• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

October predictions

Years
  • Well the reason that Im not hyped for these games is because it seems to be a typical third version.

And there's something wrong with that, because...? Every single third version to date has been highly praised even though they have never really offered anything too significant from their previous versions. "A typical third version" in this scenario would be a good thing.

As I mentioned, the entire point of third versions is their bells and whistles over their previous games. They aren't meant to be significant overhauls; you can even stretch it and say they're basically physical versions of DLC at this point because they're basically the same games with a bit of extra content and features.

But hey, don't get me wrong. I'm also hoping that USUM will bring something really different to the table other than what we've been getting in SM. But I'm not going to be surprised if the formula isn't going to change, and neither should anyone else.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • It's interesting, however, because online it appears that third versions always sell a bit less copies than the originals. Sure, the third versions are praised by hardcore fans like us who will buy every game, but it doesn't seem like they're as accepted outside the hardcore community. So maybe, idk, it's been 20 years and since the games always sell less, maybe that's why people expect the formula to change?

But the way I see it is third versions are "bonuses"; the game's basically already complete, all they gotta do is add a few things and change the order of the gym leaders/trials and they've profited with maybe half the effort they'd put for a totally new game.

Years
  • It's interesting, however, because online it appears that third versions always sell a bit less copies than the originals. Sure, the third versions are praised by hardcore fans like us who will buy every game, but it doesn't seem like they're as accepted outside the hardcore community. So maybe, idk, it's been 20 years and since the games always sell less, maybe that's why people expect the formula to change?

Definitely; I'm one of those people who would love for the formula to change! But I feel like at this point in time with the 3DS approaching it's End of Life (regardless of what Nintendo wants you to think otherwise) it's becoming very difficult for me to imagine Game Freak breaking from tradition unless they break tradition in USUM for the sake of giving the 3DS one last hurrah in the form of a more memorable Pokemon game.

And yeah, they've always sold less for some reason, which makes it even odder that Game Freak decided to make USUM in the first place. Perhaps it's because of SM's record numbers that they've decided to give third versions one more shot.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2017
    I'm not expecting anything more than what we have got. Anything else will be a welcome surprise. However I'm not going to get greedy

Years
  • Definitely; I'm one of those people who would love for the formula to change! But I feel like at this point in time with the 3DS approaching it's End of Life (regardless of what Nintendo wants you to think otherwise) it's becoming very difficult for me to imagine Game Freak breaking from tradition unless they break tradition in USUM for the sake of giving the 3DS one last hurrah in the form of a more memorable Pokemon game.

And yeah, they've always sold less for some reason, which makes it even odder that Game Freak decided to make USUM in the first place. Perhaps it's because of SM's record numbers that they've decided to give third versions one more shot.

I do think S/M's huge sales figures (which I guess Pokemon GO helped achieve as well) may have encouraged GF to do another "sequel" like B2/W2, since I think that's the route US/UM are going down.

It will be very weird seeing how much Pokemon will change now that it's likely moving over to the Switch.

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Seeing as how we got three trailers yesterday, I don't expect any news for a while this month, maybe we will get some at the very end of the month or we'll get a recap trailer which will have a small compilation of the news. Though, an animated trailer would be great.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • While CoroCoro may well just cover the recent news from the trailer, I'm still hopeful about more news coming towards the end of the month. These trailers dropped right at the beginning of October, so there's still plenty of time for another trailer or news update as by then we'll only be 3 weeks away from release date.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    I am pretty sure we going to get more 2 trailers this month, maybe small one in the middle of the month and a big one in the end.
    we only saw 2 new z-moves, they need to reveal more of that soon.
    i think CoroCoro will show at least one new z-move.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I am pretty sure we going to get more 2 trailers this month, maybe small one in the middle of the month and a big one in the end.
    we only saw 2 new z-moves, they need to reveal more of that soon.
    i think CoroCoro will show at least one new z-move.

The recent news were aactually pretty good. If we're gonna get more that's even better=]

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    The recent news were aactually pretty good. If we're gonna get more that's even better=]

there is still a ton of stuff to reveal.
    how they change festival plaza, more special trainers for battle tree, more z-moves, the light thing from the box art, update'd pokefinder and more..

and stuff that are maybe:
    more ultra beasts? demo ? alola forms ? move tutors?

Years
  • I dunno if Move Tutors are going to be a thing they're going to reveal in trailers or not; iirc ORAS didn't really reveal Move Tutors yet they were present in those games. So I wouldn't really count move tutors not being present in a trailer as some sort of sign that they're not in the games.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    I dunno if Move Tutors are going to be a thing they're going to reveal in trailers or not; iirc ORAS didn't really reveal Move Tutors yet they were present in those games. So I wouldn't really count move tutors not being present in a trailer as some sort of sign that they're not in the games.
    that's why i put it on maybe.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Not October but I heard that we'll be able to pre-load Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon on November 2nd.

Does that mean we'll probably be getting a datamine around that time?

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Since last night's trailer, I don't expect any news until the end of the month, possibly a reveal or a compilation trailer (like what was seen at the end of the Su/Mo demo).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, a trailer at the end of the month is a possibility considering we'll be entering the month of release. I kinda like how we haven't had much to go on with these games, it does build up a lot of discussion and questions surrounding the vague information we're provided with. Granted it wasn't much at the start, but recently the trailers have been great from a talking point and I'm definitely looking forward to USUM a lot more than I was a while back.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    there is going to be one more trailer this month imo.
    it will reveal:
    Necrozma light form
    all the sun and moon features coming back (plaza, pokefinder etc)
    new z-moves (we already know that z-move for mimikyu is coming, so maybe that)
    and maybe one ultra beast

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Is there any possibility of USUM animated promo in October ?
    Since B2W2 and ORAS got an animated promo, so I feel that we should also get an animated promo for USUM.
    Specially considering the trailers, the USUM animated promo might be more epic compare to last two animated promo.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Is there any possibility of USUM animated promo in October ?
    Since B2W2 and ORAS got an animated promo, so I feel that we should also get an animated promo for USUM.
    Specially considering the trailers, the USUM animated promo might be more epic compare to last two animated promo.

I loved these Promos. How long do they usually get revealed before the games release?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • I loved these Promos. How long do they usually get revealed before the games release?

Typically, every third game usually gets a promo video, ever since BW2 began with it. Usually the promos get released when it's a matter of weeks before the game is about to release, so I'm suspecting it'll come around the 11th next month. And yes, I'm expecting something pretty dark and edgy, considering the route that they're taking with USUM, even if SM was dark enough already.

Back