• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    I, for one, really love the new female character. I dunno if it's just the giant and cute hat that does but yeah I think she's cool. It might be because I never got attached to Kris having never played Crystal (only had Silver) but I'm not too bothered that she's not in it because I think Kris looks a bit odd.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    To tell you the truth, when I had my Crystal Version I played as Gold. This is probably why I enjoy this new girl better as well, over having Crystal.

Years
    I just thought about something if she's (or Gold's) playing a supportive roll wouldn't they have come somewhere? I wonder from which City? Or maybe that's what the second floor at Prof. Elm is for...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think the second floor might explain where the new girl came from. Or while talking to her it'll explain it all. She's a nice addition, beyond what others think.

Years
    Maybe she is Elm's daughter... remember the little kid in Elm's house who said "When I grow up, I'm going to help my Dad! I'm going to be a great Pokemon professor!" I'm not sure if it was a boy or girl, but maybe it's the new girl's significance? I don't know why, but I get a feeling that she might be from Cherrygrove Town...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Maybe she is Elm's daughter... remember the little kid in Elm's house who said "When I grow up, I'm going to help my Dad! I'm going to be a great Pokemon professor!" I'm not sure if it was a boy or girl, but maybe it's the new girl's significance? I don't know why, but I get a feeling that she might be from Cherrygrove Town...

How would that work? I mean then Gold would have like never aged at all... They've got to have some story behind her though seeing as she came from no where...

Years
    They've got to have some story behind her though seeing as she came from no where...

Well judging by her look I'd say she comes from a farm area like route 39 but then again that's unlikely because Gold doesn't look to farm boyish. But I'm looking forward to see how they add this support-roll

Years
    Either what I said earlier or she is the sister of the kid who said that they want to grow up to be like their father, Prof. Elm. Thus, making her still Elm's daughter. Or...she might be a new neighbor who moved to Johto from Sinnoh and wants you to show her around....IDK. Just trying to be creative.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 26, 2009
    I personally don't like Crystal that much so I don't care that that new girl is replacing her. But she looks a little hyper (her eyes are kinda strange...)

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
    ok ive recently had another thought over this.... (try about 2 minutes worth)
    I've decided to give her a chance (anyone who's read the complant thread will say "where the hell is DARKSHADE and what have you done with him?"

ok, so hear me out! i just thought of something... so there was no girl in G/S but crystal/kris/marina was still the genII girl!

however what is about 25% of this site made up of? ROM HACKS!!
    now, with a little "newly-made" sprite editting program when HG/SS comes out we can replace the girl with kris/marina/crystal!

utter genius! lol

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I don't exactly have a grudge against her, if that's what you're asking. I'll be playing as the boy when I get Soul Silver, therefore she doesn't really matter to me, but I do think Kris looked so much cooler.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The new girl actually looks as if she can have the complete opposite personality from Gold.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The new girl actually looks as if she can have the complete opposite personality from Gold.
    True.
    I have to say this though but why do people say she's Mario-ish like?
    Theres no "Mario" in her(Well maybe the clothes?)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    True.
    I have to say this though but why do people say she's Mario-ish like?
    Theres no "Mario" in her(Well maybe the clothes?)
    Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion
    \

Had to I am so sorry. XD

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion
    \

Had to I am so sorry. XD
    OMG! I HATE YOU!!!!!111ONE
    Just kidding,I find it Hellarious xD Though Her hair is in the "back" and the hat dosnet look like mario.
    But yeah she does look like mario in this picture xD and i dont see any problem with mario,Well he is "Nintendo".

Back