• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dozo

party hardy
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    =[ I've never had a shiny other than the Red Gyrados
    It kills me insides!

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I caught a shiny Goldeen about a month ago. Aside from the red Gyarados, it is so far the only shiny I obtained myself.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
  • I played Gold Version back when it first came out. Caught a shiny Caterpie and fully evolved it. I also caught a Shiny Wingull in Emerald.

Other than that...

Nothing in HG yet, save the Red Gyarados.

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • Yeah, I've played Pokémon for around eight years, owning seven of the games, and other than the red Gyarados, I've seen and caught one shiny, my shiny now Arbok (caught it as a lvl 4 Ekans) in SS.

Sucks...

Might be trying the Masuda Method once I can get my hands on a foreign Ditto. I've used the GTS a lot, though I don't remember which Pokémon I got are from where, except for my Japanese ones but none of them are too interesting to try for a shiny... I think though I'd feel better if it was a Japanese Ditto, since they're quite obviously Japanese. I don't think I'd want to risk using one from somewhere else unless I was 100% sure that it's foreign, which you can't really be unless the name is Japanese...

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2013
    ^ Wow, what a waste, wouldn't that take some of the fun out of it? But I guess it's the only way. I'd be so sick of Pokemon by the time I was done soft-resetting that many times I'd think. Probably not, but still...

It just doesn't seem that worth it, I'd rather get a truly random shiny than spend so much time manipulating the game to get one.

FilbertTheFox

.:Welcome to Reality:. (>o.O)>
    Years
  • ^ Wow, what a waste, wouldn't that take some of the fun out of it? But I guess it's the only way. I'd be so sick of Pokemon by the time I was done soft-resetting that many times I'd think. Probably not, but still...

It just doesn't seem that worth it, I'd rather get a truly random shiny than spend so much time manipulating the game to get one.

I'm sick of doing the usual as in going through the game with a normal pokemon and rarely encountering a shiny at all.
    Don't get me wrong i don't sit in a corner and do it, i play xbox, watch tv or do homework when doing my soft resets so it doesn't bother me, in my eyes its determination and its a good feeling to have shinys with your OT on them.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Yesterday I caught my very first ever hunted shiny. After giving up on SR for Hooh I decided to get Moltres and in only 172 SR I got it :) I have never been bothered with shinies, giving up waaaay too easily but hopefully this find will motivate me to start hunting. I was so surprised when I looked down at my DS to see a shiny Moltres. I swear I passed away for a second. I caught it with my Masterball I was saving for Suicune.

Catching moltres

Moltres

Spoiler:

Oh lol in the catching vid, I was wathing a movie so you can hear the sound effect >.< Then I am ike OMG you can hear the TV to my bro, I fail at videos XP

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
  • Yesterday I caught my very first ever hunted shiny. After giving up on SR for Hooh I decided to get Moltres and in only 172 SR I got it :) I have never been bothered with shinies, giving up waaaay too easily but hopefully this find will motivate me to start hunting. I was so surprised when I looked down at my DS to see a shiny Moltres. I swear I passed away for a second. I caught it with my Masterball I was saving for Suicune.

Catching moltres

Moltres

Spoiler:

Oh lol in the catching vid, I was wathing a movie so you can hear the sound effect >.< Then I am ike OMG you can hear the TV to my bro, I fail at videos XP

Wow! Mega congrats to you! You are really lucky ^-^

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Wow! Mega congrats to you! You are really lucky ^-^

Thank you :) I was so happy to get it so early <3

I am currently using the Masuada mathod for a shiny Farfetch'd, around 130ish I think... Good luck on your shiny Tsutarja BTW

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I was playing a grass-type runthrough a while back and encountered this, and successfully caught:
    Spoiler:
    One I hadn't gotten before which was neat. I was doing a bit of training in Victory Road when it popped up, heh.

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
  • I was looking for a dunsparce yesterday and I kept running into geodudes and zubats.

I looked away from my ds to talk to my brother, and looked back down and saw another geodude... and yet something didn't feel right...

....I then noticed it was shiny. I caught it and her name is Pebbles. I am very happy about this. It's my second wild caught shiny~!

Spoiler:

Years
  • I caught a shiny tentacool in SS before I even knew what a shiny was lol. I also got a shiny slakoth from the GTS. IDK if its legit or not but idrc haha.

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
  • i was on platinum looking for a buizel to replace my floatzel on heartgold (because my brother evolved it when shouldent have been on my dsi) and i walked into the grass and it was shiny! i was like YES YES YES YES YES! and i used my masterball (which i traded from heart gold) (used my platinum one on giratina) and caught it (duh) Yay!

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    YAY! Had my first shiny(EVER), a shiny sentret after fighting the rival,
    But still hunting for a shiny snorlax...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back