• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
Years
  • OMG! BASHFUL Lv2 Shiny SENTRET!!

Hello everybody, for once, DJ91990 did NOT use cheat codes while playing Pokemon Heart Gold...so today...I was training my SENTRET and I ran into...a LEVEL 2 WILD SHINY SENTRET. I quickly switched to my lowest level Pokemon, CATERPIE Lv:4 and got its HP down to YELLOW. Then I threw my LAST POKEBALL at it. I jumped out of my seat when the capture was complete! I even recorded a video of the aftermath! (If this video will upload this year!) I will add the video to this post!

STATS:
    Nickname/Name: SENTRET/SHINY!!!!!
    Lv: 2
    Nature: BASHFUL (NEUTRAL NATURE!!!)
    Personality: "Sturdy Body" (+DEF +HP...I think)
    Pokeball Captured: POKEBALL (MY LAST POKEBALL I HAD ON HAND)
    Xp Pts: 8
    ATK: 7 DEF: 6
    SPAT: 6 SPDF: 7
    SPD: 6 MAXHP: 13
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Moves: Scratch, Foresight.

*This Pokemon was NOT cheated! No cheat codes were used!
    **I am currently taking the .SAV file and backing up this Pokemon. I will upload it to my website for all to download! My 12th day till Christmas gift to all of you!

Date/Trainer Info:
    DATE:
    12/13/2010
    TIME: Around 5:15pm EST

Trainer Name: Kitara
    Trainer Gender: Female
    Trainer ID: 19881
    Secret ID: 00378

YOUTUBE VIDEO JUST UPLOADED!
    Youtube video PROOF!!:

You want it? It's yours my friend, no Rupees required!
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HZ39E8EU

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
  • I remember when the shiny gyarados was first introduced in old gold/silver. I didn't know what shinies were so I was convinced it was an evil team rocket robot and that was why I could never catch it :I I was such a winner back then lol

Jenayru

X3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    Whilst leveling up my Gyarados at the base of Mt. Silver, I found a shiny ponyta! I was so ecstatic my dog came in the room real concerned. :DD

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • I was training one of my pokemon, I forget which, and I saw a shiny Tangela before I killed it and I captured it with a quick ball. My second legit shiny that isn't Gyarados. Darkrai doesn't count, although I did get it in a trade. XD

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
    Years
  • I run into some shinies... XD on random days...
    Ran into a shiny Sentret Male on HG. He was Jolly so I trained him~
    Then I began RNG-abusing for them. :P

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    ive gotten alot of shinies on soul silver so far, i have an abra, a pacherisu and farfetch'd but then again i did medusa method for them, atleast i know i did with pachirisu and farfetch'd not really that sure with abra though.

but i did get the red gyradoes with a premier ball though :)

other shinies ive gotten are a wingull while playing emerald and a rayquaza while also playing emerald but i soft reset for rayquaza.

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
  • I have a shiny Hoothoot and Machop from SS. Machop was a Safari Zone catch, so naturally I was having heart attacks with every ball it broke out of.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    i got a shiny Growlithe which is now an Arcanine then a week later i think i got an Onix witch is now a Steelix GJ FOR ME :D (also the first shiny I've ever gotten was a shiny Parasect in leaf green i traded it for a shiny Kyogre ands thats my history for shinies btw ive never ever soft reset fer anyone of them i tried the matsuda method but i failed D:

spiderpigryan

poketrainer
    Years
  • i have never found a shiny poke but looking ive got 4 though one was garydos at lake of rage 3 of them from trades lol but still looking really want one though lol

Moonlord

The ........MewTwo
    Years
    • LA
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    I've encountered a shiny Geodude on Platinum on Route 207.
    I've also encountered a shiny fearow but I cant remember which route.
    Another is a shiny ponyta on route 207.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
    Years
  • i dont care for most shiny's, and i get them all the time now practically give them away. in SS i EV train on Psyduck/Golduck, so the 1st shiny i have seen+caught was shiny Girl modest psyduck. in the pond thing rite above Goldenrodcity

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • I got a shiny Ekans on Route 33 in SS. Was quite happy that I even encountered a shiny at all to be honest, I never have any luck when it comes to shiny pokémon x_x

Moonlord

The ........MewTwo
    Years
    • LA
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    I found another shiny today just wandering around on the game, it was a Shiny pidgey on one of those noose routes.

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • This is probably off topic, but I really hate how hard they made it to obtain Shiny Pokémon on HG/SS :| I mean really, without the Pokétch it's so much harder. I found out about the Masuda Method though and have just obtained a Japanese Ditto with damn good IVs so that is at least a comfort!

That and I just found out about the RNG abuse thing. Where's the fun in that!? That pretty much guarantees a shiny as when you want, at least with the masuda method the chance is only reduced and it's still down to luck.

Well I guess I can just chain on Platinum and trade them over.

Also, to make this OT...

I have a shiny Gyrados and a shiny Ekans.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Just encountered a shiny Golbat in SS in Victory Road. I was able to catch it in in one Fast ball. It was my first Shiny in the 2nd generation remakes :)

Years
  • Is there any kind of technique to get a shiny in SS/HG? Ive never seen/caught one before and i want to try and i need some advice on how to go about it. Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back