• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
    Just got HeartGold a week or so ago and just had the weekend to be able to play it. Was in Slowpoke well and there appeared a green Zubat. I had a wee panic as I couldn't remember if I had any pokeballs left but I needent of as I had plenty and managed to get it in one. It is only the second shiny pokemon I've ever caught since GSC and that was in Platinum (I traded for the rest I have/had) and it is only the third I've seen in the wild (seen a shiny wild dratini in the safari zone once but it ran away).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    I caught a shiny Pidgey; he's now a gorgeous golden Pidgeot.

I also saw a purple Zubat in Emerald and was like HOLY EXPLETIVE A SHINY ZUBAT and then I realised that's how they normally look.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    The first shiny Pokemon I ever caught (Legitimately, and apart from Gyrados in Lake Rage) was a shiny Zubat in Slowpoke well. I have seen a shiny Shinx in Platinum, but I failed to catch it due to having only a master ball at the time.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    I found a shiny Donphan on my way up to fight Red, I was lucky as I was just a few steps away from using a Repel :O

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    i found...
    emerald-shiny trapinch (now flygon)
    diamond-shiny croagunk (now toxicroak)
    Soulsilver-shiny magnemite (now magneton)
    havent found any in the mystery dungeons, except storyline celebi
    havent found any in platinum, leafgreen, heartgold, crystal

Starling008

Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I just hate when shinies decide to appear in the Safari Zone. In LG, I saw a shiny Exeggcute but it ran away on me...

My shinies: Lv. 60 Baltoy on Sapphire

I am planning to SR on HG for a black Rayquaza...name him death...or something.

The first shiny Pokemon I ever caught (Legitimately, and apart from Gyrados in Lake Rage) was a shiny Zubat in Slowpoke well. I have seen a shiny Shinx in Platinum, but I failed to catch it due to having only a master ball at the time.

I definitely would have used the Masterball. Shiny Luxray are AWESOME. Besides, you can always get another Masterball, but you can NEVER get another shiny Shinx. What a shame.

Last edited:

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    ^^ She CAN get another shiny Shinx... It's jut very unlikely without trading, chaining or Masuda Method.

All I have found on HG is my lovely shiny Suicune I SRed for. Caught it with the first quick ball. =]

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2010
    Around 3 years ago, I encountered a golden exeggcute in the safari zone and it ran away after one safari ball throw. I was devastated. In all my time playing these games, I have had a total of 3 random shiny encounters. A female Nidoran in silver, the infamous exeggcute in firered and a green machop in diamond. Just minutes ago I encountered my fourth.

I booted up my soulsilver after a month's absence, and ran into the safari zone to check for any new species. My FIFTH encounter was a pinkish-purple Murkrow.

I can't believe my luck....And the real kicker is I love Honchkrow, so I KNOW I won't be able to catch it. I find myself in the exact same position as I was all those years ago, just staring at this thing that will soon leave me, uncertain of how I should act.

If you have any advice, please take pity on this poor soul who failed to learn from his past mistakes and share what you can....

I finally got the courage to follow the advice I received and I threw a single ball...it fled.

I can't believe this happened again, on today of all days...

Anyone know where I can go to find someone willing to trade for a shiny murkrow? I don't really even care if it's a hacked one, I just feel like I've been seriously mistreated by these games that I love.

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years
    I finally got the courage to follow the advice I received and I threw a single ball...it fled.

I can't believe this happened again, on today of all days...

Anyone know where I can go to find someone willing to trade for a shiny murkrow? I don't really even care if it's a hacked one, I just feel like I've been seriously mistreated by these games that I love.

I don't have one..
    But I would love to trade my Shiny Sandslash(he has red spikes,I caught him in Union Cave when he was still a green sandshrew)..but too bad I don't have a wi-fi usb connector...

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    I have a shiney croconaw id like to trade for some other cool shiney :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    What are your shiny pokemon

Red Gyarados and Shiny Pidgeotto
    Found at level 2

sblunix

ポケモン トレーナー
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2010
    I sorta cheated to get my shiny Meganium....
    I did soft-reset a bajillion times on SoulSilver, until my starter was shiny chikorita...

Then, I traded over to diamond, started over, and played with my normal cyndaquil and shiny chikorita... I later caught a shiny Staryu on Route 47...

I also have my red gyrados, but since it's an event, I don't count it... So I have my two shinies! ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back