• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nm legend

Years
  • well i caught two in heartgold....a raticate and a drowzee.....pretty crappy but i traded the raticate for a shiny ghastly and when i came across the drowzee i was so surprise to run into it that ima keep it forever....its pretty special....my second shiny...
    well i cant believe it ........ later on in the day after this post i caught my third shiny in the game......a shiny ratatat..... 1- raticate 2- drowzee 3- ratatat

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • I can't believe my luck. Within one week of finding my shiny Rattata:

Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Double BOOM! :D

I was looking for a Mantine, but found something even more precious >:D I won't be using him in the team though ^^' He's a collectable.

Years
  • I was trying to hatch a female Snorunt for someone & since I had a Froslass in the day care center I figured out of 2 eggs one was bound to be female, so I got my 2 eggs and went to go hatch them. Low and behold the 2nd egg is female AND SHINY! I CANT BELIEVE I HATCHED A SHINY ON MY 2ND EGG. I have been trying forever to hatch a shiny Vulpix. I've gone through idk how many eggs and I get a diff shiny when I dont even try -_- I'm still excited. This is the first shiny I've ever hatched!

slyViper

The Loving Wolf
    Years
  • ARGH!

Ok, I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I have been quite frustrated as far as shinys are concerned. I have logged well 600+ hrs in my pokemon hg and I have yet to EVER see one. The only way I have ever obtained one was people making them for me. I want to make sure I'm not completely insane about this, but is it normal that I haven't seen a shiny yet? Also, I've tried to do the breed method. I've been breeding pokemon an easy 500+hrs of the 600+ with a Japanese Ditto and my pokes and have yet to ever seen one that way either. Am I just unlucky? Or just impatient, because my patience about it is wearing thin T_T

nm legend

Years
  • Ok, I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I have been quite frustrated as far as shinys are concerned. I have logged well 600+ hrs in my pokemon hg and I have yet to EVER see one. The only way I have ever obtained one was people making them for me. I want to make sure I'm not completely insane about this, but is it normal that I haven't seen a shiny yet? Also, I've tried to do the breed method. I've been breeding pokemon an easy 500+hrs of the 600+ with a Japanese Ditto and my pokes and have yet to ever seen one that way either. Am I just unlucky? Or just impatient, because my patience about it is wearing thin T_T
    your unlucky and impatient...a combo.....they seem to wanna appear when you least expect it! ....so keep tryin your day will come to have an original shiny!

...but then again i caught three shinies in less than 4oo hours of gameplay so maybe i shouldn't be talkin...im pretty lucky

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    caught the red Gyarados, obviously, and I kept resetting my game so I could have a shiny Lugia, it worked! I also got a shiny Ratatta, which I raised to level 100 and EV trained XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    I have two on my HeartGold, a Shiny Manectric and a Shiny Crobat, but both are traded in from a friend of mine who quit playing his Platinum.

Gonna soft reset for a shiny Kyogre though

Logan_AT

Often Lost in Thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    Ok, I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I have been quite frustrated as far as shinys are concerned. I have logged well 600+ hrs in my pokemon hg and I have yet to EVER see one. The only way I have ever obtained one was people making them for me. I want to make sure I'm not completely insane about this, but is it normal that I haven't seen a shiny yet? Also, I've tried to do the breed method. I've been breeding pokemon an easy 500+hrs of the 600+ with a Japanese Ditto and my pokes and have yet to ever seen one that way either. Am I just unlucky? Or just impatient, because my patience about it is wearing thin T_T

Same story here...given how many of those hours were spent running around in the grass EV training various pokemon, I'm actually surprised I haven't found any shinies at all.

Given my luck, I'll end up running into a shiny Graveller who will promptly Selfdestruct before I can throw a ball at it. D:

slyViper

The Loving Wolf
    Years
  • Can you guys rub your luck off on me, it's been very sad for me TuT I got my GF and I got HG and SS as a birthday present for her and me and she found a shiny weedle 16 minutes into game play ^^;; so yeah I'm being incredibly patient, I'm just trying to figure out why variables aren't working in my favor. As much as I want to blame my game =P I know I can't, it really all comes down to luck. All I have to say is whenever that little sucker shows up, I have my master ball I've been saving the whole game, for the one moment that shiny pokes its head out to catch and raise it all the way to the top!

Jenayru

X3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    After three years of playing Pokemon games, I found a shiny jigglypuff in the safari zone. I ended up catching it.
    A few days later I saw a shiny clefairy; it got away. :(

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
  • The only shiny I have ever found was a shiny meowth while I was training in the magnemite area. :I But my friend reeeaaaally wanted it so I just traded it to her oAo...

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
    Years
  • Only shiny i found was a shiny caterpie on an emulator...
    so none IRL yet

Haonn

hello, zombie ♥
    Years
  • I got a shiny mr.mime, in the freaking safari zone ;/
    I tried catching it, but it fleed... never had a shiny before that - well yeah, the shiny gyarados, but really, that just doesn't count.-

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Ive only ever seen 2 Shinys in my own game and they were Noctowl and Sudowoodo, though this was back on the original Gold version. I caught them both though :)
    It wasnt until I met the shiny garados, i realised what shinys were and that my Sudowoodo was one. lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back