• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I just bumped into my second ever shiny (Red Gyarados not included of course) on my current Pearl Nuzlocke run.........
    Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread
    hurr durr...

Oh good. She wasn't the first Pokemon I saw on that Route so I won't be using her although I did catch her just because she's rare.

Spirit Albarn♫

death scythe★
    Years
  • I encountered a shiny mareep yesterday night while looking for a mareep to add to my team
    soo cool, i almost killed it because i wasent paying attention xD but i caught it 8D

Jerpy

Give me your cookies...!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    I managed to catch a Shiny Rattata before in my old game file...
    Haven't seen any in the new file.
    I'm kinda wondering if battling without the battle scene off could affect my chances of seeing a shiny... Hmm...

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • dbsshadKLADJSDSDAOIdsc

Really? Just that apparently having shiny Pokemon from the Pokewalker is supposedly really really rare... (something about only a few id numbers, some hidden in the game, matching lets you be able to find shiny Pokemon on it, and if you have those numbers you would also have a high chance to find shiny pokes via the pokewalker. The chance to have those numbers was something in the millions or greater? And the chance for a shiny Pokemon according to those who looked at coding was 1/32 if so - otherwise it was 0!)

...most interesting. Did you find any other shiny Pokemon on that Pokewalker, and could you post a picture?

Yea I can post a pic :) --------------filler---------------

72pokemonmaniac27

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I got a shiny Mudkip from Steven in Silph Co. :) i didn't even have to do any soft resets!:) My first ever shiny on S.S. ^-^ well other than the Gyarados of course, but it doesn't count to me because everyone gets one haha.:)

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yea I can post a pic :) --------------filler---------------
    I'll ignore the character bypass this once, but don't do it again as that's against the rules. =p

Anyways, I suggest seeing if you gt any more shiny Pokemon from your walker then and posting if you do get any more - it would be interesting if that coding can be confirmed or not after all. After all, a 1 in 32 chance for shiny Pokemon from the walker is something you should try to take advantage of. ;p

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • I'll ignore the character bypass this once, but don't do it again as that's against the rules. =p

Anyways, I suggest seeing if you gt any more shiny Pokemon from your walker then and posting if you do get any more - it would be interesting if that coding can be confirmed or not after all. After all, a 1 in 32 chance for shiny Pokemon from the walker is something you should try to take advantage of. ;p

Character bypass? What is it?

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • I was playing my DS on the train. Randomly walking through some grass, as you do, and then one of these guys appears:

BOOM!

I wanted to yell it out, but I was on public transport so... >w< It's got a spot on my team for the time being, I called yer MapleFace xD

Last edited:

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Not my first, but some of my favourites are...

Charizard, Umbreon, and Shuckle, haha :D

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I just got my first real shiny in my heart gold version. While I was ev-training my Eruption heatran on the lake on route 35, I encountered a shiny psyduck. I caught it with a quick ball.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Just caught a shiny Oddish not too far into my new file in SS. Was looking for a Paras in the Ilex forest actually. Not sure if I wanna evolve into a Bellossom or Vileplume. :D

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • How many shinies have you caught/seen so far?

How many shinies have you caught/seen so far? I've seen 1 in my Japanese HeartGold, it was a Zubat. Evolved it to Golbat, then to Crobat and it is now lvl. 72.
    >
    >

nm legend

Years
  • well i caught two in heartgold....a raticate and a drowzee.....pretty crappy but i traded the raticate for a shiny ghastly and when i came across the drowzee i was so surprise to run into it that ima keep it forever....its pretty special....my second shiny...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • How many shinies have you caught/seen so far? I've seen 1 in my Japanese HeartGold, it was a Zubat. Evolved it to Golbat, then to Crobat and it is now lvl. 72.
    >
    >
    Well, we already have an active Shiny Pokmon discussion thread, so I've merged your thread with that one.

And hurrah for Pink crobat. =D

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I decided to play my sisters SS this morning (first time I've played Pokemon in a month or 2) because I was bored haha but anyways, I caught a Shiny Teddiursa inside Mt. Silver within like 2 mins of entering :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back