• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Meowstic has a very interesting concept. I like it, even if it is kind of creepy (though if they were real animals, I would be terrified of and disturbed by them). Their ears look like bunny ears when they're up like that. They're cabbits. I'm glad there's no "k" at the end of their name, I thought it looked so stupid: meow+stick? Really? The name makes sense now, it's a combination of meow and mystic, right? Funny how a one-letter difference can change my opinion of a name. I think Meowstic does seem less Pokemon-like design-wise. Maybe it's the eyes looking more anime-ish than usual for a Pokemon (imo)? I like Meowstic regardless, particularly the male - it's super cute!

I like the female Pyroar much more than the male, as the male's mane reminds me of a circus tent or umbrella or something (yeah, don't ask). Does the female Pyroar remind anyone else of Pidgeot? First thing I thought of. xP
    The female's mane also reminded me of Pidgeot xP It was one of the first things I thought too..."Did that Pyroar steal Pidgeot's hair?"

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Are you giving two starters in the beginning of the game one Kalos and one Kanto?

I would say Kanto will be after we beat the League, but I could be wrong. However, we do get the chance to get a Torchic at the start of the game if you get the event.

BTW is it just me or does the Meowstic looked like the cats/rabbits from Animal Crossing? Also, now that I look at the male's color, I really love it. Still not a huge fan of Psy types though. I do love a few however. Also it is a Psy, type so I guess they are suppose to look freaky in some cases.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • I would say Kanto will be after we beat the League, but I could be wrong. However, we do get the chance to get a Torchic at the start of the game if you get the event.

No, we get Kanto starters near the beginning. It's already been said in the offical Pokemon X/Y site

From the site;

In most previous Pokémon games, your adventure began when you were entrusted with your first Pokémon by a Pokémon Professor. There are probably many players who will bring their first Pokémon from past titles to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y using Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter.

In Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, it's not Professor Sycamore who gives you your first Pokémon. Instead, when you receive a Pokémon from the professor, you'll be able to choose from Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle! These Pokémon were the first three Pokémon you could start your adventure with in Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version, released in North America in 1998, the very beginning of the Pokémon series! And now you'll be able to include them in your party once again.

All three of these Pokémon—Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle—will be able to Mega Evolve! First, of course, you'll have to fully evolve them into Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise. Now, many years after Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version were first released, these classic Pokémon gain incredible Mega-Evolved forms!

Years
  • Wait, there's another one coming now? I thought the were going to announce something with the Pokémon FB page. Source plz.

When I read it I thought that by announcement it meant by a Pokémon Direct...but now that I look back at Serebii...it doesn't mention how they're making their announcement...I guess it could be by FB...and if so the chances of being big/new game news is lower than I first thought...maybe it could be a new Pokémon...like the regional 600 bst all 100's in each stat cute legendary.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Serebii mentions that the logo they used is very similar to the one they used for that leaked Youtube video. I get the feeling that this announcement won't really be related to XY, probably something else and probably not very important (to us.) At this rate, I can't see them revealing a lot more of the game before the release, we're less than a month away from release. I'm guessing they'll probably only release a trailer between then and now, if anything. It'd be awesome if it was another cool anime styled one like the BW2 one!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, I wouldn't hang on too much with this piece of news being necessarily X&Y related. It could be, but often having low expectations only at worst leads to no disappointment. ;p Besides, they make announcements one way or another every month (via say Pokemon smash or etc).

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    What makes me think it is atleast pokemon games related is that they address the readers as "Heads up trainers...". I see it being 3 things game related, Pokemon X & Y, Pokemon TCG or a new Pokemon game.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    What makes me think it is atleast pokemon games related is that they address the readers as "Heads up trainers...". I see it being 3 things game related, Pokemon X & Y, Pokemon TCG or a new Pokemon game.

If it's about a new Pokémon game it's quite possible that it'll be a new Pokémon Ranger game because they never made one during the 5th Generation.

I personally think that they will either surprise us with a new feature within XY or about the Pokémon Origin or XY anime.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It is probably the opening of that new site that was leaked called GottaCatchEmAll.com that has now be open yet. Here is the link that leads to the news post.

https://pokebeach.com/2013/09/gottacatchemall-com-coming-soon

Also, the video that is on that site was removed quickly. So whatever that site is, is probably the news we will get tomorrow.

Currently the GottaCatchEmAll link leads back to the official pokemon site. This is probably a cover up for the people who saw it. In the first day or so, it was a blank page because I tried it.

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    It's really a surprise they haven't at least started to add the main Pokemon games to the e-shop. They'd make a boatload of money.

Years
  • It's probably a related game or feature, either a spinoff of some kind or another helpful app thing like the Pokemon Bank/Pokemon Transfer feature. No clue what that app would be though.

Id honestly rather they keep up with the X&Y info, since they've basically opened the flood gates, why not just keep it up? Really hoping we see the final evolutions of the starters soon.

Years
  • It's probably a related game or feature, either a spinoff of some kind or another helpful app thing like the Pokemon Bank/Pokemon Transfer feature. No clue what that app would be though.

Id honestly rather they keep up with the X&Y info, since they've basically opened the flood gates, why not just keep it up? Really hoping we see the final evolutions of the starters soon.
    I have a feeling that the flood has either subsided and retreated or is on it's way there...we'll be dry of news for awhile...

Maybe it's an app that allows one to watch episodes of the anime on the 3Ds...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have a feeling that the flood has either subsided and retreated or is on it's way there...we'll be dry of news for awhile...

Maybe it's an app that allows one to watch episodes of the anime on the 3Ds...

I was also thinking that it may be some type of new site that allows us to watch episodes of pokemon. Because it was a mix of every season.

Lol we are derailing this trainer bigger than heck. Maybe someone should make a new thread to speculate on the news for tomorrow.

Back