• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2015
    I notice that some people are saying that they dislike mega evolutions because they are going to be overwhelming now that there are so many of them. but remember, you first need to find the right mega stone for the right pokemon, which will probably be extremely hard.
    So if you catch a Gible you are not guaranteed to have a mega garchomp.

Also the hint of having to grow a bond with the pokemon. I do agree that they are not going to make it entirely simple to obtain these mega evolutions

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

possible mega evolutions for all these guys

The problem I have with this picture is that is a photoshop of this picture

October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

This picture in it self has some suspicious flaws like it includes Tyranitar and Metagross in the Mega Evolution list when apparently the only 3 pseudo legendaries to get Mega Evolutions are Dragonite, Garchomp and Salamance.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • The boys at 4chan (of all places!) already shot it down as fake. Something about the Japanese spelling of the regions, especially Kanto which is in kanji (like the real Kanto region in Japan) instead of katakana (as it's used in the games).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, that image is a fake apparently. Only take stuff for granted that's posted by the bigger pokemon fansites as real, rather than chzbgr images.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • You can tell that image is fake, it's poorly made and it's just an English rip of the previous Japanese Mega Evolution Pokémon Sheet that was circulating the internet a couple of days back.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I'm glad it is fake, more hopes for Hydreigon to get a Mega evolution.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • OMG Pyroar LOVE! The design, the name, this is the best Pokemon I've seen in a while.

And definitely getting the knight, witch, and something else from the starters.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • Oh my goodness.......every time I see a mega-evolution of an older pokemon, I cringe.....and this new Mewtwo mega-evolution is just the most ridiculous looking one yet.

I am disappointed by all the starter evolutions except maybe froakie's, but the second stage is almost always goofy looking, so it is to be expected.....

The other new Gen VI Pokemon look cool though. I am happy that the original ideas are still likable at least. I can already tell I will like everything other than the mega-evolutions. And I am so happy that Pyroar turned out the way I hoped he would! So freakin' awesome.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    a new picture of the starter's evos is up with their abilities Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent.
    Spoiler:
    (from serebii)

Feels like Fennekin's evo is going to use the stick to perform moves. It's too cool.

Ok wow. Now I love Fennekin's evo. I thought the stick was a part of its body.

In the screenshot you can just barely make out Tailunar actually USING The stick. That's AWESOME.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    I'm guessing that Pyroar is Litleo's first evolution right? I don't know whether it has been confirmed or not but it is pretty obvious.
    Also I've got a feeling that there will be a second evolution. At the moment, it's just a normal lion. In its baby stage it had a scorpian tail, so I am holding out hopes that it evolves again into a fire/poison Manticore, it could also be number 666. The three starter Pokemon and there evolutions equal 658, next you have scatterbug, and its two other evolutions, which bring it to 661. Fletchling and Talonflame bring it up to 663, and Litleo, and two more evolutions would bring up 666.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Darn it, GF, quit tempting me to run a Fire type team with Pyroar's awesome design. Now I'm going to expect it take the the role of Simba, while Luxray takes the role of Scar, by the time those new Pokemon-themed fanart of The Lion King arrive.

Also I hate to see that Steel is now not resistant against Dark and Ghost. I wonder why they changed that....

Like Dragon types, Steel types were one of the most dominant types in the metagame due to resisting almost every type, to the point where it was a must for every Pokemon to have Steel as a secondary type in order to be OU, as long as it's not paired with another type that hinders it. Just look at Ferrothorn for example, it has outclassed a lot of Grass types, in terms of team support, due to its Steel typing.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Yeah it might be due to that but still I think Steel has been made more vulnerable in the game play

Well, Steel is still resistant to plenty: 8 types, not including itself. And its also still immune to Poison type. With it getting a new strength against Fairy, the people at Gamefreak must have felt that it was becoming too OP, like Psychic back in Gen 1.

So...how do I pick between Fennekin and Litleo?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Also, the orange in the main spells "Fire" in Japanese. I mean, I can't believe how much I want one of these.
    I am anticipating that the Litleo line will be EXTREMELY popular among the fanbase.

Well, you can do what I'm doing: get both Pokémon X and Pokémon Y and then pick Fennekin in one and another starter in the other. That way, in one you don't have to worry about choosing between Litleo and Fennekin.

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Why did everyone think Litleo was going to become a manticore? From what I know, the mythological beast with the head of a lion and the tail of a scorpion/snake is a chimera, not a manticore.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Is that Mega Evolution page fake? In that case, there's still hope for Mega Evolutions for Raichu, Arbok, and Mightyena.

On a side note, Pyroar is pretty cool. However, I think I'll choose between it and Talonflame as soon as the games are out.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Why did everyone think Litleo was going to become a manticore? From what I know, the mythological beast with the head of a lion and the tail of a scorpion/snake is a chimera, not a manticore.

A Chimera is a beast with the body of a lion, the heads of a lion and a goat, and a tail that ends in a snake's head.

A Manticore is a beast with the body of a lion, the head of a human, and the tail of either a dragon or a scorpion.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Why did everyone think Litleo was going to become a manticore? From what I know, the mythological beast with the head of a lion and the tail of a scorpion/snake is a chimera, not a manticore.

The tuft of fur on the end of his tail is pointed like a Scorpion's tail. Manticores are flying lions with scorpion tails.

Chimera has a snake's head for a tail.

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Is that Mega Evolution page fake? In that case, there's still hope for Mega Evolutions for Raichu, Arbok, and Mightyena.

On a side note, Pyroar is pretty cool. However, I think I'll choose between it and Talonflame as soon as the games are out.

Yep, it looks like someone made it in less than an hour and decided to post it. I would be shocked if they didn't give the Pikachu line a mega evolution.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Ok wow. Now I love Fennekin's evo. I thought the stick was a part of its body.

In the screenshot you can just barely make out Tailunar actually USING The stick. That's AWESOME.
    When I saw the stick I thought it was going to use the stick for battle in a wand like way, seems I was right :3
    @ Pinky-Dawn. Yes at this point my whole team will be made up of like 5 fire types...I got to decide on my fires now.

Back