• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official HGSS Shiny Pokemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years
  • Just hatched a shiny Mareep after 63 eggs using the Medusa Method. SO lucky first legit shiny.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    i guess you just need to encounter a single pokemon for a number of times in a row to raise the chance of encountering one
    i got a shiny tentacool and a shiny tauros yesterday!!! :P

i recommend the coast near cianwood city/route 40 if you want a shiny tentacool as only tentacool and tentacruel appear there
    good luck! :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • ^That's not the case unless you are chaining Pokemon with the Pokeradar in D/P/Pt - you were just lucky with finding them. In HGSS the chance is always 1/8192 unless it's the Red Gyarados or you are using the Masuda method (breeding foreign Pokemon which puts the rate of the hatch Pokemon to 1/2048).

Years
  • Encountered a shiny Onix in victory road whilst training, nearly ran away from it aswell, caught it, poisoned with 5 ultra balls or so.

Rather happy, not encountered a shiny for nearly ten years!

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2011
    Yesterday I was soft resetting for a shiny starter pokemon and i fonud a shiny Totodile. Now I have 15 shiny pokemon

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back