn't watch even one of those back then) is now out here actively watching MOST seasonal shows and having fun. You'll be like that soon enough too I guess. Just keep at it :p

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Decided to trim my seasonal airing down by sticking a load of stuff on hold. This will be what I'm focusing on for the foreseeable future.

NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Actually, probably less. Will probably prefer to marathon the last of Parasyte and all of DURRRRRR.

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I'm starting Cross Ange. Heard it is super gory and super fun. :p My seasonal list is probably as long as yours too. Lemme see..

Akatsuki no Yona
    Shigatsu wa Kimi to Uso
    Kiseijuu - Sei no Kakuritsu
    Assassination Classroom
    Death Parade
    Nanatsu no Taizai
    Garo
    Log Horizon 2
    Cross Ange
    aanndd Tokyo Ghoul for the lulz

naah, less than you. XD; This is still too much though haha. I'll probably add Shirobako, DRRRx2, JoJo later on.

Skip Class

Years
    Assassination Classroom
    Kuroko no Basket 3
    Durarara!!x2 Shou
    Tokyo Ghoul √A
    Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road
    Log Horizon 2
    Gundam Build Fighters Try
    Death Parade soon.

I'm barely watching anything from this season, but I can't complain since I already have too much to catch up from previous seasons that I've missed I guess.

Years
    I'm getting old...

This season I'm only watching Durararax2 and Yowapeda.

Others look interesting, but it's finding the time to watch them that is the problem.

I might try and make time for Kiseijuu, and all my kids adore Assasination Classroom, so T should probably give a gander at the very least.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    But look at me now - a guy who was initially apprehensive because he couldn't identify a single show out of the ones being talked about in this section (they used to talk seasonal shows - I didn't watch even one of those back then) is now out here actively watching MOST seasonal shows and having fun.

It's funny that I probably would never touch the ongoing anime seasons aside from anime adaptations of manga I've read (was an avid manga reader) 'til April 2014 at the time manga sites got blocked and I needed a new form of Japanese entertainment.

Lo and behold, a new seasonal watcher.

Also, for this season... huh, aside from Fall leftovers and AssClass, I didn't pick up anything. Didn't pick up DRRRx2 since I haven't even watched the first one anyway, and after all the sports anime I've watched KnB isn't that interesting anymore. I did grab a few titles but I haven't check to see if they're any good. Probably mediocre is at max, Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 produced so many interesting titles that Winter 2015 looks plain in comparison.

But hey, it's still week 2 of Winter 2015.

Skip Class

Years
    Winter 2015 is pretty plain.
    I'm just really glad I picked up Death Parade which (aside from Assassination Classroom is probably the highlight of my season). I want to see to see Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! just for lolz because it looks fun.

But like I said, it's probably for the better since I can watch everything I missed last year and marathon it.
    That includes all the stuff I've placed "On-Hold" for so long and hopefully decreasing the large of things that are on my "Plan to Watch" that I never had the time to watch and I've got about 40 on there (With a few I haven't added).
    Counts the same for live-actions and jdramas too, since like anime, I'm behind with them as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back