• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official New Girl Thread - Opinions and Discussion

Your feelings?

• Yes

Votes: 276 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 77 13.8%
  • Ram her in the face!

Votes: 206 36.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    People are very bad liars. Your just gullible, and will believe anything instead of waiting for the actual fact. Don't forget, actual rhymes with factual; facts are actual.

You can't believe everything you see on PokéBeach. They should know the smae amount of updates from the game as we should, and so far, it's up to the menu on the bottom screen and everything from CoroCoro. So, no names have been confirmed. Just be patient~

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I know a few people that jokingly refer to her as 'Maria' because of her Mario Brothers-esque outfit.

I hope her name will be Heart though, it suits her.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    To be honest, I prefer the female protagonist to be named 'Heart' than 'Silver'. I'm just saying this because, in my opinion, Heart is more of a female's name than Silver.

You can't believe everything in the internet. Period.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    i really dig this new design...
    i personally really like the overalls, and i believe they're trendy, and she looks cute in a kiddish way (which is good... in a non-pedophilic way)
    PS i still dig the overalls... a lot :D

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm pretty sure as time goes on the new female will eventually become absorbed by not all, but most game players and just adapt to her. It happened to Dawn at first, so it wouldn't be too surprising. I'm already beginning to feel the new girl is a much nicer character to add in than Crystal...There are just some things that she has that crystal didn't.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Soul would be a better name over Heart for this new female. She does look like she has some hype into her as well, so Soul could fit in nicely.

Years
    It pisses me off that they replaced Crystal. But I would be fine with this, if not for one thing- is the marshmallow hat REALLY necessary? I refuse to play as a character with a hat that is bigger than their head(even though I'm a guy and will be most likely be playing as Gold anyway, unless I got both versions and switched things up a bit).

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Not making fun of the girl, because I do like her. Though, her hat is more like a fresh, baked, and high risen loaf of bread over marshmellow. [lol]

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    She's pretty cool to me and like I said before she is different. I'd like to see how her game sprite will look when you run. The hat might be covering up her whole body. xD

Anyways other than her big hat (I like the bow on it though) and her long socks she's a pretty cute girl.

The Red Chain

Her name will be Heart and the boy is named Soul. If you read the kanji in the screen shots, its reveals their names.

Uhm.. no, the boy's name is Gold.

Her name I don't believe is revealed just yet, but since one of the hero's names is already related to the Gold version, her name will probably be Soul instead.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Usually, the Overworld sprites look a bit more palatable than the official art, so I'm sure people will like Soul a lot better when they see her in game. After all, I always thought that Lucas and Dawn looked better in D/P than in their D/P Sugimori art.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I think Maria wouldn't be bad, even if it's kinda stupid reasoning. A redesign of the same old Kris/Crystal isn't too bad, IMO.

The Red Chain

To those who call him Gold, you're also a little off-beat; no media release ever names them. (In the magazine scan, they're referred to as Hero (Male) or Hero (Female).

It's definitely not official in the new games, but mostly everyone is just used to calling him Gold due to the influence of Pokemon Special ; and a bit of the old games as well.

Last edited:
    Back