• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I have the worst luck ever. But I don't go Shiny Hunting (not sure how that works really) and I don't try the breeding thing either. The only time I ever found a shiny I did catch it. It was a Rattata in my Leaf Green, and I still gots it. Well it's a Raticate now. But yeah. lol

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Oh I found a shiny pidgey the first day I brought SS XD Heres a vid for proof :D

Its now a lv68 shiny pidgeot and still training :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    I was playing SS...
    I went for a drink..
    10 minutes later a shiny arceus appeared..
    Then i reliesed my AR card had been in since until i got out of the grass it was only arceus..

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2012
    I caught a shiny Suicune in SS, as well as a shiny Beldum and shiny Dusclops in Platinum. :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    My friend had Heartgold and i had SoulSilver so we kept restarting are games near rayquaza and i found the shiny one first and my friend took about a month :/ he was soooooo excited while i got really bored of it T-T

Chaos Feraligatr

Darkness Bringer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    my shinies on SS:
    Red gyarados
    Pikachu colored pichu
    shiny tentacool i found in the water near cinnabar island! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2010
    Shiny in Safari Zone (AGAIN!)

Around 3 years ago, I encountered a golden exeggcute in the safari zone and it ran away after one safari ball throw. I was devastated. In all my time playing these games, I have had a total of 3 random shiny encounters. A female Nidoran in silver, the infamous exeggcute in firered and a green machop in diamond. Just minutes ago I encountered my fourth.

I booted up my soulsilver after a month's absence, and ran into the safari zone to check for any new species. My FIFTH encounter was a pinkish-purple Murkrow.

I can't believe my luck....And the real kicker is I love Honchkrow, so I KNOW I won't be able to catch it. I find myself in the exact same position as I was all those years ago, just staring at this thing that will soon leave me, uncertain of how I should act.

If you have any advice, please take pity on this poor soul who failed to learn from his past mistakes and share what you can....

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I will pray to the pokemon gods for you. Maybe this is your chance! If you don't catch it but have a camera then take a photo or make a video so you can look back on it! Still you are luckier than me. The only shinies I have were given to me by friends..I haven't had the joy of running into one myself.

and that reminds me I need to go check the safari zone too. It's been almost a month since I laid down a few items.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Goof luck!!!! A shiny Murkrow must look great!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Merged your thread on your shiny encounter in the Safari Zone with the Official HGSS Shiny Pokémon Thread. I've never run into a shiny yet in the Safari Zone, and I'm hoping I never do. It's hard to see you run into one in such a location, and know that the odds of you catching it with its ability to run is slim. ):

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I'll add that I once happened to encounter a shiny Exeggcute in the Safari zone back in FR/LG... I chucked a couple of balls at it and was lucky enough to catch it. That may be your best bet tbh - even if you throw mud at it it only increases the catch chance rather than make it 100% and it's an extra turn for it to run away. But tbh it's mostly just a matter of luck....

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    So, heres my shiney story...
    I was playing through HG and trying to catch em all! :P I had all the johto pokemon and almost all the kanto ones and I had put in a TOOON of time! The pride of my game was my ampharos(not shiney) Its easily my favourite pokemon and it was very good :) Anyways, I always walk through the grass and I have never in my life seen a shiney pokemon! One day I was checking to see what my swarm was that day and I turned on my game and it said it was corrupt :( I was soooo upset but that night I started a new game... I didnt play a lot over the next little bit cause I was too upset about my last game so instead of playing I jokingly walked around in an area where you can find mareeps to see if by some random chance I would get a shiny one... (I dont know much about catching shiney pokemon, but I knew the chances of running into a shiney are rare and of all the pokemon in the area getting a mareep to be shiney was not likely) I wasnt really expecting anything just wasting time and catching mareeps to use for trades and all of a sudden I ran into a purple mareep <3 !! The funny thing is that when I ran into it, I was having a conversation with somsone about the odds of running into one was, and I was accually calculating it and it made it look like it was gonna be nearly impossable to find :P (I was only walking around trying to find one for about 2 hours and i was just casually doing it) I was soooo happy, I was screaming and jumping around...anyways I caught him and his name is Phrosmos :P lol
    Anyways, thats my story! :D
    Also, just recently I ran into a shiney sandslash and I went to throw a ball and it wasnt working so I was going to switch pokemon, but decided to just use a move, and you know how if you try to go up from the run button it doesnt work...
    [ attack /moves ]
    [bag][run][pokemon]
    so i was on the run button and hit up to go to atttack and hit a and instead I ran away </3
    But I still have my phrosmos so im alright :P

Serin

Noob
    Years
    I hatched a shiny Sneasel, but that's it...well I guess that's lucky? ._.

I had a lot better luck on my other games though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    I found a shiny caterpie in Ilex Forest. I did a double take. First wild shiny I've had. I used to RNG Abuse breed so shinies aren't really new to me...BUT IT WAS IN THE WILD :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back